Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Drift Event

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drift Event

Hey guys,

I was talking to a great guy at Hyperfest this weekend (Hyper-Fest.com) reguarding renting the Shenadoah circuit at Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia for a drifting practice 101.

So far Summit has not rented just one track out since they enjoy renting the entire track out for 7k a day, but we have gotten them into talking about renting just one track out to a group for a day. So far we have 15 people from various drifting boards as well as 4 from my group. (all domestic from my group).

The rental would be on a weekday so the price would be cheaper per car. Is there anyone here (without a solid date in mind) that would be willing to guarantee at least interest in running your car? If you don't want to drift, you can always zip around the track in your own style. It's a LOT of fun and if you want to learn how to control your car sideways on a really challenging track, we'll have instructors on hand.

Let me know guys! PM me or post here to discuss. If we get enough interested parties we may be able to set up an normal rent time with Summit monthly which is very rare to accomplish.

Joe
Old 07-12-2006, 07:41 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Summit Point is a nice track.
Can't say I'm into the drifting thing however. Still taking the turns with nose pointed forward. In fact, I still can't fathom why people waste their resources for the ice dancing of motorsports (purposefully drifting).
Old 07-12-2006, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Although it IS cool to watch/do, I too have a problem with anything that is subjectively judged (but then again, I don't even get bracket racing, I think everything should be "heads up") I did not think there were any f bodies involved. Uber cool that you represent us!!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Default Interested!

I would be interested.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this going to be a Drift Day event? Either way I would be interested in getting back into some drifting in the near future...if the price is right.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Although it IS cool to watch/do, I too have a problem with anything that is subjectively judged (but then again, I don't even get bracket racing, I think everything should be "heads up") I did not think there were any f bodies involved. Uber cool that you represent us!!
Their is a 69' camaro in hot rod, that professionally drifts and kicks ***. Also there was an elcamino, dodge viper, a few new mustangs, and a gto that i saw on tv, and they dominated.

I'm not much interested in drifting, i just think of it as something to screw around and have fun on, not competition. but good luck
Old 08-05-2006, 04:07 PM
v-8
On The Tree

ID RATHER NOT SHOOT A CONNECTING ROD OUTA THE SIDE OF THE BLOCK DRIFTING...
Old 08-10-2006, 05:15 PM
dug
Banned

Does this count.

Last edited by dug; 08-10-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:55 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Alittle OT

Wild willie in his A/A. I can't tell in that picture but he usually does that with one hand on the steering wheel and one hand on the door sill.