Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrFormula
They've gone on to greener pastures. IE somewhere that will actually accept the new Firehawk concept with positive view. I think the reason why they haven't come back is because if they did they know that we will try and pick apart every single thing they say. No one likes staying in a place their not wanted, it's like going to a car meet with a riced out car, "Hey guys check out my new Firehawk." fill in the blank with the outcries and jokes and yea they're gonna drive off and goto a meet(forum) where they are accepted with open arms, not a hostile forum bent on their destruction.

Besides the Koolaide drinkers at Firehawk.com (who as I have stated before have a finacial intrest in the "new firehawk" by increasing their paid membership numbers in the Firehawk Assoc of America and increasing attendance at their meets) what forum has been accepting of the idea? none that I have seen.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never said that we didn't want them here, I said that they don't feel wanted here. I own a Firehawk, I completely understand where everyone is coming from, believe me I would love an SLP G8 just not a Firehawk.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Besides the Koolaide drinkers at Firehawk.com (who as I have stated before have a finacial intrest in the "new firehawk" by increasing their paid membership numbers in the Firehawk Assoc of America and increasing attendance at their meets) what forum has been accepting of the idea? none that I have seen.
You got that right. Every thread at firehawk.org gets locked if members disagree with the name of the new G8.

I'm convinced that a big part of the SLP "focus group" which Dave was gloating about consisted of FAOA leadership.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Staging Lane

The G8 will not be competition for the Bimmer or Benz. If thats what SLP is going for, their going to miss. That customer is buying prestige, not performance.
GM products consistently outperform every other auto manufacturer in the world, but we're not a high end marque... stickers and a blower won't change that.

Thats kind of like GM thinking they would go after the M3 crowd with the GTO.lol

Whats wrong with catering to the average Joe's?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Actually, I know some BMW M car and M-B AMG owners that have test driven G8 GT's and are more than impressed at would could be their next car for stacks of money less than they spent on their current sport luxary cars. GM hit it on the head by introducing the platform to the North American Market and now SLP is going to try to put it on another level.

I don't see what some of the complaints are about the Firebird based Firehawks compared to the new ones. The 4th gen Hawks hardly lived up to the image of the original, being little more than a hood and a few other little optional trinkets apart from the more mainline WS6 model. No extra power or performance from teh 4th gens, unlike the 3rd gens that started it all that were vastly improved from the production version of the cars they were based on. The new G8 Firehawk will get some performance back behind the name, something that no 4th gen owner can claim off the showroom floor.

-Tim
Old 10-29-2008, 06:10 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrFormula
They've gone on to greener pastures. IE somewhere that will actually accept the new Firehawk concept with positive view. I think the reason why they haven't come back is because if they did they know that we will try and pick apart every single thing they say.
Just because they haven't replied, that doesn't mean they do not still visit and read these replies. We have done our part here to edit them and keep them mature. Whether they decide to heed our opinions or not is up to them. Unlike some "greener pasture" sites, we will not censor the feedback of our community. People are still learning about this new Firehawk on a daily basis, and they are welcome to post their opinion about it here.

You might think some other sites are all "positive" about the car, but that is only because the moderators there are deleting the negative views.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
You might think some other sites are all "positive" about the car, but that is only because the moderators there are deleting the negative views.
Exactly. firehawk.org, for example.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just because they haven't replied, that doesn't mean they do not still visit and read these replies.
Exactly. It's easy to tell that he's still around.

View Profile: David Hamburger
LS1TECH Sponsor
Last Activity: Today 07:31 AM
Old 10-30-2008, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!! GUESS WHAT!!!!

OMG SLP is gonna help make a Solstice WS6!!! OOOOHH I'M SOOO....

...nvm

Once again SLP takes the great company they USED to be, chews it up and spits it back at the face of the community that made them big.

I will NEVER own or reccomend any aftermarket SLP product ever again.

Last edited by phantomzer0; 10-30-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please keep the posts on topic and not about other SLP products. We don't care if you are going to boycott their exhaust.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Launching!

i still think GT-SLP or GTX would be just fine. let the firehawk name lurk with the firebirds and retain the rareity of the firehawks. i personally do not want to see a "firehawk" g8. get with the now SLP.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Default G8 Firehawk???

I've got to say that I hate this idea... I own a 2000 Firehawk #19, and feel totally betrayed by SLP for even considering this to continue with the Firehawk name. I really like the idea that they're continuing to upgrade vehicles, I even like the idea of a hopped up G8. Just please don't call it a Firehawk. I've spent a small fortune on some SLP parts, and I love my Hawk. I'm really not happy with this decision, and if the SLP guy is still reading this thread, pay attention to some of these people, this is a bad idea, that will end badly for all of us...
Old 11-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Any firehawk G8s at sema?
Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by triggerjerk
Any firehawk G8s at sema?
Good question... SEMA runs today through Friday...
Old 11-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Default G8 Firehawk???

Just scanned through 956 photos of the cars, trucks, and bikes at the SEMA show, and as far as I could tell, there was no G8 Firehawk there... There was a couple G8s, but no Firehawk... Let's hope they abandoned this bastardization of a worthy name...
Old 11-06-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ANGRYTIMBLIN
Just scanned through 956 photos of the cars, trucks, and bikes at the SEMA show, and as far as I could tell, there was no G8 Firehawk there... There was a couple G8s, but no Firehawk... Let's hope they abandoned this bastardization of a worthy name...
Thanks for your research effort; it is appreciated! I have been doing the same thing with the various SEMA galleries I've seen... No G8 Firehawk...
Old 11-07-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

All I have to say is it is bitterly unoriginal to use firhawk for a new model, based on G8. Nothing but a dumb business/marketing way to try to trap previous TA owners.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Just because they haven't replied, that doesn't mean they do not still visit and read these replies. We have done our part here to edit them and keep them mature. Whether they decide to heed our opinions or not is up to them. Unlike some "greener pasture" sites, we will not censor the feedback of our community. People are still learning about this new Firehawk on a daily basis, and they are welcome to post their opinion about it here.

I'd rather have your firehawk viper to tell you the truth.

Firehawk on a firebird makes sense. Its an enhancement of the original name. But firehawk G8? Thats lame and takes ALOT away from the original firehawks. It takes away from the G8's also. Like they don't deserve their own original thing.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:05 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I am here in Vegas for SEMA. No Firehawk G8 in attendance. To be honest, none of the customized G8's here are attracting any attention anyways. The Camaros/Challengers/GTR and exotics get all of the attention this year. Most people walk right by the few G8s here without a 2nd look.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am here in Vegas for SEMA. No Firehawk G8 in attendance. To be honest, none of the customized G8's here are attracting any attention anyways. The Camaros/Challengers/GTR and exotics get all of the attention this year. Most people walk right by the few G8s here without a 2nd look.
sux for slp
i guess there research was wrong, rushed and biased
there g8 firehawk may bomb if it ever is released

Quick Reply: Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss