Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Whats wrong with Formulas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by red87iroc
93 Trans Am's came one way only - loaded. 94 is the only year for the GT option.
Ooops, I edited my post above. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:26 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Formulas have large round fog lights, just located closer to the sides rather than the tip of the bumper. I always say a Formula looks like its smiling at you the way the fog lights are positioned! I have a 2000 Formula with T-tops and leather seats and it gets more attention than my hubby's 02 WS6! (My Formy is an NHRA Edition which many people have never seen in person) Also when I go racing, lots of non-fbody-educated racers confuse me for a v6... which has won me a few heads up money runs!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 Melly
Also when I go racing, lots of non-fbody-educated racers confuse me for a v6... which has won me a few heads up money runs!
Yup! I really like the sleeper aspect of it. And that goes for attention from cops as well.

I love my Formula...which is pretty loaded, btw - leather power seats, t-tops, keyless entry. I actually wish I had cloth seats, those leather seats get HOT on summer days withthe t-s off!

I just like the cleaner look of the Fomula as compared to the TA, and I actually think the TA nose looks less agressive.

The TA batmobile wing looks out of control without the WS6 hood to balance it off, and the wing combined with the rear bumper just makes the car look "fat" from behind, IMO. Although aftermarket tailpipes look really good with that bumper.

I also like the rarity of the Formula, you don't see them very often, while TA's are quite common.

Only downfall is expaining to someone what the Formula is, hearing people say "oh, you should have gotten a TA WS6", and the fact that no, it's not the top of the line Firebird model.

Also, people constantly refer to it as TA anywyay, no matter how many times I correct them.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Junkie

^exactly right. People are so ignorant its stupid. If I had a nickle for everytime I heard "I bet you wish you got the Trans am!" or "is that a ws6?" or "nice trans am" I'd be a billionaire.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:59 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
^exactly right. People are so ignorant its stupid. If I had a nickle for everytime I heard "I bet you wish you got the Trans am!" or "is that a ws6?" or "nice trans am" I'd be a billionaire.
haha yup!

I had a kid once look at my dash because he didn't believe it was an LS1
Old 02-21-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike
Yup! I really like the sleeper aspect of it. And that goes for attention from cops as well.

I love my Formula...which is pretty loaded, btw - leather power seats, t-tops, keyless entry. I actually wish I had cloth seats, those leather seats get HOT on summer days withthe t-s off!

I just like the cleaner look of the Fomula as compared to the TA, and I actually think the TA nose looks less agressive.

The TA batmobile wing looks out of control without the WS6 hood to balance it off, and the wing combined with the rear bumper just makes the car look "fat" from behind, IMO. Although aftermarket tailpipes look really good with that bumper.

I also like the rarity of the Formula, you don't see them very often, while TA's are quite common.

Only downfall is expaining to someone what the Formula is, hearing people say "oh, you should have gotten a TA WS6", and the fact that no, it's not the top of the line Firebird model.

Also, people constantly refer to it as TA anywyay, no matter how many times I correct them.
Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Originally Posted by LS1 Melly
haha yup!

I had a kid once look at my dash because he didn't believe it was an LS1
I know exactly how you guys feel.
When I'm asked what a Formula is I tell them "it's everything a Trans Am is without all the Fluff !!"
Old 02-24-2011, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are just too damn fast and cant be handled

Old 03-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Staging Lane

Ws6 much better looking veh. Plus that ugly spoiler on the back of formulas. Pay the difference, get the ws6, will be worth more money if you decide to hold on to it.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Launching!

ive always preferred the formulas. i like both, dont get me wrong, but im glad i went with a formula
Old 03-10-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnny walker
Ws6 much better looking veh. Plus that ugly spoiler on the back of formulas. Pay the difference, get the ws6, will be worth more money if you decide to hold on to it.
WS6 what? Formula had the WS6 option too, up until '00.

And IMO, a Formula WS6 is more desirable than any TA, since they're much more rare.

Go to any F-Body meet or drag day, you can't hit a rock without hitting a TA WS6. A WS6 Formula is the car that's going to attract the attention from people in the know.

And personally, I'd rather have the "ugly" Formula flat spoiler than that batmobile looking mostrosity on the back of the T/A anyday.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike
And personally, I'd rather have the "ugly" Formula flat spoiler than that batmobile looking mostrosity on the back of the T/A anyday.
The wing is about the only thing I like on the T/A more than a Formula, although not much more. The WS6 quad nose looks like ***, the body kit makes it look bigger than it already is, and the front bumper looks like *** IMO. Formula Firehawk or Formula with a Raptor hood FTW.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Haha to each is own guys, I have both so its hard to pick one. The WS6 T/A looks great as is. The Formulas look great but I cant stand stock hoods and have always really hated the "raptor" hoods. I think for a drag car the formulas look amazing with the taller WS6 style hoods.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:07 AM
TECH Junkie

I love how after 3 1/2 pages of explanation, there are still several people on the 4th page reffering to "WS6" as if it was standard, Trans am only equipment
Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Banned

Nice one
Attached Thumbnails Whats wrong with Formulas?-p1010057.jpg  
Old 05-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Ya personally I can't stand how the formulas look, the formula ws-6 on the other hand looks a little better than a T/A but still not as good as the WS-6 T/A. My opinion of course.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Teching In

This is my Formula with a T/A wing on it.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Veteran

I wish a T/A could have been available with a hardtop. That's the only thing I don't like about them. I've had 2 so far, but the next one would probably be a hardtop Formula with the T/A body kit swap.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS69TA
I wish a T/A could have been available with a hardtop. That's the only thing I don't like about them. I've had 2 so far, but the next one would probably be a hardtop Formula with the T/A body kit swap.
both my TAs are hard tops!!!! 93 and 95

i dont like the formula's rear bumper i wish it was smooth cuase it reminds me of a baboon's but no offense guys
Old 05-09-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DisturbedTA
both my TAs are hard tops!!!! 93 and 95

i dont like the formula's rear bumper i wish it was smooth cuase it reminds me of a baboon's but no offense guys
I meant the LS1 T/A's. I do like the hardtop LT1 T/A's though.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

any ws6,t/a or formula is all good for me. my fave 4th gen is the ceta ws6.
but i cant deny that hardtop formy. wolf in sheeps clothing is what it is.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with Formulas?