RTACS Pre-release v7.3.4 version available

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default RTACS Pre-release v7.3.4 version available

EFILive Version 7.3.4

Updated FEB 14, 2007

This release is not intended for use in production environment. Until the software has been officially and publicly released on EFILive's web downloads page we recommend only using V7.3.4 in a test environment.

Latest RTACS beta download is available here:
http://download.efilive.com/software...626_577_51.zip (4.1Mb)
Unzip the contents of the file into the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V7, overwriting any existing files. Please update your FlashScan V2 with the new firmware: V2.04.51.

A *very* quick intro into RTACS (Real Time Auto Calibration System)
================================================== ==

1. The \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\cal_link file needs to be altered to include the PID that you want to use to update the table(s) in the tuning tool.

i.e. you need to add the "RRR" like this:
; Default ROW/COL layout for most LS1 operating systems
[LS1]
;Main VE Table
B0101.ROW=SAE.RPM
B0101.COL=SAE.MAP
B0101.RRR=CALC.BEN_LC11

2. IMPORTANT: The PID that you choose for the feedback MUST contain the percentage error the same as the BEN factors do. i.e. if the target is 10% higher than the commanded, then the PID MUST feedback the value 1.1, or if the target is 5% lower than the commanded then the PID MUST feedback the value 0.95.

3. The RoadRunner control panel in the tuning tool now has a new "filter" button. Click on it to expand the window to reveal 8 filters that can be set up to control which frames of data from the scan tool are ignored and/or included.

4. On each map in the tuning tool, two new icons are available. They are red circles, one with 4 arrow heads, one with one arrow head. The 4 arrow heads activates "fine grain" adjustments. The single arrow head activates "coarse grain" adjustments. If neither button is selected then RTACS is disabled.
No matter how many maps have their fine/coarse toolbar buttons selected, ONLY the top window in the tuning tool will be updated by the RTACS system.

5. RTACS is only active when the scan tool is actually logging real data from a PCM. It is not active when playing back logs or scrolling through the charts.

6. You can protect and unprotect cells in a map. Protected cells will not be updated by RTACS (actually they can't be altered by any method until they are unprotected).

7. The "Sky-Blue" axis labels on the maps will change color to indicate various RTACS operational states:

* Black text on Sky-Blue background (normal) means no RTACs update occured because one or more filters caused the data to be discarded.
* White text on Navy blue background means all RTACS filters were satisified and an update was applied to the map. (Note the update may have been 1.0 which would cause no change to the map).
* White text on Red background means that the data was discarded because if it had been applied it would have violated the RTACS min/max constraints.

Updates in this release:
=================

Optimized the EFILive_Tune.exe to minimize (as much as possible) CPU usage during RTACS operation.

Part of the optimization is implemented as an update frequency value in the Edit->Properties window on the [RoadRunner] tab page. The "Update frequency" value represents the number of RTACS cell updates that will occur before the screen is refreshed. Smaller values will cause higher CPU loads, larger values will cause lower CPU loads.

Added user defined RTACS min/max constraints. These values are displayed under the normal min/max values and each time a *.tun file is loaded they default to the min./max values in the map - if you want them to be different that that you need to manually change them each time the calibration is opened. Future versions fo the software will allow the RTACS min/max values to be saved and restored.

A number of significant improvements have been made to the reading and flashing comms routines.

LMM reading and flashing support - cal files will follow shortly. Please send any LMM ECM files that you are able to read to EFILive support.

LS1 Hybrid (5.3L / Electric) reading and flashing support - cal files will follow shortly. Please send any LS1 Hybrid PCM files that you are able to read EFILive support..

RTACS updates:
============

Protected cells are displayed in a used defined color. Protected cells' values cannot be changed either manually or by RTACS.

You can now specify the desired accuracy for all cells in a calibration. When a cell reaches it's target accuracy, it is frozen and will not change again. Frozen cells can be unfrozen by changing the target cell percentage accuracy.

FlashScan V2 firmware updates:
========================

Fixed license upgrade problem where random junk may be added as VIN licenses during the upgrade process.

Fixed problem that caused non-communication issues with CAN controllers if FlashScan was powered up when no valid CAN network existed (i.e. if it was connected to the PC first, then the vehicle).

Known Issues
==================

If you double click on a cell (or otherwise cause a cell to enter edit mode) in the tuning tool while RTACS is active then that cell will receive all the RTACS update messages rather than the correct cell(s).

LMM PCM Info screen displays the LMM operating system number incorrectly in the top half of the display, but correctly in the lower half.

Some configuration files still have more modifications pending. Those modifications will be released as soon as they are completed.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yall are gonna love the RTACS.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:24 AM
TECH Addict

In a test environment . . . how?

When will the real-world product be available?

I gotta REALLY move on getting my crap LC-1 working or dumping it and buying a new one ASAP
Old 02-15-2007, 05:31 AM
TECH Junkie

We have been testing this for sometime now. The "actual" release date isn't available at this time. If you want to play with it, you can feel free to do so. In a test environment would be in your car.

Where did you buy the LC-1 from and how long ago?
Old 02-15-2007, 05:55 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Black02SS
We have been testing this for sometime now. The "actual" release date isn't available at this time. If you want to play with it, you can feel free to do so. In a test environment would be in your car.

Where did you buy the LC-1 from and how long ago?
Nice!

I bought the LC-1 from Jes (wait4me) no more than 1 month ago; possibly just 3 weeks.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Can you give me a call today? I'd like to talk to you about your LC-1 troubles.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Hey Chad,

Should we uninstall 7.3.3 and then do a full re-install of version .4?

Thanks

R/

Frat
Old 02-15-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Junkie

.4 is just an update. save a copy of the .3 files and replace the originals with .4
Old 02-15-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

Oh...crap. I understand now...long day at work.

That popping noise you all heard was me pulling my head out of my @ss.

R/

Frat
Old 02-15-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

damn - that was loud
Old 02-16-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Hopefully I did'nt break any windows.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

I was wondering where that crack came from in my glass.