PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New EFI Live Version Released Part#2......

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New EFI Live Version Released Part#2......

All new Custom operating system which includes

Quote:
# Retains the standard VE table to make the transition from an existing tune to a custom 2-bar tune simple and fast.
# Valet Mode Speed and RPM limiters.
# Dual Spark maps retained when MAF sensor has been removed. Provides custom control over high/low octane transition.
# Fuel mixtures can be based entirely on MAP vs RPM with any AFR commanded at any MAP/RPM point.
# Timing reduction table when in boost.
# Uses standard {SAE.MAP} PID in boost, works with any generic scan tool.
# Supports up to 285kPa of boost, that's nearly 3 bar.

Scanner adds Adaptive idle pids which are loggable and can be plotted via custom histograms (cells with to little counts can now be hidden and data can be filtered on any criteria your heart desires) and more

For a full list of features and new additions check out

http://www.efilive.com/downloads/v730_updates.html

or visit the forums at www.efilive.com/forum

This is a continutation of another thread that was closed for some reason.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING ABOUT HPT IN THIS THREAD AT ALL!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO GET IT CLOSED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT HPT, DO SO IN YOUR OWN THREAD. WE SNEEZE AND SOMEONE LOCKS THE THREADS, SO PLEASE STAY OUT IF THERE IS NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

My New favorite table is The auto fuel setup table.... Such an awsome time saver....

Old 08-16-2005, 12:57 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a Beta Tester, I have been using the custom operating systems for some time now in my own vehicle. I did a full flash a while back from my 2000 OS to a 2001 OS then migrated over to the applicable custom OS for my truck.

The pre-release version of 7.3.0 that is now publicly available has been well tested by Beta Testers for some time and is quite robust and validated. Otherwise, it would not have been made available to the public even as a pre-release version. The improvement in features from 7.2 to 7.3 are quite significant.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I do want to say that EFILive with FlashScan is a total hand in glove solution that continues to grow in capability.

Sincerely,

Steve Bryant
Wichita, KS

PS
In my day job, I am an avionics (aircraft electronics) engineer and I used to be a Detroit Diesel truck mechanic as my occupation. I work with electronic hardware and software daily plus automotive technology and wrenchin'are my hobbies.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:03 PM
FormerVendor

I need to flash my computer so I can use this version of the Custom OS all for free
Old 08-16-2005, 01:21 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Wait4me is right. The open loop AFR/Equivalency table is my favorite too. In fact, I believe that it is an extreme improvement over using regular PE at higher MAP levels. I migrate to a progressively richer mixture beginning at 70kPa (I use about 14.2:1 AFR). That way, the more I get into the throttle, the more power potential is in the mixture (click on thumbnail at bottom). This table also alows you to tailor the AFR for RPM/MAP areas where you need to be richer or leaner.

I've found that you can retard the time by 5 to 10 degrees across the board, disable the MAF, PE, and DFCO. Then you can safely set up the VE table for Stoic using Speed Density Operation in order to really determine what VE values you need in the various cells to reference as an EQ Ratio of 1.0 for that area without worrying about KR. The vehicle will run like a dog with this much timing pulled, but that can be a help in staying steady state in a cell long enough to log some AFR data. Once the VE Table is set up, then re-enable the MAF and adjust the MAF values for the different frequencies to maintain Stoic as you did with speed density. Now set up table {B3647} to your liking and restore the High Octane Timing Values to what they were originally (set High Octane to 100% and Low Octane to 0%). Now you can work with tweaking the timing and the {B3647} AFR/EQ values (you get a choice of your preferred unit here and elsewhere with EFILive).

EFILive 7.3 makes it really easy to tune with ease of use, versatility and the custom operating systems. FlashScan makes EFILive a breeze to implement in the PCM as well as data logging without the PC.

EFILive's custom operating systems make the PCM function better than the stock
GM design by a long shot.

All my best,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails New EFI Live Version Released Part#2......-commanded-afr-custom-os-feature.gif  

Last edited by Steve Bryant; 08-16-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

That table looks great, Looks alot like the tables on my old Gen 7 system. Very easy to work with.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

So all I need now is a really big supercharger and I'll be right!!.
http://www.efilive.com/customer_2bar.html
Old 08-17-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

oh your just turning the knife stuck in my gut.

damn these 98 pcms!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

ditto.

Ryan
Old 08-17-2005, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fetumpsh
So all I need now is a really big supercharger and I'll be right!!.
http://www.efilive.com/customer_2bar.html
You only need a small one to start with , I sold the 2.4l whipple of the Monaro in anticipation of a 3.3l whipple to up the pace a little , got bored waiting for the 3.3l to arrive so I nabbed a 2.4l to keep the bosot happening while waiting. More than enough for a very tough streeter and woudl have doen a 9 sec pass in that trim if I was allowed more than one pass at the track.

new car going together at this stage with the 3.3l whipple and a cage so I can use the new 3 bar software and get that 9 sec street car pass .

If you are not BLOWN your engine SUCKS !

Last edited by Tomcat; 08-18-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tomcat
If you are not blown your engien SUCKS !
good one