PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjust o2 flow rate with full exhaust install?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 07:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Adjust o2 flow rate with full exhaust install?

Is there such a setting in hptuners? Trying to get better fuel mileage with my full exhaust. Mpg took a hit . I was reading somewhere about o2 sensor flow rate since the O2 sensors are moved from their original location. Trying to fix this and my jumping fuel trims when coming to a stop. Some instances my ltft go to -14 on both banks sometimes
Old 06-28-2018, 07:26 AM
TECH Regular

All spark plugs, wires, intake gaskets and knock sensors are new. Also have new style maf sensor
Old 06-28-2018, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not in a sense like a ford calibration but yes there are a bunch of things to do be done if they are longtubes especially. You wanna look at your switch points (i set lower rpm to 451) and proportional fueling (the amount of fuel required to make the o2 swing rich to lean to ensure proper operation). With longtubes the amount of fuel required can be reduced quite a bit. If stock values are used, youll get slow response codes and eventually the o2 stops responding and pegs lean. My theory is the exhaust isnt hot enough causing raw fuel to hit the o2 sensor. Once you reduce these values and increase the delay a bit, should be good to go. All you need is the left column under closed/open loop fuel.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TPIZ92
Not in a sense like a ford calibration but yes there are a bunch of things to do be done if they are longtubes especially. You wanna look at your switch points (i set lower rpm to 451) and proportional fueling (the amount of fuel required to make the o2 swing rich to lean to ensure proper operation). With longtubes the amount of fuel required can be reduced quite a bit. If stock values are used, youll get slow response codes and eventually the o2 stops responding and pegs lean. My theory is the exhaust isnt hot enough causing raw fuel to hit the o2 sensor. Once you reduce these values and increase the delay a bit, should be good to go. All you need is the left column under closed/open loop fuel.
Thanks allot I'm about to get on now and change those settings. I really appreciate your input. I'm still learning
Old 07-08-2018, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

does this look ok?
Old 07-08-2018, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Old 07-14-2018, 12:27 AM
TECH Regular

I never messed with the multiplier but here's a pic of my stuff

Old 07-14-2018, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by TPIZ92
I never messed with the multiplier but here's a pic of my stuff
What type of improvements did you notice with these changes? Do we need to perform MAF/VE clean up afterwards?

Old 07-23-2018, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JimMueller
What type of improvements did you notice with these changes? Do we need to perform MAF/VE clean up afterwards?
I have been working my *** off these past two days trying to get the slow response codes to go away and i finally think I figured it out. The proportional idle o2 error is very important. GHuggins stuff was a good starting point for me and I modified it from there. The o2s on a longtube at idle are slow as ****. Long, sweeping hills which will trigger the code. The proportional idle o2 error on mine was bumped significantly, but kept the same increase as MV increased . I started by changing them all to "2" and the car's o2s were super quick but the car would surge. I then started adjusting the proportional idle fuling and lowered that, which helped with the surge a bit, than logged my average o2 volts and adjusted the proportional idle o2 error to get it to display an average close to my set point. Worked great, nice shark teeth looking o2 waveform, no surge.

Now in regards to your question. I had my maf and VE dialed in already. Though it does cause your Short terms to switch fast and bounce a lot i saw no change in my average ST or LT trim in my histograms however my proportional fueling was already changed before I did these new changes so that may be the cause.

Quick Reply: Adjust o2 flow rate with full exhaust install?