32.48%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

P1sc Procharger, Single Turbo, Or Sts

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1sc Procharger, Single Turbo, Or Sts

wuz up guys, i got a 2006 A4 gto, i was wanting to know yalls thoughts on which way i should go in the future. i want to know if i should go with either a p1sc procharger, single turdo kit, or sts rear mount. im not sure which one would be best. im not looking to do a lot of motor mods as for as heads and other big things. maybe a cam and port and polish my stock heads and dual springs, better rods. other than that i got the bassics. so let me know some ideas of the three thoughts of forced induction.

thanks,
bud
Old 03-09-2007, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

This is my choice in order of my liking...
1st. Single Turbo
2nd. STS kit
3rd. Procharger

hands down a turbo is going to make more power, be more efficent and be easier to drive in changing weather conditions. Hnce your out at the mall with your girl buying some motion lotion and it starts pouring the rain. reach up to your handy boost controller and turn that bad boy down to your lowest setting which can be as low as 4psi and drive it home with peace of mind and not worrying about killing yourself in a 500rwhp monster. But then of course the turbo side of things becomes a little more expensive than the S/C options, hence why some people pot for the procharger. its not going to make as much power, but it will still make the car a whole new animal. I just prefer a big single turbo under the hood, the STS kit is fine but if some little bastered with a sawz-all gets greedy he can take that Turbo in just a minute or 2...

76-82mm Powermaster turbo under the hood with a a/r of around .90 and you will be a really happy camper. toss ina manual boost controller and it makes it a really fun car, you can drive it at all different power levels.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Teh Wicked
This is my choice in order of my liking...
1st. Single Turbo
2nd. STS kit
3rd. Procharger

hands down a turbo is going to make more power, be more efficent and be easier to drive in changing weather conditions. Hnce your out at the mall with your girl buying some motion lotion and it starts pouring the rain. reach up to your handy boost controller and turn that bad boy down to your lowest setting which can be as low as 4psi and drive it home with peace of mind and not worrying about killing yourself in a 500rwhp monster. But then of course the turbo side of things becomes a little more expensive than the S/C options, hence why some people pot for the procharger. its not going to make as much power, but it will still make the car a whole new animal. I just prefer a big single turbo under the hood, the STS kit is fine but if some little bastered with a sawz-all gets greedy he can take that Turbo in just a minute or 2...

76-82mm Powermaster turbo under the hood with a a/r of around .90 and you will be a really happy camper. toss ina manual boost controller and it makes it a really fun car, you can drive it at all different power levels.
thanks ive never really looked at it that way. and to tell u the truth the procharger dit and the turbo r bout the same, both estmated 6000. i found the turbo at ohio forced induction, its off the side of the ls1tech page.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

The turbo is going to come out more expensive on the big end, they require a little more tuning and attention while installing. not too mention that price is probably a base kit with no features to allow for flexability. upgrade the boost controller and throw ina big nicer turbo and your talking a $7800 price tag, but that is going to be a kit good to about 750rwhp too!!!

nothing wrong with the procharger, but if im going to spend that kind of cake on a power adder its going to be a whislting loud annoying sucking beast of a turbo and make at least 550+rwhp.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

The turbo is going to come out more expensive on the big end, they require a little more tuning and attention while installing. not too mention that price is probably a base kit with no features to allow for flexability. upgrade the boost controller and throw ina big nicer turbo and your talking a $7800 price tag, but that is going to be a kit good to about 750rwhp too!!!

nothing wrong with the procharger, but if im going to spend that kind of cake on a power adder its going to be a whislting loud annoying sucking beast of a turbo and make at least 550+rwhp.
this is what the turbo kit includes i found for just under $6000.

1 3/4 Tubular Headers
T-76GTS (Garrett) Precision Turbo
2 1/2" Crossover Pipe
3" Downpipe
SS V-band Clamps
4-Ply Silicone
T-Clamps
Custom 3 1/2 Aluminum Radiator
Tial 50mm BOV
Tial 44mm WG
Oil Return Lines

Air to Air Includes
3" Air to Air Intercooler
Old 03-10-2007, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Trust me, the Turbo is going to come out more on the big end...But a much better "feel" than a ATI kit will be. Like I said before they are both great kits and will turn your fun car into a whole new awesome car!

If money wasnt a cost, I would go for the APS twin turbo kit and watch 500rwhp be my daily driven play car. add on a good boost controller and a few other little odss and ends and you will have a extreamly nice kit and alot cheap than any kit you could ever build for that price. the fitment will be top notch and be like a custom installed kit.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:04 AM
On The Tree

Trust me, the Turbo is going to come out more on the big end...But a much better "feel" than a ATI kit will be. Like I said before they are both great kits and will turn your fun car into a whole new awesome car!

If money wasnt a cost, I would go for the APS twin turbo kit and watch 500rwhp be my daily driven play car. add on a good boost controller and a few other little odss and ends and you will have a extreamly nice kit and alot cheap than any kit you could ever build for that price. the fitment will be top notch and be like a custom installed kit.
the one thing is is im not planing on doing much to the motor, like i said port polish, springs, push rods, intake and cam. thats all as for as motor work.
i dont think i want the tt cuz im not doing that much work to the motor, plus i know tt is awsome and all but to much is to much abd that tt is to much for a gto. i dont want a drag car so iim out on the tt. and 6200 is bout all ima pay for anything as for as forced induction
Old 03-11-2007, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Do all the other things your mentioning first and then boost it. the mods you have mentioned will have you near 450rwhp in N/A form. boost it and it going to be a monster!!!

but with a budget of $6200 just go with a ATI kit, the any decent turbo kit is going to be out of that range. THe APS kit is hella nice and is awesome on near any goat, but like I said its out of your budget. Go blower...
Old 03-11-2007, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Do all the other things your mentioning first and then boost it. the mods you have mentioned will have you near 450rwhp in N/A form. boost it and it going to be a monster!!!

but with a budget of $6200 just go with a ATI kit, the any decent turbo kit is going to be out of that range. THe APS kit is hella nice and is awesome on near any goat, but like I said its out of your budget. Go blower...
im pretty much deciding p1sc for me guys. i relly like the superchargers over the turbos.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Thats because you havent drove a Turbo car yet....
Old 03-12-2007, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Thats because you havent drove a Turbo car yet....
ur right but for some reason a supercharger to me is what a real muscle car should have unless!! its twin turbo, i think the ricers should keep there lil turbos to themselves, u can get mad at what i said or agree, everyone has there own opinion bout everything.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

trust me BUd you will have alot more into the turbo in the long run , but will love it more!!!! taske it from me, this kit is causting me alot with extras, i would not be able to afford it if it wasnt for the great deal aps gave us........maggie or TT thats my opnion
Old 03-13-2007, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by firefly9r68
trust me BUd you will have alot more into the turbo in the long run , but will love it more!!!! taske it from me, this kit is causting me alot with extras, i would not be able to afford it if it wasnt for the great deal aps gave us........maggie or TT thats my opnion
like i said on ls1gto.com. i dont know, ive got plenty of time to think bout it.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

single turbo all the way. cant beat the sound, performance but yes it is a lil pricey. but doesnt all 4 digit hp numbers get pricey at some point?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get a small turbo big enough to boost at least 25psi. that way it spools up quick like a supercharger so u can get the best of both worlds, low end power and top end rubber ripping power
Old 03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

APS twins.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Turbo-then Procharger-----don't like sts at all.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

This is why I like Mustangs, I can build a Turbo kit for my 03 Gt for right around $2500 and that is with a brand new turbo, wastegate, BOV, and intercooler.

anyways, go with what is in your price range. it doesnt matter about anything else really but in the end the price is what gets everyone. any kit you buy will make a completely different car, but the price is the limiting factor.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Launching!

used prochargers for sale on ls1gto.com

i went with a sts cuz i wanted a turbo and did want to mess with all the xtra's for the twin setup......to each his own
Old 04-01-2007, 07:50 AM
On The Tree

for my daily drive.. i love the S/C... the magna is giving me nice power and great sound... but i need to have a Turbo for the TOP END...

Last edited by Meego; 04-08-2007 at 03:56 AM.

Quick Reply: P1sc Procharger, Single Turbo, Or Sts