Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hoosier R6's for $500???

Is this a great deal or what?!!?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...r-r6s-etc.html

Git er done and go racing!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. R6's (like A6's only worse/exaggerated) heat cycle out before they actually 'wear' out. For what, a couple hundred more (if that?) you can get them brand new.

DO NOT HEAT CYCLE A SET OF A6/R6 for road courses. Auto-x may be different, but both tires are fastest when they still have a sticker on fresh rubber

EDIT: just realized I need to learn to read better. For 500..that's not bad, find out what shipping will be though
Old 06-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
No. R6's (like A6's only worse/exaggerated) heat cycle out before they actually 'wear' out. For what, a couple hundred more (if that?) you can get them brand new.

DO NOT HEAT CYCLE A SET OF A6/R6 for road courses. Auto-x may be different, but both tires are fastest when they still have a sticker on fresh rubber

EDIT: just realized I need to learn to read better. For 500..that's not bad, find out what shipping will be though
First, I appreciate the input...because afterall...I did ask!

Second, I COMPLETELY disagree with your opinion on the value of heat-cycling. I have been doing this for almost 150 years (it feels like it sometimes) and a "properly" heat-cycled tire will out last a tire that someone just throws on and abuses it at the track from day one...guaranteed!

Finally, at $280 EACH plus shipping/tax from the Tirerack...I'm quite certain this is a serios deal for anyone that uses these tires or wants to try them. These are not "scrubs" that are only going to last one track day...these are good for a few weekends depending on the car and how you drive. $500 for the full set...I wish I was lucky enough to pay that when I needed them.

It's all good...

Robert
Old 06-15-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

I race a 2002 Corvette Z06 with SCCA in Touring 1. I race on Hoosier A6s 315/30/18 and have tested on R6s...I fully understand the theory behind heat cycling tires and do it with tires I use on my Formula Ford, but with the Hoosier A6s and R6, they are the fastest they will ever be in there very 1st session on track. After that, they start heat cycling out rather quickly (the R's faster than the As).

Also I just realized you were selling them and not looking to buy them, feel free to have any of my posts deleted
Old 06-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
I race a 2002 Corvette Z06 with SCCA in Touring 1. I race on Hoosier A6s 315/30/18 and have tested on R6s...I fully understand the theory behind heat cycling tires and do it with tires I use on my Formula Ford, but with the Hoosier A6s and R6, they are the fastest they will ever be in there very 1st session on track. After that, they start heat cycling out rather quickly (the R's faster than the As).

Also I just realized you were selling them and not looking to buy them, feel free to have any of my posts deleted
I will agree they are "faster" as you described...right off the shelf. My opnion that they will last much longer when heat-cycled properly still stands. These would be great tires for someone running HPDE stuff and looking to go quite a bit faster than radials.

No worries on having your posts deleted...I have no issues with your input at all and still feel they are price exceptionally well considering what they cost new and what they still have to offer someone as used.

Take care,

Robert
Old 06-15-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stealthjr
I still feel they are price exceptionally well considering what they cost new and what they still have to offer someone as used.

Take care,

Robert
Agreed

Good luck with the sale
Old 06-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Teching In

You've got email Stealth
Old 06-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry for the delay everyone...been on vacation.

These tires are sold and long gone...thanks!

Robert