PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI live or HPtuners to tune a FI C5?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:46 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFI live or HPtuners to tune a FI C5?

Okay, car is a 02 Z06 with a A&A procharger kit. I currently have LS1 edit but I think it's time to step up to either EFI live or HPtuners. They both look great but they are both confusing the hell outta me. All this 2 bar 3 bar stuff-I don't get it. I don't think i'll be going speed density but I want a application that welcomes FI with open arms and is easy to understand. So what setup would you recomend and why? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

me id choose EFI Live, heard to many bad things about customer service from Hptuners. These were from people who were in the proccess of switching to live. Plus, EFI live is dedicated to LS1's and Duramax's. I dont know where HP is going. lol. just close the thread already.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In your case I would say go with hptuners...they are still offering trade in's if im not mistaken for ls1edit combined witht he fact that it would only run you $649 to tune your car with a 2 bar custom OS compared to $849 with efilive makes it a pretty clear choice to me.

lata
Bill
Old 02-11-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

I hope this thread doesn't get closed...on ANY other part of this forum you can talk about parts and compare company A to company B and make informed decisions.

Not this one, they let you fend for yourself.

Kind of defeats the purpose.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what you are looking at I wouldn't even take a chance. I would get EFILive. It is a little more up front, but the ease of use, awsome customer service and features aren't available anywhere else not to mention the new upcoming V2 interface. Hands down better then anything on the market or upcoming. Shoot me a PM and I can tell you of a sponsor that will take care of you and it will be VERY close to the cost of HPT with a wideband.

PS - BlackHawk, I totally agree with you brother.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Junkie

EFILive is the only way to fly. You will find every thing you want and need to get you tuning in no time.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:48 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

oh boy....

moderators...please lock this thread as we all know where its going to go.....
its already on its way into the *******....

as to answer a basic statement that will probably get me flames from both sides of the fence.....

the answer to your question is simply... YES

meaning both can do the job
I personally use HPT..
both have 2 and 3 bar OS's
check out both web sites and decide for yourself

also be sure to get a wideband as you will need it to get proper fueling for your car

and if you say that you cant afford a wideband...like the other ***** bastards that spend 12grand on a motor and dontr want to spend an extra $200 for a wideband...then you should die and go to hell and burn there..
sorry for the harsh feelings....

nuff said.....
now a moderator should lock this as I have now properly answered the question he asked
Old 02-11-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by soundengineer
and if you say that you cant afford a wideband...like the other ***** bastards that spend 12grand on a motor and dontr want to spend an extra $200 for a wideband...then you should die and go to hell and burn there..
Old 02-11-2006, 07:54 PM
8 Second Club

Yes I have a wideband. Please don't lock this thread-let's keep it civil and learn from it. I have used both systems and both seem to work well. I have yet to try the autoVE tune from EFI live but that seems to an awesome no brainer.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

you need to search their forums and websites. this should be locked. we cant play nice.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:00 PM
8 Second Club

EFI calls it autotune....
HP Tuners calls it SD tuning...

its the same dam thing on both.....
both use AFR error % to tell you how far off the VE table is....

dam I'm bitchy tonight.....
the band is gonna hate me when I get off the tour bus here in an hour to go mix....
Old 02-11-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
you need to search their forums and websites. this should be locked. we cant play nice.
Why the hell not?

Why does politics have to rule this forum and none of the others?

Yeah I said it but damn, someone has to.

I agree both are awesome products.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

EFILive is the only way I fly. Free custom os's unprecedented customer attention/support. More available PIDs than the competition. CURRENTLY and in the FUTURE more standard features than the competiition (ie scanning, flashing, unlimted logging all from the interface box and to many more to list) better pricing (the competition will use voodoo math to try and sway you), only full tuning suite with custom operating sysstem for the GM duramax and soon to be LS2/Ls7/Allison transmission tuning. Who could ask for more I would go on all night but eventually I will prolly get silenced and me and my buddies will have to take a screen shot of this thread for our own personal archives
Old 02-11-2006, 08:13 PM
FormerVendor

nuff said.....
now a moderator should lock this as I have now properly answered the question he asked

LOL all hail SE for being the tuning GURU he is and the last authoratative word on things LOL

SE for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry for the harsh feelings....
And this is coming from a wonderful HPT moderator and beta tester. If that is the support and type of attitude you guys have, no wonder I have been getting the PMs that I have of people wanting to switch. With that being said, if it isn't that big of a deal, then why do you guys even offer a interface that is "cheaper" but doesn't include this feature? If it is so important, which many think it is, then it should be STANDARD, like it is for EFILive.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

some people just want it to change speedo and erase codes. they dont need wideband. if you spend 12k on a setup you would be a fool not to get a wideband. dont turn this into a fight. sound always gives props to both. you guys cant say one good thing about tuners (like way to go for ford and dodge tuning). anything. wow. lets push our products and bash everyone else. pretty sad.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:26 PM
8 Second Club

see... told you I would get flames....
but it looks like they are all coming from EFI guys....

and...my personal choice is to tell people to only buy the EIO.....and explain to them how they cant get any PE fueling correct without a wideband...

just because they offer a non EIO version doesnt mean I agree with it...

doesnt need to be part of this thread...

have a nice day...
good thing I'm wearing my fire suit and have my 5 point harness locked down
Old 02-11-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

(EFI) you guys should learn how to be humble and stop being businessmen.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:27 PM
8 Second Club

some people just want it to change speedo and erase codes. they dont need wideband. if you spend 12k on a setup you would be a fool not to get a wideband. dont turn this into a fight. sound always gives props to both. you guys cant say one good thing about tuners (like way to go for ford and dodge tuning). anything. wow. lets push our products and bash everyone else. pretty sad.
and thanks BMF....
Old 02-11-2006, 08:29 PM
FormerVendor

I dont care about ford or dodge I own an LS1. He asked a question, yes SE gives props to both but most of the times there is always a bias and he doesnt own the product (EFILive) so who better to talk about it than the ones who actually own it and use it on a daily basis. Would you go to a doctor someone recommended if they've never had any dealings with the said practitioner? I thinks not......

PS before anyone inquires I have my EIO HPT cable sitting right here next to me my EFI cable is in the car where it belongs

Quick Reply: EFI live or HPtuners to tune a FI C5?