PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Codes P0200 and P0300. Bad o2 sensors? Bad ECU? WHAT!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes P0200 and P0300. Bad o2 sensors? Bad ECU? WHAT!?!?!

Hey guys. This is my first time posting a thread on here. I have 2000 Camaro SS, stock ls1, m6. The car is basically a bolt on car with some exhaust work and 4.10 gears. I had a problem with these codes coming on last year right after I put my diablo predator tune in. The car misses terribly and won't take fuel very well either. Its almost not road worthy. The SES light flashes. And the car runs pretty awful. I messed with it and replaced my bank 1 and bank 2 primary o2 sensors. Problem solved. the car runs perfect! Well then about a month ago, the same issue occurs, right after a change of plugs. I change the o2s again and boom its fixed, I thought this was odd since I had only had those o2s on the car for about 6 months.... So now, the car is doing it again, on the way home one night, part throttled up a hill and it started acting up randomly, and now its constant, if the car is cold, hot, whatever, the missing and hesitation is there regardless. I replaced the o2s and even changed my MAF sensor due to codes P0102 and P0103 coming up, still didn't fix the car. I'm lost. I'm really new to the GEN III stuff and just modern EFI in general. And help and any suggestions would greatly benefit!! Thanks!!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

You might have a clogged fuel filter. That's cheap, easy and fast. You can take it off and try blowing through it but for the mess, time, and hassle just pop a new one on it cause they are cheap.

Also have you tried returning to the stock tune?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Yes I did try going back to the stock tune. It didn't change anything. I'm completely lost, apparently this isn't something that happens a lot.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Teching In

bump, need help on this guys. I'm still lost.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

P0200 threads here. https://ls1tech.com/forums/tags/p0200.html

I checked one and it was an engine ground strap problem that fixed it. Another was a loose plug wire at the coil end where it hooks to coil pack. There may be other causes but those were the 2 I looked at.

P0300 threads here. https://ls1tech.com/forums/tags/p0300.html

This code can pop up for a LOT of different reasons, and may even be caused by what is causing your P0200 code. If it were me, I would try to resolve the P0200 code first and see if the P0300 goes away with it.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

I also noticed you have had other codes in the past but they were fixed. It would probably help for you to post EXACTLY what codes you have RIGHT NOW so that it's clear what needs to be resolved and maybe others can chime in here to help you. It looks like P0200 and P0300 from the title of your post but I just wanted to make sure.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Teching In

I will check out those threads. I dunno what happend, but today the car wouldn't start, no crank, nothing! But then I came home from work and the thing fires up, idles perfect, revs perfect, no codes, no miss! I dunno whats the deal now. But those 2 codes were exactly what it was showing, and those were all it showed on my diablo. I'm stumped, hopefully I don't have to go through this again. Thanks for all the help though!!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like grounds or other electrical to me... Look at the number of posts on here about electrical gremlins causing codes... As these cars get older, wiring connections become loose from age and/or being unplugged and plugged numerous times. Moisture and vibration gets in causing random problems...

Saw one once where every time the guy hit the gas hard, the car would totally cut off and die - turned out to be a broken battery hold-down and would let the battery tilt agains the radiator core support on any hard acceration - shorting it out and cutting the car off... Electrical problems can be very hard to track down...
Old 07-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Launching!

run the engine at night to check for bad plug wires.

my guess is plug wires or bad plugs. had an issue with both on my car and got the same 0300 code.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Teching In

You know, it sounds like a loose connection. Also sounds like you are messing with the bad connection when changing the o2 sensors. While the vehicle is running pull and wiggle the harness untill it starts messing up again. And while messing with the harness you should be able to track down the problem connection.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Launching!

my p0300 code was from the fuel delivery trim needing to be changed in the computer.

hope that helps you.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Thanks for all of the tips guys, I've driven the car somewhat lately and it seems to be okay. I have a few days off from work coming up so I'm going to go over everything with a fine tooth comb; including my o2 sensors harnesses. Seems like there could a issue around that area somewhere, I've heard there is a big ground on the back of the engine somewhere on these cars, is that true? Where is it?

Quick Reply: Codes P0200 and P0300. Bad o2 sensors? Bad ECU? WHAT!?!?!