Reset My car PCM

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 04:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reset My car PCM

How do I reset my computer in my car

99Z28/M6

I know there are 2 Fuses you pull for a certain time.

I just need to know the procedure.

Thanks in advance

Bruce
Old 06-21-2008, 07:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

just pull your negative battery cable for about 10 minutes...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-21-2008, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or

Turn key on, don't start car
Pull PCM BATT & PCM IGN fuses in engine compartment
Wait 5-10 min
Turn ignition off
Replace fuses
Old 06-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
just pull your negative battery cable for about 10 minutes...
And lock the theft loc for more headaches?
Old 06-21-2008, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
And lock the theft loc for more headaches?
Never had a problem with theft loc?

Do you need to clear codes? Why reset PCM?
Old 06-21-2008, 04:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah... doesn't do anything to the anti theft **** at all...

dunno what YOU'RE talkin about...

only things I had to reset was my clock and compass...

car alarm and radio anti-theft and presets and DIC info/settings are all un-effected...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 06-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yeah... doesn't do anything to the anti theft **** at all...

dunno what YOU'RE talkin about...

only things I had to reset was my clock and compass...

car alarm and radio anti-theft and presets and DIC info/settings are all un-effected...
No, when you kill power to the radio it locks it. It comes from the factory with no code. If someone put a code in it it will lock when it loses power.
I didn't just make up a story to prove you wrong.

TheftLock Radio Theft Deterrent System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheftLock is designed to discourage theft of your radio. It works by using a secret code to disable all radio functions whenever battery power is removed (or when the radio is removed).

You usually don't have to worry about the TheftLock feature. TheftLock is not activated when you buy a new car and most owners don't bother activating it after taking delivery. Considering how little used Monsoon head units cost, there isn't much market for stolen ones. You can tell if TheftLock is activated by the flashing red LED on the face of the radio when the car isn't running.

When TheftLock is activated, the radio will display LOC to indicate a locked condition anytime battery power is removed. If your battery loses power for any reason, you must unlock the radio with the secret code before it will operate.

Unlocking the Theft-Deterrent Feature After a Power Loss

If you know the code that was used to lock the radio then use the following instructions from the owner's manual to unlock the radio.

Quote:
Enter your secret code as follows; pause no more than 15 seconds between steps:
1. Turn the ignition on. LOC will appear on the display.
2. Press MIN and 000 will appear on the display.
3. Press MIN again until the last two digits agree with your code.
4. Press HR until the first one or two digits agree with your code.
5. Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches your secret code. The display will show SEC, indicating the radio is now operable and secure.

If you enter the wrong code eight times, INOP will appear on the display. You will have to wait an hour with the ignition on before you can try again. When you try again, you will only have three more chances (eight tries per chance) to enter the correct code before INOP appears.

If you don't know the code that was used to lock the radio then you will have to use the dealer's unlock procedure as follows. The dealer code changes over time - the one listed is current as of this posting. If it doesn't work try 08359 or search the forum for messages with a more recent code.

Quote:
1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first three digits of the display code are displayed.
2. Write the numbers down.
3. Press the AM-FM button, write down the next three numbers.
4. Call 1-800-537-5140. When asked, enter dealer code 202108, press the * button, and enter the six digit code from the radio. You will get an unlock code, write it down.
5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first two numbers, press the MIN button and set the next two numbers, then press the AM-FM button. The display will show SEC, indicating the radio is now operable and secure.

To remove the code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on the radio face indicating the code is now out of the radio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by WhiteBird00 : 12-13-2006 at 11:45 AM.
FROM HERE: POST #6 https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/612644-monsoon-faq.html

Trending Topics

Old 06-21-2008, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Learn something new every day. I never had a problem though.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

as is stated in that document:

"TheftLock is not activated when you buy a new car and most owners don't bother activating it after taking delivery."

"You can tell if TheftLock is activated by the flashing red LED on the face of the radio when the car isn't running."

so then yes - if it has been activated and that red LED is flashing when the car is off, then you'll probably have an issue with that...

but I know on the newer cars, like mine anyway, with the newer version of TheftLock enabled, I don't get locked out when I disconnect power... hasn't happened yet at least...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 06-22-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i know there is a bypass code from GM to reset the radio if that happens to you, it's just bin a while since i did one on the that style radio.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

there is no need to ever reset the ecm like that.... Unless i guess you need to clear codes without a scan tool. But that would not be a good idea to erase them without seeing what they are first.... And well to do that you need a scan tool and then you would just be able to erase them right after you read them out...
Old 10-17-2019, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Permanent code delete

How do permanently delete code 04020 on a 2002 Firebird 3.8.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,146 Likes on 2,453 Posts

Originally Posted by Chlly Chill
It would be better to start your own thread with a question like this.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

IT"S ALIVE... Zombie thread, just in time for halloween lol.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Chlly Chill
I'll go ahead and answer this, even though this is a retired thread that should be about to graduate middle school...

First off, which code is that? Is there a letter in front of it? If this is an engine code, (which that exact one is NOT on the ECU/PCM list) then it's easy. Just find someone with HPT tuners, EFI live, etc, or similar software and set it to "No Error Reported" and call it a day. If this is the P0420, which I'm guessing here, then this is what you do.

Now if this is a BCM (body control module) code, then things just got a lot harder. You will need access to a GM Tech II scanner to access the BCM and delete the code that way. Those are a weeee bit harder to come by.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc
I'll go ahead and answer this, even though this is a retired thread that should be about to graduate middle school...

First off, which code is that? Is there a letter in front of it? If this is an engine code, (which that exact one is NOT on the ECU/PCM list) then it's easy. Just find someone with HPT tuners, EFI live, etc, or similar software and set it to "No Error Reported" and call it a day. If this is the P0420, which I'm guessing here, then this is what you do.

Now if this is a BCM (body control module) code, then things just got a lot harder. You will need access to a GM Tech II scanner to access the BCM and delete the code that way. Those are a weeee bit harder to come by.
Thank you sir. And BTW I'm pretty new to this site so I don't know why way around it juss yet. But thanks for your input anywayz!

Quick Reply: Reset My car PCM