Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO and CDR's

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GTO and CDR's

When playing burned cd’s, tracks above six or somewhere in the middle skip, sometimes so badly they won’t even play. At first I thought I had some bad discs so I bought new ones, same trouble. Then I tried burning them at 24x instead of the usual 48x and they did not do it at first, but after a couple days its back to its old self. Any ideas here, I am an inch away from insanity with this.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My burned CD's are playing just fine, up to tracks in the mid 20's so far.. Maybe your burner writes it in such a way that the deck can't focus well or something...
Old 11-17-2004, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

I'm getting the same problem now, it's wierd. I might just switch to wireless transmitter from my mp3 player.

I wish there was some kinda imput that I can plug it in directly from an mp3 player instead of using a wireless transmitter and lose quality
Old 11-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSInnovations
When playing burned cd’s, tracks above six or somewhere in the middle skip, sometimes so badly they won’t even play. At first I thought I had some bad discs so I bought new ones, same trouble. Then I tried burning them at 24x instead of the usual 48x and they did not do it at first, but after a couple days its back to its old self. Any ideas here, I am an inch away from insanity with this.
Try burning them at 4X or even 2X. I've read in Maximum PC that this will burn the pits into the disc better making it easier for a car stereo or other CD player to recognize them. It takes longer to burn but it will probably correct your problem.

Has anyone seen a user manual for the GTO's stereo? Does one exist.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Teching In

I have the same problem in my S2000 and in my Gals SE-R. I also went out a bought new disc and had the same problem I'm going to try the 2x and 4x trick)
Old 11-18-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Media, media media. There are whole forums out there on the net discussing the subject, but what I've learned is make sure you are purchasing media made in Japan and not Korea or other places. I have had more CD-R's than regular CD's in my car and have never had a problem. I use Japanese Memorex or Tayo Yuden (sp?).
Dan
Old 11-18-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Yep, Dan is 100% correct. Cheep CDR's will bite you in the *** every time. The same goes with DVD media. As I understand it, Maxell is fairly good quality disks made in Japan and can be had just about anywhere on the retail level.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Teching In

SIGH!

Try a different color disk! You all make it sound so difficult

If you are using silver colored disks switch to Gold -- Gold usually works better anyway. I have never ever had a problem with where the disk was made or the speed it was burned - but color ALWAYS has an effect the outcome.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

heh... one track on my burned CD skips and then slows down.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Teching In

definately try using a diff media... i use TDK or Sony CDr's.... i used to have the same problem cause i was using circuit city brand cds... not anymore

Quick Reply: GTO and CDR's