Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Aftermarket Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Hoods

Hello everyone....I know i have no pics yet of me w/ my car! Anyways, I need to know where i can find a specific hood, it is on the ls7gto website and the car is orange and is at the top of the website page. Does anyone know where i can find this, however, I really like the banshee hood by that pfyc place....thats nice my only concern with that hood is is that I have the barbados blue color on my gto and i don't want the hood scoops to be too overwhelming. Can someone give me some guidence?

thanks
kjanks
Old 01-25-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it's the RK Sport hood.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:15 PM
10 Second Club

The hood that is on the LS7 GTO is a one of hood that was made specifically for that concept car. People have been talking about making one but no one has been able to make one good enough to be sold on the open market. Same thing with the wide body kit of the concept car. Your options for hoods all look about the same as the old 68-70 GTO's with suble differences for each such as heat extractors or finned vents. The only truely different hood is the SLP hood which has the scoops in the front of the hood much as the 71-72 GTO did.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

GTO, aren't you BGG over on LS1GTO?

I'd counter your statement that all the hoods but SLPs look like the old hoods by saying that mine (PFYC Banshee) certainly does NOT look like the hoods of yore (and I am thankful for that). It's also far more aggressive than the 05 hood (and I am thankful for that as well).

Old 01-25-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by phobos512
GTO, aren't you BGG over on LS1GTO?

I'd counter your statement that all the hoods but SLPs look like the old hoods by saying that mine (PFYC Banshee) certainly does NOT look like the hoods of yore (and I am thankful for that). It's also far more aggressive than the 05 hood (and I am thankful for that as well).

You are correct sir, I am who you say I am and I am sorry to group all of the hoods into one category. I was just pointing out that they all went along the same lines of having the dual hood scoops raised off of the hood vs. SLP's hood which has the twin scoops blended into the hood. Slits vs scoops, that's all.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:38 AM
Staging Lane

ok, so the banshee hood.....will that look good with my color on my car? and is the hood functional?
Old 01-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Kjanks
ok, so the banshee hood.....will that look good with my color on my car? and is the hood functional?
You can of course get the hood painted, and it comes in CF or Fiberglass. It is functional - it blows air into the vent in the radiator cover on the front driver's side of the car such that it will work with a stock intake.

It may not work with an 05 (for functionality I mean, will physically fit though) because I know the radiator cover is different and am not sure where venting is in it.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

would i be able to get an 05 hood....or do you think i should stick with the banshee
i love the luvers that is so sharp!
Old 01-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

I'm so not into the white screens on the air inlets tho. can those be replaced?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Hoods