Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

200rwhp increase w/ATI Procharger, stock '04 GTO A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 200rwhp increase w/ATI Procharger, stock '04 GTO A4

Hats off to STPerformance in Savannah, GA for their excellent tuning. I made huge improvements with just a swap from the standard 7 psi pulley to a 9 psi (at 6000 rpm) pulley and a dyno tune.

Here's a link to my first dyno pull, only put down 375 RWHP.

Dyno 11-20-05

Here are my scans of todays dyno results. I'll let the pictures tell the story. Needless to say I am extremely happy. :bubbrub

Last edited by John Millican; 03-31-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:25 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope I dont believe it...
Take it to a dynojet,lock the verter and redyno it...
Old 12-18-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

No way....That dyno graph looks awefully fishy to me. Why doesn't it cross at 5250?

No stock A4 GTO has ever made even close to that on 9 PSI....
Old 12-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Kenny H
No way....That dyno graph looks awefully fishy to me. Why doesn't it cross at 5250?

What's fishy about it? The reason the lines don't cross is that the horsepower and tq scales are different on each side. If they were scaled the same the lines would cross at 5250.

The above dyno sheets are a scan of the orginals, no messing around there. Remember that different dynos can vary as much as 30rwhp on the same car. Saying this That means I am still making 460rwhp worst case. I am very happy, the car is amazing now I'll tell you.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

NOT too incredible to believe... really ... It is "doable" it is only a dyno number.

The number don't cross @ 5252 because the HP and Tq curves are on different scales ... look @ left and right verticle columns. If the scales were the same the curves would cross @ 5252

I have got a 8 psi STS stock LS1 to 468 rwhp without an intercooler, water/methanol/alcohol injection or any kind of exhaust work.

Wait fro some track times/trap speeds ... dyno numbers are just good for before and after comparisons
Old 12-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oxidizr

Wait fro some track times/trap speeds ... dyno numbers are just good for before and after comparisons
Exactly, that's why I posted my numbers on a totally stock GTO. We all know the '04 GTO A4 usually puts down around 270-280rwhp so my gain is very good. The car is mad to drive now.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:53 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Rich the car that put down 468 was it an AUTO or 6SP
John is claiming 490 threw and A4,Sorry buddy but it aint happening...

Put it on a dynojet and then will see what it makes,other wise it better trap serious MPH....I Dont want other to think there going to gain this much power by bolting on a blower in an A4....I say its more like 430RW but what do I know I only built 2 10 SEC F-cars
Old 12-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JS
.....John is claiming 490 threw and A4,Sorry buddy but it aint happening......
And why not? I have the dyno slips to prove it. Keep in mind I am at sea level in Savannah, GA and the air was cool and dry (64°F with 33% humidity).

I bought my procharger from Bob at EPP (exotic performance plus) in Indiana. He has performed many ATI installs with dyno tune. Here's a '04 GTO with only the procharger and a set of LT's. That car put down 450rwhp on a MUSTANG dyno. Here's the link:
'04 GTO 450rwhp dyno
DynoJets read as much as 50hp higher then a Mustang. The Dyno Dynamics dyno I was tuned on was calibrated to DynoJet specs.

Last edited by John Millican; 12-18-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it made the power, great. I just don't see it happening, not on a 100% stock A4 GTO....

That car will run 123 MPH at full weight....
Old 12-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

If it made the power, great. I just don't see it happening, not on a 100% stock A4 GTO....

So you're saying I made it up?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

I agree... hope you're running a good intercooler if you're telling the truth along with some meth spray or *If you're really putting those numbers down* your engine's gonna say bye bye to you soon.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GTObsessor
I agree... hope you're running a good intercooler if you're telling the truth along with some meth spray or *If you're really putting those numbers down* your engine's gonna say bye bye to you soon.

I guess you GTO guys don't know what the Procharger kit is all about. You CAN'T buy a Procharger for the GTO without getting a very large front-mount intercooler included, all their GTO kits have it. It does a wonderfull job also, my IAT's were only 30°F above ambient (measured at the TB).

Working out the spark and fuel really brought the numbers up on the dyno. We were shooting for 18° at WOT and almost made it there. Leaning out the fuel VERY slowly from 9.5/1 (factory tune) to the final 11.4/1 along with the spark did the trick. I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there myself. The folks here at ST-Performance know their stuff when it comes to tuning.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Damn, on every forum people are fronting this guy like he is tryin to "pull one over" on everyone. Everyone said his first dyno run was too low, now there saying his current one is too high. Just be happy for him, jeez. Anyways, Im impressed and I wont throw a bs flag because I feel he has no reason to bs, so with that said, awesome numbers! I cant wait till I get my Procharger soon
Old 12-18-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

I don't see this as being that much of a stretch. LS1 F-Body guys have been getting similar results from ATI Pro-Chargers for years now.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:58 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold John his ATI ProCharger kit. John's final numbers are very typical with what can be had with the ATI ProChargers, as has already been mentioned. John's initial forced induction numbers were indeed very low, due to the tune being waaay too fat. Bob
Old 12-19-2005, 07:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I sold John his ATI ProCharger kit. John's final numbers are very typical with what can be had with the ATI ProChargers, as has already been mentioned. John's initial forced induction numbers were indeed very low, due to the tune being waaay too fat. Bob
Yeah I really like the Pro-Chargers. I was even impressed with what the ATI Pro-Charger did to a stock L98 equipped F-Body.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:06 AM
JS
10 Second Club

490RW is 515RW threw a 6sp
Show me at least 5 other 515RW 6sp STOCK PROCHARGER DYNO SHEETS BOB

Then I'll believe it,further more show me 5 more A4's STOCK that dyno 490RW
I'm waiting....
Old 12-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Bob uses a Mustang dyno so no way will a stock LS1 with a procharger pull those numbers. Mustang dynos read much lower then dynojets.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:37 AM
JS
10 Second Club

And does the dyno u used probably reads higher...
I say it does,I know your cars making great power but that kind of power,maybe but I'd love to see u at least put it on a dynojet...John I'm not taking anything away from your results,U wanted a maggie at first but I think now your happy u went Procharger...U made me a believer as I'm getting the ATI..

Did u go D1 John or P1 and when do u see boost start to hit?
Get that baby to the track,I'm as excited as u are to see how it runs
Old 12-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JS
And does the dyno u used probably reads higher...
I say it does,I know your cars making great power but that kind of power,maybe but I'd love to see u at least put it on a dynojet...John I'm not taking anything away from your results,U wanted a maggie at first but I think now your happy u went Procharger...U made me a believer as I'm getting the ATI..

Did u go D1 John or P1 and when do u see boost start to hit?
Get that baby to the track,I'm as excited as u are to see how it runs
The dyno here does read higher then a Mustang dyno, I've said that before. I can promise you on a Mustang I would only be about 450rwhp. That's a guarantee.

I did want a maggie at first, too expensive though compared to the ATI.

I bought the P1, maybe I should have ordered a D1 for future but I didn't plan on buying an expensive fluidamper balancer. I have one now because I don't like the way ATI's crank pulley mates to the stock balancer.

At part throttle boost will start to climb at 2300rpm with my current pulley. Before it didn't start till 3000 rpm.

At full throttle boost builds almost right away, maybe 1800 rpm.

Quick Reply: 200rwhp increase w/ATI Procharger, stock '04 GTO A4