Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Northwest Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 30th6
http://hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/i...?topic=15851.0 check out this 454 lsx ripping out the strongest transfer case you can buy, i want tim camerons job.
No doubt about it, that buggy's nasty but I doubt I will ever pay 100k+ for a buggy to drive up a rock.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6SSPEED
No doubt about it, that buggy's nasty but I doubt I will ever pay 100k+ for a buggy to drive up a rock.
Hell yea!!! I think we should ban Ecke and his climbing rocks shinanigans Last time my vehicle went over rocks was on 247s return road. Thought I was going to beat my fender wells out
Old 02-06-2012, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

If i wanted to go over rocks I'd buy a crop duster.... Much cheaper lol
Old 02-07-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

yall shouldnt knock it before you try it,i agree ill never have a 100k rig,i would if i had the money.the good thing about it is you can have a safe fun reliable rig for 3 to 4k,and its cheap to maintain
Old 02-07-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

does anybody on here have any pull at tva?i took a test a few weeks ago for linemen apprentice.i got a interveiw next week i could use all the help i can get.
cross yals fingers for me.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 30th6
does anybody on here have any pull at tva?i took a test a few weeks ago for linemen apprentice.i got a interveiw next week i could use all the help i can get.
cross yals fingers for me.
If I had the pull i would already be working there hahaha. But I hope you get it.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody wanna get together and do some rac.....oh wait. nevermind. I thought I was in the texas forum. yall dont do that down here.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6SSPEED
Anybody wanna get together and do some rac.....oh wait. nevermind. I thought I was in the texas forum. yall dont do that down here.
True dat
Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

what up guys, Im planning on moving to AL in the next 5months. how are things down here job wise and just normal living? Trying to get some point of views
Old 02-13-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

good jobs are hard to come by,you can make 10-15 a hour pretty easy but 60k a year jobs are a son of a bitch to get,but theres nowhere else id rather live than north al.theres so much to do around here if you are a outside person
Old 02-14-2012, 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

Im tired of winter, the degree im getting i already have checked the pay is same and still 70k plus. I am looking for something until then. The car scene big down there? Im going to be moving into madison/ huntsville area
Old 02-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bizerk1
Im tired of winter, the degree im getting i already have checked the pay is same and still 70k plus. I am looking for something until then. The car scene big down there? Im going to be moving into madison/ huntsville area

Huntsville has an 1/8 mile track and lots of fast cars. HSVRacing.com is the local site, and http://huntsvillecarscene.com covers more shows/cruise in type events.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on your qualification's and or degree, madison/ huntsville area is always hiring and probably pays is better. However i live north west of there in the shoals area. I have driven to Decatur every day fro over 18 years to work. Pay is worth is the drive, cost of living is much lower in the shoals. What profession are looking to get into?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

I am currently a year into my degree, I am getting a associates in networking and bachelors in computer software engineering. I know networking is around 50k a yr job( can range 40-70) depending on experience and companies. The CSE though is the big one, I have a relative that will get me job down their when I get my bachelors at either northbrook or redstone arsenal. I am moving now to get out of this crooked state and get set up down there.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

My wife is worried about all the tornados and what not, are they that often or do they do as bad as the news make it. Obviously the bad ones were bad but, you know what I mean. I know madison does not get hit as often.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Skillet
Huntsville has an 1/8 mile track and lots of fast cars. HSVRacing.com is the local site, and http://huntsvillecarscene.com covers more shows/cruise in type events.
Thanks for the shout out Skillet.
Originally Posted by bizerk1
The car scene big down there? Im going to be moving into madison/ huntsville area
My name is Samir and I own and operate Huntsville Car Scene.com. To give you some idea how big the car scene around here is--I spend 100+hrs a week on the website, including 20+hrs each weekend at events in the peak season. You name it, we have it--on road or off, 2-wheels or 4, all show or all go, there is something for you in this town.

And we've almost gotten to the point our season is year round. The last event for 2011 was deep into November and we still had events in December, January, and February. And our 'cold' weather is highs in the 50s. When the 60s hit, everyone is out riding and driving, even in the dead of winter. Cabin fever hits everyone pretty hard since we only have a few months we can't get out and play.

There's multiple things to do every given Saturday, and even a lot of Sundays. If you're into more 'informal' type events, we have a very large street racing and street drifting scene as well. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I've made it my job to keep my finger on the pulse of what's going on locally, so I can probably give you a good answer.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Samir
Thanks for the shout out Skillet.
You're welcome. He did ask about the car scene and not racing so I figured your site was the best bet. Have you ever thought about expanding state wide? I've got two events coming up that could use some coverage but they aren't in HSV.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Skillet
You're welcome. He did ask about the car scene and not racing so I figured your site was the best bet. Have you ever thought about expanding state wide? I've got two events coming up that could use some coverage but they aren't in HSV.
Covering events just in North Alabama takes too much time. Besides, it's really expensive to hit events that require any type of driving. Fuel is one of the biggest expenses.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

Cool, ill for sure keep it in favs, It seems like scene died a bit at least variety up here. The roads suck up here to, when I went to hunstville last year roads were all nice, there were a couple bad but not like here. 50s is nothing
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Cool. I activated your account this morning, so your login is fully registered now. I saw it come through last night on my phone, but I was dead tired.

I can imagine the winter putting a serious damper on the season up there. Down here, we have to only worry about it getting too hot, which has moved some of the summer events to October. But that only extends our season into at least mid-November. And when it snows, everything shuts down and we have fun like this:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2011-1-10&c=1

The roads here all stay in really great condition. And that speaks highly of the city and state. We have some really nice windy roads literally minutes from your door, and 20 minutes gets you right out into picturesque country where you can just enjoy the road the way God intended. I never realized it, but the roads and area make up a big part of why the scene here is so large. That and the amount of disposable income.

Quick Reply: Northwest Alabama