PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock Sensors & Tuner in DFW, Tx.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock Sensors & Tuner in DFW, Tx.

Okay, now I know that this question has question has been asked plenty of times but, I'm wanting to delete my knock sensors. I know a lot of people would say not to but, if I had a good tune that would help. So if anyone could help, would you also have any recommendations of a tuner in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area?
Old 03-06-2014, 08:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Not only will it not help, but it will cause all sorts of other issues. I had a guy buy a car that had that and he thought he had the wot dialed in for afr and when we found out it had no knock sensors and had them put back in, you would be surprised what he could have messed up.
Not to mention that knock at WOT in a very loud car can be somewhat undetectable and it can kill your entire engine very quickly.
If you are having knock sensor problems, there are easy options to take care of that.
As far as the tuning goes, I would not really recommend many in the DFW or east texas area.
We offer remote tuning options that can put the power in your hands instead of someone elses. That way if something happens, you wont have to worry about posting up about your tuner! So that is good and bad. We offer this through HP Tuners.
Email me if you want more info!

thanks
coloradoSPEED
Old 03-06-2014, 10:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 00SlvrSS
Okay, now I know that this question has question has been asked plenty of times but, I'm wanting to delete my knock sensors. I know a lot of people would say not to but, if I had a good tune that would help. So if anyone could help, would you also have any recommendations of a tuner in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area?
I agree with coloradoSPEED, deleting them isnt the best solution. We dont run them on race cars usually but I always recommend them on daily drivers. If you dont find anyone local we arent that far away. We have cars come from DFW every now and then. We offer a couple options, email tunes with hp tuners or efi live, remote tunes with auto cal ( custom handheld for efil ive) mail order where you just mail us the pcm, or dyno tunes here is College Station. Feel free to give us a call if you any questions.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 11:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I would run them on a race car also. You can never guarantee the quality of pump fuel or diff manuf of fuel.
I have seen some pretty crazy builds and I have not had to "soften" the knock sensors up a whole lot either.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Okay I see. You would figure that since cars, not so long ago were able to go without them you would be able to do the same today. But, since you mention it, the grade of fuel is not very dependable now a days.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

Knock sensors won't help with 30+lbs of boost or on a 400-500 shot. By the time they show knock you have done melted a plug and hurt the motor. We read the plugs and adjust the timing and fuel accordingly. Race car and street car are two different things though. I never recommend deleting them on a street car.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

At least you could get a log(if you are logging on the run which of course you should) and know what happened.

Reading plugs after a run wont work if the engine explodes during the run.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

not trying to hijack but are there really no good tuners in the DFW area?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Not CONSISTENTLY good. Every one is hit or miss. The only difference is, the customer never knows. They will always explain away big cams (22x cams arent big) and zip tie everything. Not very professional for the money spent.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by coSPEED2
At least you could get a log(if you are logging on the run which of course you should) and know what happened.

Reading plugs after a run wont work if the engine explodes during the run.
If the tune was hat far off knock sensors wouldn't save the motor anyways. It's unlikely you'll burn up all 8 cylinders and if you did the plugs or what's left of them along with the other carnage will tell a lot. This is strictly race cars I'm talking about, don't want someone to read part of the post and think we were talking about street cars.

Originally Posted by coSPEED2
Not CONSISTENTLY good. Every one is hit or miss. The only difference is, the customer never knows. They will always explain away big cams (22x cams arent big) and zip tie everything. Not very professional for the money spent.
Are you in DFW? I assumed you were in Colorado.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I have been around much of the tuners in dallas. They are not up to my expectations of the hype.
We are in colorado.

And I didnt mean the entire engine blowing up all at once. Normally it is just 1 or 2 cyls that break.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Well I've got the knock sensors reinstalled. Now for the tune. Thanks you guys for the recommendation.

Quick Reply: Knock Sensors & Tuner in DFW, Tx.