Sponsored by:

car feels "sluggish" every now and then

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default car feels "sluggish" every now and then

Hey all,
I don't know if this is in the right section or not, but, I thought it was. If it isn't sorry.

Anyways, the motor in question is the one in my sig. It has a full manual 4L80e. It usually drives perfectly, however, it does something somewhat annoying every now and then. When I drive it as soon as starting it up (I tend to give it a minute on normal days, longer on cold days) it will feel sluggish. By sluggish I mean it drives like you are trying to drive a 6-speed from a standstill in second gear. It sounds completely shitty as well. It will continue on up through 2nd gear. Usually, if I go WOT real quick the problem is solved. It also does it if the car has been sitting at idle for a long time. Like, if there is a really long stoplight or if I am at a drive thru it will happen occasionally. Like I said, it doesn't happen all the time and is always cured by a quick WOT.

The car has been dynotuned by Ed Wright from Fastchip. It has LS7 fuel injectors but I am still on a stock fuel pump.

Could the fuel pump be the issue? Could it be the tune? What are your all's thoughts.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

TTT help if ya can
Old 04-27-2008, 02:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it has been like this since it was tuned, why not take it back to him and tell him there is a little work left? Other than that, there's not much anyone in here can help with you if you don't tune your own car.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Thats weird because i am having the same problem. I noticed it once the weather started to warm up so im think my car may be loading up on fuel down low. If any tuner can chime in and give us some ideas that would be great.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Out of curiosity are you still running with a MAF or did you go with a speed density tune?
Old 05-03-2008, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Well you might want to check your 02 sensors because i had my tuner plugged into my car and the 02 sensor on the passenger side was the culprit. Thats what was wrong with my car and i had the same symptoms. hope this helps
Old 07-11-2008, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02LS1z
Well you might want to check your 02 sensors because i had my tuner plugged into my car and the 02 sensor on the passenger side was the culprit. Thats what was wrong with my car and i had the same symptoms. hope this helps
if its thorwing a code you might want to check the o2 sensors, i had that problem, also you may want to change out you fuel fliter, its cheap and easy so it want hurt if that aint the problem but i was running a little odd and changed mine and now it runs better, and you might want to throw in some injector cleaner
Old 07-12-2008, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did the car do this before the tune or after? if it started doing this after the tune i would head back to your tuner and tell him everything word for word the car is doing other than that injector cleaner, fuel filter, spark plug change even maybe.....