Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Northwest Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol... he took off and I ran his *** down and let off when we got nose to nose...

whenever he wants to run for real, let me know

I won't be getting sideways taking off or manually shifting it next time and bouncing it off the damn rev limiter on the 1-2 shift, lol... forgot I had it in M mode... that isn't the performance mode by any means... that is just the have fun while driving it mode. lol

I had already tried to race him at light number 1 next to the Texaco by K-mart and his *** wouldn't run, and he knew I had wanted to run because I had already goosed it at him to get his attention before the light hit yellow... then he took off at the next light

we'll be going to class on Tuesdays as opposed to Thursdays in 2 weeks... we can even take it to the track

I ran Greg Grissoms old LS1 TA(the pewter one with black wheels) that is supposedly a "factory freak"(as it'll beat any other stock Ls1 Z28, SS, formula, or Trans Am by CAR lengths)... and beat it by car lengths all 3 runs... ran Cortez in his G8 and beat him by multiple car lengths every run... MUCH worse than that TA though, that TAs either got some internal work done or something, because it has the stock airbox, no headers, just a catback is noticeable, but line your stock LS1 up beside it, lol, because word on the street is a certain '11 5.0 couldn't hang with it...so, bring this Lt1 on, it'll be ugly...

I'm not fast by any means, but its going to run 8.50s or so at NAL, hopefully a little faster, its already gone 8.50s through the 1/8th prior to any tuning.... but i've never ran on NAL yet so I am factoring its shitastic state into the equation

i'm looking forward to having Thursdays free for the drag strip as well, been counting down the weeks until our class moves nights, lol

oh yeah and for those not aware, there is now a doublewide right in the middle of 62, between the gravel pit, which now houses a huge *** silo and the tree, aka starting line.... and the owners apparently don't appreciate anyone out there anymore, lol

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; 03-06-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Well the car was my little brother and it's stock and he'll run you again and if you beat him I'll let my lt1 car hurt your feelings And if Greg Grissom and Cortez is what your baseing your car off of then you need to go back to the drawing board cause them cars couldn't pull and grease dick out of Lard bucket lol
Old 03-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Teching In

I would bet the LS1 Greg just sold with the Ms4 cam would have left you at the line, lol... it was a pretty quick car...

and that guy has had some fast car, his Integra trapped 130+(I think 131 to be exact, now it ran in the mid-11s, but on the interstate would school your 10 second car)... but it was 430+whp
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Ok what ever you want to believe that's the problem y'all boys read all these post and threads and think y'all know it all if that car was as bad as you think it is it would have been in the grudge races around here up until a few weeks ago I didn't even know he had a car lol you got a lot to learn in this street racing game. But when ever you ready jus let me know hell my ss ain't ready yet but my dd want have a problem. And you can tell the real racers from the bench racers cause y'all love throwing in the well my buddies cousins freind has a car that'll smoke you lol lmfao
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Teching In

when did I ever say as much? you talked **** about Greg's cars... and i'm pretty sure his 470+whp Z28 he just sold, 430+whp Integra he had, or even 450+whp Starion he used to own would have done more than "bench raced".... I don't know why he won't hang on to a car... he is just one of those people who seems to get bored easily, though he got rear ended in the Integra... all I said about Greg's former TA is that it doesn't run like a stock LS1... it chews them up and you can pop the hood and try to find something out of place... its still out and about and still regularly runs deep in the 8s at NAL, I don't really know the guy who owns it now, that was the 1st time i'd ever hung out with him... but he was a cool enough guy

as far as "bench racing" Greg's Integra it would school 600s... nope, not 600hp cars, 600cc crotch rockets and modern ones at that, not the slow *** ones from the early 2000s, I saw that across Patton Island... a couple of times in one night

now a drag car it never was, I mean mid 11s is nothing to be ashamed of, especially not with fwd, but if you tried to compare a mid-11 second Camaro or Mustang to it.... well, you better keep that race from a dig, because from a roll.... we'd be measuring train lengths

now i'm no advocate of racing from a roll, I think its gay as f***... however, that car would move out... and from 30 to 185, it was a beast... he sold his setup to a kid who had it in a Del Slow.... and last I heard the turbo had blew on it, not surprising... Honda's aren't built to last and I honestly hate imports with a passion, but i'm also not the banjo playing American Flag waving car critic that seems to always visit these forums... if its fast, its fast... end of discussion

i'm a Camaro guy through and through, but for example: new 5.0: fast as ****... pains me to say it, but with a tune and headers they'll EASILY run 11s... that is fast for a $30,000 car that is brand new

like I said, on March 22nd, i'll gladly make a trip to the track(weather permitting), 2 weeks from this Thursday

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; 03-06-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

I jus realized what car you where Talking bout the red Camaro that car might have been pretty quick don't know never seen it run but the ta you was talkin bout was the car i was talking bout
Old 03-06-2012, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

And I wasn't talking **** bout anyones car if was jus saying that deep in the 8s ain't nothing to talking a big game over. I jus but the post bout the formula to stir the pot and was in fun but you took to a whole nother level bringing all kinds of cars and people into it it was jus about your car and the formula damn lol and let me make this clear before you go telling Greg I WAS NOT talking **** about his car or cortez

Last edited by charlie97z28; 03-06-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Teching In

oh, its always fun to stir the pot... and I mean I race for fun, i've lost my fair share of races... that is for damn sure, lol

the drama that street racing brings is why I had rather GO to the track, not a real big fan of 1/8th mile race(especially on a crappy track, lol) but it is local and something to do on a Thursday night... what we need to do is a get a forum wide run to Steel one Friday night, if it hasn't already opened, it will in the next few weeks

for those who haven't been, its only about 2 hours from the Shoals, they start racing at about 9:00 on Friday nights and race until 3:00 a.m. or later... I never stay that late, usually around midnight

i'm sure we'd all get along just fine in the real world, the forums seem to bring out the worst in everyone, lol
Old 03-07-2012, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

That red ms4 camaro probably only made 400rwhp at the most. Had the worst heads on it haha
Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Teching In

I was just guesstimating what other Ms4 camaros make... I only got to see the car run a handfull of times before he sold it, it was ragged to hell and back... cracked dash, busted window, gutted interior... damn thing better have been fast, because it was a POS, lol

I know he had a rocker let loose on it when he was looking to get rid of it...
Old 03-07-2012, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama
I would bet the LS1 Greg just sold with the Ms4 cam would have left you at the line, lol... it was a pretty quick car...

and that guy has had some fast car, his Integra trapped 130+(I think 131 to be exact, now it ran in the mid-11s, but on the interstate would school your 10 second car)... but it was 430+whp
That ms4 car was a piece of **** .... I no cause I pulled the motor out of it. The cam was wore so bad I ended up putting it in the garbage (thought about making a lamp out of it or something) the lifters or the biggest part of what used to be the lifters was mostly caught up in the screen on the pickup tube. The car had .50 to long of pushrods in it for a stock lift cam and the valves stems looked like someone hit them all with a bfh, lastly the valves had made their own Reliefs in the tops of the pistons. Their is no way a car like that could ever run for any period of time. I swapped the motor out for a factory 7.5 ls1 with nothing done to it but 224 camshaft ...... Ohh that and the ss3600 yank the car had from the previous owner. I wouldn't let that guy build me a bird house much less a motor
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Teching In

but it ran solid when he 1st got it... I told him he was stupid in even buying the damn thing, before even seeing the car I told him I bet it was ragged to hell and back... I don't know what Greg paid for it, but I know originally the guy was "asking" $7500.... i'm pretty sure Greg didn't pay more(or much more) than $5k for it......but that was still way too high for the shape it was in...

and yeah pushrods being too long have put a many engines away... a very good friend of mine learned that the hard way about 2 years ago... its why when you let a machine shop give you advice on a build.....you better check the pushrod length yourself as well, lol... $200 parts ruined a $4500 build
Old 03-08-2012, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Lol i saw that poor car once
Old 03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

you might not want to rag on lt1 cars to much,i hurt lots of fealing with my bolt on with spray 97 z28,it wasnt the fastest but i only got got beat twice one car was my brothers stroker car,and the other was a cammed ls1 when we both run on motor.now my ls car was faster but dont forget about the lt cars,john is that ragged out pos is the one crouch has you was telling me to get?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

holly double post batman...................

Last edited by 30th6; 03-08-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: double post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 30th6
you might not want to rag on lt1 cars to much,i hurt lots of fealing with my bolt on with spray 97 z28,it wasnt the fastest but i only got got beat twice one car was my brothers stroker car,and the other was a cammed ls1 when we both run on motor.now my ls car was faster but dont forget about the lt cars,john is that ragged out pos is the one crouch has you was telling me to get?
After the motor swap the car was fine other than a lil rough body. A few good parts were on the car. After the motor wa put in and car was sold the guy that bought it went 7.6s at 247 with no tune on the car
Old 03-08-2012, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

It kills me when people do that. Just wait until you get it tuned
Old 03-10-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think mine will be going back under the knife next week. I MIGHT have to come to the Shoals and clean house!
Old 03-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Teching In

hey are you good friends with the guy that owns that little car lot outside of Athens on Hwy 72? reason I ask is before I bought the Camaro, I was GTO hunting, and he had that white GTO(ls1 car but had the LS2 hood and rear fascia), which even though it had been painted custom by him(but was a LEGIT paint job, he took everything off the car and did it RIGHT), had it been a LS2 I would have bought... the white on a GTO even though it wasn't factory looked awesome... I believe your car was there the day I stopped... in fact, I asked the guy if your car(if its it) was for sale, lol... but he told me it was one of his friends... either way, if that was yours, it by far one of the best looking LS1 TAs i've seen in person, clean as hell

I've seen you around on various forums and figured it was probably your car, I know you detail cars and that one was immaculate that day
Old 03-11-2012, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Good luck prin

Quick Reply: Northwest Alabama