PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Service Vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005 | 10:16 AM
Launching!

Default Service Vehicle?

When I put on my headers about a month ago, I got the usual SES light for AIR (I have O2 sims).....

So yesterday I found a buddy with HPTuners and he turned off the AIR SES Light (nothing else)....

I drove all day Saturday, even back from a dyno day in Little Rock (2hours away)...

So I am driving around Sunday and all of a sudden my "Service Vechicle" light comes on.... WTF does this mean?

I pulled into a parking lot and turned off the car and then started it up again and the light was off. It stayed off for the rest of the day....

How do I read the code for this light... I know with the SES light I could just go to Autozone or whatever... What could this be from???

HELP!

Thanks in advance for your replies
Old 02-08-2005 | 12:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I had the same thing happen...no codes and the light never came back on...I still dont know what it was
Old 02-08-2005 | 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

this happens on some of the pcms i tune when using hptuners also, Never did find a cause, the code that shows up in the body control modual is something like serial data comunication failure. then it works when shut off.
Old 02-08-2005 | 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

I know after I have tuned a several vehicles at the shop I have had codes in other modules. They are usually a loss of serial communication with the pcm. The pcm quits talking to other modules on the databus during programming and they will then set this code. IF it has an etac, airbag, bcm, and sometimes abs will set the codes. It is nothing to worry about.
Old 02-08-2005 | 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

the funny thing about it is, its not right after the flash, its later.
Old 02-08-2005 | 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

Computers are kinda like some women you never know what they are thinking.
Old 02-10-2005 | 02:40 PM
Launching!

So what is the best thing to do about this?

Do I need to go get the code read? Where would I go to do this?
Old 02-10-2005 | 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

if it's setting a code I'd think your buddy w/HPT would be able to pull it? after the service vehicle light came on did he try rescanning it?

The Brake/ABS/TCS lights are all off right? (if there's a problem w/the brake system it'll set service vehicle, and all the other lights, but I haven't been able to read the codes w/atap or HPT)
Old 02-11-2005 | 05:15 PM
Launching!

No other lights.... just randomly the Service Vehicle light will come on... if I turn the car off it goes away for 4 or 5 days...

It was 2 days after I disabled Air with HP Tuners before it came on for the first time... and my buddy with HPT lives like an hour away....sooo
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SteelBallz
No other lights.... just randomly the Service Vehicle light will come on... if I turn the car off it goes away for 4 or 5 days...

It was 2 days after I disabled Air with HP Tuners before it came on for the first time... and my buddy with HPT lives like an hour away....sooo
had this problem for quite awhile after using ls1 edit, found out the o2 codes i changed to type "c" were the reason for setting the code,set them to "x" haven't had a service vehicle light since. it used to set the light every day after about 2 min of driving.

Brian
Old 07-22-2005 | 05:20 PM
12 Second Club
10 Year Member20 Year Member

"had this problem for quite awhile after using ls1 edit, found out the o2 codes i changed to type "c" were the reason for setting the code,set them to "x" haven't had a service vehicle light since. it used to set the light every day after about 2 min of driving."

What's the corresponding one for HPTuners?
Old 07-31-2005 | 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

jsut the other day for the first time my tcs off light and service vehicale light came on, restarted the car and they went away??

i think in hp tuners you want to set it to no mil light, that will not turn on any lights. unless its throwing another code like wait4me said for communication
Old 09-21-2005 | 05:08 PM
On The Tree

every morning when the cars warming in OL mode i get the SV light come on around and between 50-60degrees (C) which is 122-140degrees (F) ....
I have no clue why. Except for the fact that a few days prior my EXH. got pulled off while moving forward and my 2nd O2 wires ripped out. the car also started running poorly could not firgure out why until i did some logging and my MAF sensor is no logger functioning at all "0" . so i'm assuming something something happened with some wiring that caused my MAF to no work, which is probably why my SV light is on
note it only comes on when warming up between 122-140 degrees the goes off..
but also beleive it might have something todo with the BCM i'll check the wiring diagrams when i get a chance..

Quick Reply: Service Vehicle?