Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

468CI Bigblock Chev for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 468CI Bigblock Chev for sale

John - There is a rule on this site that you must have at least 50 post in technical sections or have been a member for over 6 months before you can sell anything. For more info check this thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207297

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 02-21-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you say that motor cost you $18,000!!! to build??? sounds like an awful lot for non exotic pieces. is the block stock? heads ported? i know a lot of shops that can build a motor like that for far less, or use far better components for that price. my boss is in the market for a good BBC, but the price for those components needs to come down a bit. what's the best you can do? and where are you out of? got any pics and a dyno sheet? you neglected to mention what kind of power it's making.

Dave
Old 02-20-2005, 06:18 PM
7 Second Club

I'm also curious on this claim of a 4,000 pound car to 5.60s in the 1/8-mile?? A buddy of mine is running a combo similar to yours but with a single plane intake, holley 950 carb, and solid roller cam, but no geardrive. In a 3400 lb car runs 6.60s in the 1/8-mile, and it cost less than $18,000 to build. Plus that cam would probably only turn to about 6,500 rpm max for power. Are you spraying this??

Derek
Old 02-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
you say that motor cost you $18,000!!! to build??? sounds like an awful lot for non exotic pieces. is the block stock? heads ported? i know a lot of shops that can build a motor like that for far less, or use far better components for that price. my boss is in the market for a good BBC, but the price for those components needs to come down a bit. what's the best you can do? and where are you out of? got any pics and a dyno sheet? you neglected to mention what kind of power it's making.

Dave

well, no dyno sheets as I have never had it on a dyno.. as far as what its got... you go price it out with machine work and tell me what you come up with.. I am not here to tell stories, I just wanna unload my pride and joy. I am out of Victoria B.C. the motor / car has been a project for the past few years, and now I am going to buy a newer diesel truck.. so if you are interested in what you see, then make me a reasonable offer. please don't insult me with a lowball offer as I am quite aware of the costs of these things. the machine work was done at a well known shop on our island, and all said and done machine work alone cost about $2500 - $3000 (can't remember exactly now. Got lots of pics... but other computer is screwed right now, and they are all on that one. if you go to www.vifbody.ca and have a look in the forum there you will see my postings and my tag has a small pic of the motor in it. please feel free to email me, as I rarely check this site for messages..
Old 02-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Villain281H
I'm also curious on this claim of a 4,000 pound car to 5.60s in the 1/8-mile?? A buddy of mine is running a combo similar to yours but with a single plane intake, holley 950 carb, and solid roller cam, but no geardrive. In a 3400 lb car runs 6.60s in the 1/8-mile, and it cost less than $18,000 to build. Plus that cam would probably only turn to about 6,500 rpm max for power. Are you spraying this??

Derek
Well the 1/8 5.62 I have a sheet here for somewhere. The car is a 1978 Camaro, roughly about 4000lbs... street tires it did 5.62 (spinning them for half track tho). 4.10 gears, 3500 stall. the cam is good for about 6500, but with that much carb it doesn't have a problem going a little more. As I mentioned the shop that did the machine work balanced it within 1/2 gram, all rods pistons, and crank. He said it would be safe to 10,000rpm with the appropriate Cam etc.. to take it that high.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Don't forget everyone I am speaking in Canadian dollars here... remember we payed way more when the exchange rate was bad for us. (which is when I bought all this).

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 02-21-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

I'd guess about 700hp, just to be generous. I'm also a bit skeptical on that time....

And when they said 6500 rpm max, they meant valve float. Remember you do have a hydraulic cam.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pwr2w8
I'd guess about 700hp, just to be generous. I'm also a bit skeptical on that time....

And when they said 6500 rpm max, they meant valve float. Remember you do have a hydraulic cam.
I always guessed at least 600hp.. and no valve float..big springs...be scheptical.. (don't know why, thats not really that fast....) but I have the print out. anyways, if you are interested make an offer..
Old 02-21-2005, 05:34 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigblock468
I always guessed at least 600hp.. and no valve float..big springs...be scheptical.. (don't know why, thats not really that fast....) but I have the print out. anyways, if you are interested make an offer..

ok. there may be an exchange rate/ difference in the value of a dollar here vs. Canada. but there is no exchange rate for 1/4 mile times! you are either trying to scam somebody who doesn't know jack about cars and motors, or you've made a terrible mistake coming on this board and claiming to have what you say you do. 5.62..."isn't really that fast"?!?!?!?!??! not only is that fast when your car is hooking...........8 sec. 1/4 mile.......your's was "spinning to half track on street tires".......that's gotta equate to a 7 sec. 1/4 mile in optimal conditions which any idiot knows ain't gonna happer with 600-700hp in a 4000lb. car, which i don't really see your car making over 650hp at the flywheel. especially with your parts list. so what's the real story, before i link this to the rest of the board to take a look at and shoot you down??? if you're b.s.'n us, you're not anymore! if it's an honest mistake......BIG typo, i appologize, if not.........well, i said what i'd do already.

Dave
Old 02-21-2005, 07:10 AM
7 Second Club

yep, i'm waving the flag as well. Like I posted above, similar motor specs except for less cam in your combo with MORE WEIGHT, and you're running a second quicker in the 1/8-mile?? Not trying to bash, but I'm wavering on the claim.

Plus a 78 Camaro doesn't weigh 4,000 pounds unless you have a mild steel cage with no weight loss from stock.

Derek
Old 02-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Well sorry guys, I am sticking to my story... I was in my car, and did the time and have the slip to prove it here somewhere... they made me race pro-stock when I entered the street car shootout, cause my car was faster than 6sec.. I am not a drag racer, I have been to the track a total of 3 times in my life.. to race that is... anyways, as I mentioned b4, you see the list of parts, you see what I am asking.. if you are interested, make me an offer... as far as anything else goes, I have not time to try to convince you to believe me.
Do you guys have nothing better to do with your time than to sit and try to pick/apart everyones stories.. why dont' you just speak on topics that you are considering buying as apposed to speaking on topics that just "dont, look right..." to you. You call western speed way and find out if there is a problem with their clock or something, if you don't believe me... I refuse to argue with you anymore about it. Parts are what you see, aubviously you are not interested in buying, so end of conversation.

Old 02-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Chear... Clap.... Give the man a cookie... Cage yes, no weight loss from stock yes... very good....

Originally Posted by Villain281H
yep, i'm waving the flag as well. Like I posted above, similar motor specs except for less cam in your combo with MORE WEIGHT, and you're running a second quicker in the 1/8-mile?? Not trying to bash, but I'm wavering on the claim.

Plus a 78 Camaro doesn't weigh 4,000 pounds unless you have a mild steel cage with no weight loss from stock.

Derek
Old 02-21-2005, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

What do you mean by "no valve float..big springs..."? You do know how hydraulic lifters work, right??

BTW my guess on 700hp was generous because that peak would come at 7,000 rpm and up, which isn't happening with 2.25 in. valves and a hydraulic roller, unless every piece of the valvetrain is made of titanium, which I doubt because you would have mentioned that already.

Like PRAY HRD said,those times would equal with 8 sec. times, and with traction 7 sec. times..... "Not that fast" you say? Well even with 700hp (still being generous) in a 4000lb car you ARE NOT, CAN NOT, AND WILL NOT RUN 7's OR 8's.

You said you have never had it on a dyno, which means you also haven't even had it tuned, and you still expect us to believe it performs like that?

Quit bs'ing us and just admit what it really does because right now you are wasting our time with a scam.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

According to CC the usable rev range on that cam is 3200-6200 rpms ? Honestly there are some BIG question marks about your claims.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:39 PM
9 Second Club

well John, as a noobie, there are many things you have to learn about how this site differs from many others. most of the members, and i mean a big part of the majority, are here to help each other, not just brag. you ARE NOT, CAN NOT, AND WILL NOT convince anyone that your motor and car is anywhere near capable of producing that kind of power and track times. i don't need to call Western Speedway to ask about their clocks, i know that if that is the time on your slip, it's WRONG!!! and i'm guessing you would lead us to believe that the other 2 times you went to the track your times were similar? you can't bullshit your way to a sale on this motor, at least not on this site. you might as well go to another board because now you have no credibility here, nor will you ever. i am surprised as to how calm your reply to my attack was, but perhaps you thought that would make your story more plausable. i hope you reconsider doing what you are trying to do. scamming someone out of there very hard earned money is down right despicable, and be sure, your sin will find you out. i encourage you to do the right thing and forget about this scam and figure out how to make money in an honest way, by working for it.

Dave
Old 02-21-2005, 06:45 PM
7 Second Club

Do you guys have nothing better to do with your time than to sit and try to pick/apart everyones stories.. why dont' you just speak on topics that you are considering buying as apposed to speaking on topics that just "dont, look right..." to you. You call western speed way and find out if there is a problem with their clock or something, if you don't believe me... I refuse to argue with you anymore about it. Parts are what you see, aubviously you are not interested in buying, so end of conversation.
Because if someone claims something on this board, backing it up (especially if it sounds bogus) is a way to help everyone. The internet is full of scams and wrong information, and not to pick again, but if someone buys this motor and thinks it'll run 8s in a 4,000 lb car, they'll be sorely mistaken! Without any proof (scanned timeslip, dyno figures, etc etc), someone could end up paying for this and get taken IMHO. This board is being used in more than one way to communicate information, and using it for otherwise (bad information or a scam) is not a good thing.

Also, next time post stuff for sale in here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/small-block-big-block-chevy-specific/238986-not-classifieds-forum-post-all-sales-here.html

And I'll take a peanut butter cookie if I can choose
Old 02-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
well John, as a noobie, there are many things you have to learn about how this site differs from many others. most of the members, and i mean a big part of the majority, are here to help each other, not just brag. you ARE NOT, CAN NOT, AND WILL NOT convince anyone that your motor and car is anywhere near capable of producing that kind of power and track times. i don't need to call Western Speedway to ask about their clocks, i know that if that is the time on your slip, it's WRONG!!! and i'm guessing you would lead us to believe that the other 2 times you went to the track your times were similar? you can't bullshit your way to a sale on this motor, at least not on this site. you might as well go to another board because now you have no credibility here, nor will you ever. i am surprised as to how calm your reply to my attack was, but perhaps you thought that would make your story more plausable. i hope you reconsider doing what you are trying to do. scamming someone out of there very hard earned money is down right despicable, and be sure, your sin will find you out. i encourage you to do the right thing and forget about this scam and figure out how to make money in an honest way, by working for it.

Dave
You are so full of yourself that its sick.. you think I am trying to scam you... get real.. I told you what I have for sale, that is what is for sale. I told you the time that was clocked on my car @ Western speedway, that in no way BS, now if you think I am trying to scam anyone out of hard earned money, your crazy..
I really don't care what you think, I know, I was there, and I know the TIME that is on my sheet.. if The track has problems calculating times, then so be it.. (If they do, I am not aware of it).
As far as calm goes (You are trying to get me worked up?), I really have no reason to get mad, as I am confident in my claims. You can be jealous, all you like (Or whatever your problem is),
Again, the list of the items for sale is above, and you are auviously not interested in purchasing it or making an offer.. I DO work hard for my money which is why I have the above mentioned motor. This was not a CHEAP investment, and money doesn't just show up on my door step for free. Whatever your problem is with what I have for sale, keep it to yourself... These boards are not ment for the purpose you have made them into. If you doubt my speeds, then go ahead and doubt them. I have the slips to prove it, to WHOEVER decides to buy the motor... I am not making claims about things I can't backup. You can guess, suspect, and WHINE all you like about ME, but you know... I am not loosing ANY sleep over it. When someone comes to see what I have for sale, then they are more than welcome to question anything they like. As far as my other trips to WS, I have had 3 different motors there and managed to shave a second of my time off with different combinations. I am not/will not/ and never intend to try to SCAM, or LIE about my experiences with this setup, as I would not feel comfortable about selling something to someone on false pretences.
The list is above, take it how you will... and if your going to make an offer, then make it... otherwise...... well you know what you can do... Until then... Well... Whine, complain, and wonder all you wish...Cause I am not listening...This is the last I have to say about any of your useless comments...sooo.....
Have a wonderful day...
Old 02-21-2005, 07:33 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

you are full of **** i have a motor that makes more power with better parts n/a and it only ran 6.60's on motor and went 5.70 on a fairly good nitrous hit. and it was in a 3500lb ladderbar coilover camaro. so you are rediculous my motor is for sale for 5000obo so you are way off the mark.it's a 468 bbc 13.5.1cr, manley alum. rods, manley pistons,
gm steel crank,arp everything,1150 AED dominator, weiand team g single plane, merlin heads 119cc chambers, 2.30 1.88 valves, .282 .294@50 .695 .700 lift, ran 10.48@129 6.67@103in the 1/8 in a 3500 pound camaro ran 6.0@116 in the 1/8 and 9.40 in the 1/4 on a 250. ran 5.70@125 and 8.86@154 on two stages

Last edited by 68maro; 02-22-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Dude you just keep getting ownt over and over and still dont have a clue!
Old 02-21-2005, 10:06 PM
9 Second Club

I really don't care what you think, I know, I was there, and I know the TIME that is on my sheet.. if The track has problems calculating times, then so be it.. (If they do, I am not aware of it).
look man.........

if you have any track experience, or even payed any attention to what vehicles are capable of with X amount of power, and weighs X amount of pounds, YOU would know that your numbers are WAY WAY off! i'm not doubting what you have motor wise, i am simply stating that mathematically speaking, your car can NOT turn that kind of time, period. take your car to another track, or go back again, and you'll find out what the car is actually capable of. if you do a search on my past posts, you'll find out that i am not a confrontational person, and am actually one who will help out any chance i get. so let me help you sell this thing by correcting you and teaching you what it takes to turn that kind of time. the fastest cars on this board are hardly capable of turning a 5.62 1/8 mile ET on their best day, let alone spinning as much as you say you do. if you were actually able to turn those times, you would HAVE to be putting out no less than 1500 H.P.!!! that's not a guess, it's a fact. in the drag racing section, there is a permanant thread, known as a "sticky", containing a thread showing actuall, proven times and mph. here is a link,https://ls1tech.com/forums/etdb.php if you click on it, you'll see what kind of 1/8 mile times and then 1/4 mile times fellow members have turned. can you possibly provide the MPH that you ran? i am very curious how quick you were going. take a look at it and then tell me you still believe your car was that quick..........remember, 1500fwhp minimum @ 4000lbs.

later,
Dave

Quick Reply: 468CI Bigblock Chev for sale