Sponsored by:

Diablosport Intune-1000

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diablosport Intune-1000

Hello,
Im new here, just picked up a 2000 Trans Am ls1 auto bone stock and am looking into buying a hand held tuner.
Straight to the point Im looking for something that reads engine codes and something that can give me a base tune for more power and later on tune for forced induction with larger injectors.
Looked on Summitracing and it doesnt support my year but on Diablosports site it does.
Has anyone on this forum used this tuner on a 4th gen Firebird and some feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:40 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used it on several models (all the way up to 2012) and it will give you an excellent tune. Better than a lot of so called custom "tuners".
Old 10-20-2012, 11:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I did most of the inTune development testing for the 99-06 GM applications on my 99 Z28, so yes, it works for sure

Once you decide to modify the car more heavily, you'll be able to get custom tunes loaded right to the inTune to support whatever mods you may have.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Im trying to understand how the tuner works.
Lets say I tune my 2000 T/A and would like to tune another vehicle, I can only tune one at a time, meaning once I have entered my vin or vehicle specs I cannot change it unless I reflash my T/A to the original tune?
Reason Im asking is there is someone local selling an Intune due to selling his car, I am considering buying it from him, is there something I need to look out for?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by transamice
Im trying to understand how the tuner works.
Lets say I tune my 2000 T/A and would like to tune another vehicle, I can only tune one at a time, meaning once I have entered my vin or vehicle specs I cannot change it unless I reflash my T/A to the original tune?
Reason Im asking is there is someone local selling an Intune due to selling his car, I am considering buying it from him, is there something I need to look out for?
Correct, one vehicle at a time for now...
All he has to do is restore the stock tune to his vehicle then it can be used in any other supported vehicle.

Might be a good idea to make sure its updated before you do anything.
It auto updates on a PC, so nothing to it
Old 02-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Teching In

With this tuner can I manually change things in the PCM, like say I wanted to lean out the AFR or run more timing at WOT just for example can I go that or will it just flash some canned tunes and be done
Old 02-11-2013, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

I have one in stock if you want one.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Asite57
With this tuner can I manually change things in the PCM, like say I wanted to lean out the AFR or run more timing at WOT just for example can I go that or will it just flash some canned tunes and be done
Yes, it allows for WOT spark and fueling adjustments, idle speed, rev limit, and more...
Old 02-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Teching In

So pretty much everything I can do with HPtuners but much more portable then a lap top?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

It wont compare to an aftermarket laptop based tuner, so the answer to your question ASITE57 is No, it does not do everything that hp or EFIlive can do.

These handhelds are limited in what they do, but they can change wot stuff as said. But they are more "automatic" in the way they work vs hp and EFIlive are more manual changes.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Asite57
So pretty much everything I can do with HPtuners but much more portable then a lap top?
Like Jesse said, if you want to remap your spark tables, or properly scale a set of injectors, you want a full tuning suite, but if the car is pretty close, and you want to be able to adjust WOT spark, WOT fueling, idle speed, rev limiter, shift points, tire size, or any of the parameters we offer, you can do that without the need for a laptop and a full tuning suite.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Gotcha I'm not trying to tune after a major build with it just a few quick adjustments on the go

Quick Reply: Diablosport Intune-1000