Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 02:49 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Gigliotti and LG Motorsports join ALMS Series in GT2 Corvettes

http://www.trackbytes.com/main/2007/...2-corvett.html

Gigliotti and LG Motorsports join ALMS Series in GT2 Corvettes
Posted on 10.5.2007 in Team News • ALMS

Photo by John Thawley Braselton Georgia (October 5, 2007): Lou Gigliotti, 3 time World Challenge Champion, and LGM Motorsports of Dallas Texas announced that they will be fielding a two car team of Chevrolet Corvette C6s in the GT2 Classification in the American Le Mans Series beginning in 2008.

“This is an exciting time for our team as we are anxious to step up and compete with the best road racing has to offer in the American LeMans Series,” said Lou Gigliotti. “We realize that it will take a great effort to compete against the great teams that run Ferraris, Porsches and Panoz cars in GT2 but I feel that we are up to the challenge.”

The Corvettes are being built by Riley Technologies and will be powered by CRD built Chevrolet engines. The cars are in the process of gaining ACO homologation in GT2.

“Riley Technologies has been involved in successful efforts in many types of cars and Riley cars are the current champions in the Daytona Prototype class,” Gigliotti said. “We feel honored to be associated with Riley Technologies as we move forward into the ALMS GT2 series.”

The engine program will be handled by CRD engines in Concord, NC which is also the engine supplier for the current Daytona Prototype champions. CRD built the engines for Gigliotti’s Trans Am Series race wins as well as many other racing successes that Gigliotti and LG Motorsports has enjoyed.

At this juncture Lou Gigliotti and Doug Peterson, of 3 Dimensional Services (a Michigan based Rapid Prototyping Firm using 3 dimensional design technology) have been named as drivers. Negotiations are underway to fill the other available seats and the driver line up should be announced soon. The effort will include 4 regular drivers and two more world class drivers for the longer races.

“I believe that GM and Chevrolet have developed an interest in seeing the Corvette compete in the very tough GT2 competition and I believe that our team can make Corvette a competitive package!”

From Gigliotti’s point of view, “Corvettes are our business and our passion. We have been racing Corvettes since the 1988 Corvette Challenge series with only a couple of years out of Chevrolet race cars. So we plan on continuing the tradition of Corvette racing and we hope to carry the banner with pride.”

LG Motorsports is one of America’s leading Corvette performance tuners and aftermarket parts suppliers, shipping world wide. Go to www.LGMotorsports.com for more information about their parts or racing. And go to www.lgmracing.com to download in car video footage of many LG Motorsports races.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will be cool to see him banging fenders with the F430GTs and GT3 RSR "bugs".

I almost feel sorry for the foreign teams.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

to the top
Old 11-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Launching!

and may be Le Mans
Old 11-02-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

..Exxxcellent.............
Old 11-02-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

one more thing to look forward to in sebring
between LG showing up with vettes and the pending debut of the peugot prototype, this coudl be one of the best seasons of endurance racing in many years
Old 11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

I plan on heading to Sebring, St. Pete, and Road Atlanta again this year. I look forward to this season greatly...I can't stand when the season is over!!! haha

Anyways, I don't know how they are going to race in GT2 with the C6.R racing in GT1. I assume they will be using the Z06R that's raced in FIA GT3. I didn't understand why Lou sold his World Challenge Vette when they appear to be a fairly easy swap over to ALMS GT2, as seen with the Viper. I think he may pull a rabbit out of his hat, though. Corvettes racing in GT2 will distract me from the Risi Ferrari's and the Flying Lizzard team. I can't wait for this season.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Teching In

I think that the wheelbase requirments are a bit different between GT1, GT2, and the speed GT racers. Not to mention the fact that I am sure Riley has some pretty serious tricks up their sleeves that maybe LG hasnt had a chance to explore. But, I am excited to head to Infineon and Leguna Seca to see some great ALMS races.