Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Ready To Sue Shreve Automotive!!!! Need Your Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ready To Sue Shreve Automotive!!!! Need Your Help!!

I GAVE CASH TO A GUY NAMED STEVE FOR PARTS. NOW HE CLAIMS THE PARTS ARE BACK ORDERED! CALLED MANUFACTURER AND THEY SAID THERE HAS BEEN NO ORDER PLACED IN THE PAST 5 MONTHS FROM SHREVE OR STEVE.

HAS ANYONE ELSE GIVEN CASH TO STEVE AT SHREVE AND GOT LEFT HIGH AND DRY?

I APPRECIATE ANY HELP.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got some work done over there before but never had a problem like that (guy did seem cocky though). You should ask him again and then listen you what he tell you, then tell me that you called the manfacturer yourself. I will not go over there anymore but why shreve automotive?
Old 05-31-2008, 06:58 PM

So you had a good experence with them? Not sure the last part of the reply - "why shreve automotive".
Old 05-31-2008, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

This is why I don't mind paying 5-10% more at a reputable shop (Vengeance, etc) versus counting dimes at a lesser place. The service and quality of work can't be matched. And you KNOW you're getting what you pay for.

Good luck man, like the other guy said best you can do is just call again
Old 05-31-2008, 09:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is crazy. since i opened up in kenner i have herd everyone in the f body and mustang community complain about steve from shreve. he screwed alot of people over. not good i even herd some said hes opening up is own dyno shop back off of banebridge and he's blown up more stuff than the taliban from what i herd. i know donnie opened up r&d machine back there in the same area i know hes good people but steve i have herd hes mess alot of people over
Old 06-01-2008, 01:48 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs down

Last edited by lilicedout24; 06-03-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can anyone in thread speak english and use punctuation??????

225-343-9029
Old 06-01-2008, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MADMAN
good one brian
Old 06-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Ditto. Anyone here gradiate grade school?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
this is crazy. since i opened up in kenner i have herd everyone in the f body and mustang community complain about steve from shreve. he screwed alot of people over. not good i even herd some said hes opening up is own dyno shop back off of banebridge and he's blown up more stuff than the taliban from what i herd. i know donnie opened up r&d machine back there in the same area i know hes good people but steve i have herd hes mess alot of people over
Agreeded, Donnie is very good people. He'll help you out anyway he can. I have been spending alot of time over there working on my car and Donnie helps me out alot (which is good since I'm pretty new to the build it yourself thing). When I'm ready to build my next motor I will get Donnie to help me spec it out. I would recommend anyone to go to him for parts or machine work. And from what I can tell Roger really knows his **** to.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:51 PM
10 Second Club

Yes that what i hear about rodger and donnie. Steve was the one everone i've talked to, that they had a problem with. I think if you were to look up R&D machine they could probaly help you out in contacting steve.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by lilicedout24
oh and nick i took my motor apart that you fly cut you miss cut a few pistons but ill take my lick because i race your buddys (stupid on my part) motor is DEAD.do i think you did it to to hurt me well in a way yes and no maybe you just used the wrong head to make cuts like TSP said it just cost me a whole motor rite! oh and a powersteering pump lol
IS this Pete with the yellow and white car? if so read if not disregard
First off this job was done under a totally different company Need For Speed owned by Ray Feaucheaux and has nothing to do with LSXmotorsports. Second i was there when these pistons were being flycutted they were cut to the size valves you specified. The car was dropped off with no intake and was torn down and flycutted by Nick, it was NOT reassembled by Nick. What cc heads were the ones you installed, what head gaskets did you use, you asked him to fly cut the pistons to your specifications. He did not order your combo, your heads or head gaskets so he wouldnt know what caused the problem. He was paid only to cut the pistons to the valve size you specified not to reassemble. The car ran and drove fine even at high rpm's on the dyno, didn't break till you started beating on the car, racing it, am i correct? Whats to say you didnt have a weak spring or break one and a valve hit the piston DID you have the right springs retainers ect., for that cam the MS4? How would he know? Needless to say this was at a totally different company, but having the customer service we have bring it buy and we will help you out anyway we can. You cannot hold anyone responsible for a blown motor that ran fine made dyno passes then blows when you beat on it. Nick is NOT responsible for a blown motor he didnt assemble, how many ARP head bolts were broken during install how many times did it go to the machine shop because of faulty assembly? If you have gears installed in a 10 bolt then put slicks on the car and broke it who is responsible? As for the comment about you racing our friends there is no issue we dont care who you beat or race Travose and Brick have cars that run in the 12's they just hook and go and they can drive, i have seen both cars make passes on the track and neither busted out the 12's

Also what happened at the dyno didnt you blow trans fluid all over and jeff told you to bring the car back for a tune when you had it right? So in other words you made 2 passes and still decided to take the car and race it not knowing, did the car detonate??? Sounds like a incident i stated above, 10 bolt. Who is responsible?

Last edited by stangeater01; 06-02-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Thumbs down

Last edited by lilicedout24; 06-03-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:37 PM

i asked if this was who i said, did ask you to say yes, your cam was told to me by someone on the street wheather it is what i stated i dont know never asked you to say who you were or what your cam is, if this is infact what cam you have which i am not asking it must not be a secrete if 3 people told me just stating some facts. And yes i could tell you what they have all have smaller cams and 373 gears

I called nick and talked to him already. so who ever the **** you are i give a **** less he knows his cuts was bad end of story. and i didnt ask you to say what cam i had. i keeep my combos private. and yes i race against ya buddys do you wanna say what cams and gears they have in they car?keep my name off the ****** net!
Old 06-02-2008, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by stangeater01
i asked if this was who i said, did ask you to say yes, your cam was told to me by someone on the street wheather it is what i stated i dont know never asked you to say who you were or what your cam is, if this is infact what cam you have which i am not asking it must not be a secrete if 3 people told me just stating some facts. And yes i could tell you what they have all have smaller cams and 373 gears

Old 06-02-2008, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Ok pete first by you making threatning comments its not going to get you anywear. I did not say i was giving you a short block. I said i would talk it over with my business partner. Now if my cuts were the fault of your motor blowing your motor would have never made it past start up and you would have never drove it back and forth from baton rouge. You did not blow your motor until you went to race moe with an un tunned car. Also from the time you picked the car up from my house i told you make sure you check your piston to valve clearance and if anything would have been wrong i would have made sure you had piston to valve clearance. By the way this happened 2 months ago and your just now calling me. I can only go so far but this is on you. threating me and getting stupid with me is going to get you nowear. On a high mileage ls1 by cutting the pistons you are making them weak. You also failed to tell me that you had nitrous on the car have you ever herd of overreving and floating a valve. Happens all the time. i have full backing from texas speed on this issue with your motor. its a high performance apllication and stuff does break.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
Ok pete first by you making threatning comments its not going to get you anywear. I did not say i was giving you a short block. I said i would talk it over with my business partner. Now if my cuts were the fault of your motor blowing your motor would have never made it past start up and you would have never drove it back and forth from baton rouge. You did not blow your motor until you went to race moe with an un tunned car. Also from the time you picked the car up from my house i told you make sure you check your piston to valve clearance and if anything would have been wrong i would have made sure you had piston to valve clearance. By the way this happened 2 months ago and your just now calling me. I can only go so far but this is on you. threating me and getting stupid with me is going to get you nowear. On a high mileage ls1 by cutting the pistons you are making them weak. You also failed to tell me that you had nitrous on the car have you ever herd of overreving and floating a valve. Happens all the time. i have full backing from texas speed on this issue with your motor. its a high performance apllication and stuff does break.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by english2020
I GAVE CASH TO A GUY NAMED STEVE FOR PARTS. NOW HE CLAIMS THE PARTS ARE BACK ORDERED! CALLED MANUFACTURER AND THEY SAID THERE HAS BEEN NO ORDER PLACED IN THE PAST 5 MONTHS FROM SHREVE OR STEVE.

HAS ANYONE ELSE GIVEN CASH TO STEVE AT SHREVE AND GOT LEFT HIGH AND DRY?

I APPRECIATE ANY HELP.
i am sorry bout ya thread man.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok tell u what 1st neva put nos on. 2nd do you know how many motors sits in garrage months before a complete motor is finished.3rd now you then let your lil buddy talk **** in ya head. 4th i neva made any threaths.Now like a man i called you miles motor had 70,000 in that area. and yes a motor wouyld start up with bad cuts. you think i would just call you with out haveing my **** together.i tell you what you can copy this paste this i dont give a ****! i dont want a short block now you can have 1,100 dollars for my 2 morrow i be at ya shop in the morning.nah do you need till friday i can be fair. or you aint got to give me **** have it your way i can take a loss. all you have to do is say it how you want it.
If you dont give a **** about your motor why the hell are you posting??? Also if you dont want your name on the internet WHY THE **** ARE YOU POSTING???????????

225-343-9029
Old 06-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Ya know , I was gonna move this but who doesn't like a good Madman argument ? Fire at will , gentlemen!

Quick Reply: Ready To Sue Shreve Automotive!!!! Need Your Help!!