Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

All the Info On All the Special Edition Cars!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default All the Info On All the Special Edition Cars!!!!!!

Ok so I thought it would be a good idea if we post up everything we know about all the cars. Blackbirds,Comp T/A's, GMMG cars,berger cars,dick harell cars,firehawks,1LE's,CETA's,Camaro 35th LE,mecham cars. the Gold 98's, Purple Metallic cars. All the rare and limited cars. what made them rare. how many were made. what upgrades were done. what packages they offered. I figured this thread would be a good idea for any noob's that haven't been the LSX world long or new to F bodies in General. Just a good guide all in one thread to help people out.

post up what you know!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 AM
On The Tree

Chevy Camaro 1999. Hugger Orange, were made only this year, the total of the colour with both v6 and v8 was only 1402made, I am the owner of one, mavbe it's more rare then the others when it a export modell, haven't found anymore in this colour.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:21 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Taken from collectorfbody.com

About The Collector Edition Trans Am
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Collector Edition WS6
Legends aren't born, they're made...and this ones been in the making 35years. Furthermore, this one can prove its merit in under 5.5 seconds thanks to 325 horsepower under the functional ram air hood. as an exclamation point to four generations, the collector edition trans am is one rare bird. Only 2,000 of these customized firebirds will ever roll a tire over pavement. Or be sprayed with a yellow-over-black paint scheme as bad as the cars attitude. Or carry the collector edition emblem-The undisputed symbol of Pontiac's ultimate performance machine.. It's a proud car that could only come........ from Detroit, with love

Outfitted in its exclusive Pontiac "Collector Yellow" paint scheme, the Collector Edition features a special "screaming chicken" graphic package that puts a contemporary spin on the eye-catching hood designs of the '70s and '80s Firebird and Trans Am models. Two black "racing stripe" designs adorn the hood of the vehicle and continue on to wrap themselves around the car's doors and rear quarter panels. The rear fascia also gets special attention with a two-tone Collector Yellow and black treatment while both Collector Edition and Trans Am nameplates accent the lower doors.
Staying true to the tradition of the WS6 performance and handling package's exterior appointments, the Collector Edition includes black painted WS6 wheels with a machined face surface, black anodized front and rear brake calipers and black painted axles. Goodyear Eagle F1 performance tires are standard.

Inside the 2002 Collector Edition, owners will find exclusive interior trim appointments that highlight the now famous design cues of Firebird and Trans Am through the years. Seats are wrapped in ebony leather with headrests featuring embroidered Collector Edition logos. Also sporting the Collector Edition logo are front floor mats and a trophy/shelf mat. A special issue Collector Edition owner's portfolio provides the finishing touch to the vehicle's interior. Ram Air WS6 Performance and Handling Package - Need We Say More? The Ram Air WS6 performance and handling package is standard on the Collector Edition. Highlighting the features is the LS1 5.7L V8 churning out 325 horsepower at 350 lb-ft. of torque (with WS6 package refinements).

Convertible Automatic- 492
Convertible Manual- 549
TOTAL Convertible -1041
T-Top Automatic- 510
T-Top Manual- 839
TOTAL T-Top -1349
GRAND TOTAL= 2390

Production figures
2000 shipped to the US, 390 shipped to canada
Standard Equipment
Power antenna
Power windows
Power door locks
Remote keyless entry
Theft-deterrent alarm system
Driver 6-way power seat
Monsoon Series AM/FM radio with CD player
Hatch roof (T-Tops) on coupe model
Optional Equipment
Traction control
Trunk-mounted 12-CD changer
Hurst "Short-Throw" shifter (six-speed manual transmission only)
Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

2002 Limited Edition 35th Anniversary

2002 Limited Edition 35th Anniversary "Z4C" Camaro SS Production Numbers

The following are build counts for the 2002 Limited Edition 35th Anniversary "Z4C" Camaro SS.

A total of 3,369 35th Anniversary Camaro SSs were built for worldwide distribution.

3,000 were built for distribution to the United States 369 were built for distribution to Canada (217 more to Canada than estimated)

Convertibles:

1,398 units: Convertibles with "MXO" Automatic Transmission - 789 Convertibles with "MN6" 6-speed Manual Transmission - 609

Coupes:

1,971 units: Coupes with Removable Roof Panels and "MX0" Automatic Transmission - 934 Coupes with Removable Roof Panels and "MN6" 6-speed manual Transmission - 1,037

Special Trim and Features

Dual Heritage Stripes on hood, roof band and trunk (roof band on coupe is body color)

Special two-tone interior

Custom "35th Anniversary" embroidery on front seat headrests

Special wheel treatment

"35th Anniversary" badge on front fenders

Painted rear differential

Trophy mat

Owner portfolio
Old 04-20-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Resident

thanks Guys! keep it coming!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Default Info ......... A lot!

Blackbird, GMMG, Berger.......................

A lot of info is already gathered @ www.daytonapacecars.com
Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by daytonajim
Blackbird, GMMG, Berger.......................

A lot of info is already gathered @ www.daytonapacecars.com
thanks! I was looking at that site today.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Banned

best car ever made.

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
Taken from collectorfbody.com

About The Collector Edition Trans Am
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Collector Edition WS6
Legends aren't born, they're made...and this ones been in the making 35years. Furthermore, this one can prove its merit in under 5.5 seconds thanks to 325 horsepower under the functional ram air hood. as an exclamation point to four generations, the collector edition trans am is one rare bird. Only 2,000 of these customized firebirds will ever roll a tire over pavement. Or be sprayed with a yellow-over-black paint scheme as bad as the cars attitude. Or carry the collector edition emblem-The undisputed symbol of Pontiac's ultimate performance machine.. It's a proud car that could only come........ from Detroit, with love

Outfitted in its exclusive Pontiac "Collector Yellow" paint scheme, the Collector Edition features a special "screaming chicken" graphic package that puts a contemporary spin on the eye-catching hood designs of the '70s and '80s Firebird and Trans Am models. Two black "racing stripe" designs adorn the hood of the vehicle and continue on to wrap themselves around the car's doors and rear quarter panels. The rear fascia also gets special attention with a two-tone Collector Yellow and black treatment while both Collector Edition and Trans Am nameplates accent the lower doors.
Staying true to the tradition of the WS6 performance and handling package's exterior appointments, the Collector Edition includes black painted WS6 wheels with a machined face surface, black anodized front and rear brake calipers and black painted axles. Goodyear Eagle F1 performance tires are standard.

Inside the 2002 Collector Edition, owners will find exclusive interior trim appointments that highlight the now famous design cues of Firebird and Trans Am through the years. Seats are wrapped in ebony leather with headrests featuring embroidered Collector Edition logos. Also sporting the Collector Edition logo are front floor mats and a trophy/shelf mat. A special issue Collector Edition owner's portfolio provides the finishing touch to the vehicle's interior. Ram Air WS6 Performance and Handling Package - Need We Say More? The Ram Air WS6 performance and handling package is standard on the Collector Edition. Highlighting the features is the LS1 5.7L V8 churning out 325 horsepower at 350 lb-ft. of torque (with WS6 package refinements).

Convertible Automatic- 492
Convertible Manual- 549
TOTAL Convertible -1041
T-Top Automatic- 510
T-Top Manual- 839
TOTAL T-Top -1349
GRAND TOTAL= 2390

Production figures
2000 shipped to the US, 390 shipped to canada
Standard Equipment
Power antenna
Power windows
Power door locks
Remote keyless entry
Theft-deterrent alarm system
Driver 6-way power seat
Monsoon Series AM/FM radio with CD player
Hatch roof (T-Tops) on coupe model
Optional Equipment
Traction control
Trunk-mounted 12-CD changer
Hurst "Short-Throw" shifter (six-speed manual transmission only)
Old 04-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

someone tell me the breakdown on options for the 02 Formula Firehawk? I know there were only 167 Formula Hawks made,But I was hoping to break it down further.
Such as color,trans.,Tops,Interior?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Big Chuk

try firehawk.org

Last edited by Z28/2002; 04-22-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

Default BrickYard Cars

Let me add to the list.
There were 45 Special Promotional 35th Anniversary Camaro LE's (Brickyard Cars) that were commissioned by GM to tour various Chevy sponcered races to celebrated the 35 years of the Camaro including the 2001 Allstate Brickyard 400 pictured below and a 3 page article on the 45 Camaro SS/LE's. I was fortunately to come across Brickyard Car #30.
For the build sheet my serial # matches #10.

Track Car Article

Some pictures of them in action..!!

All photos courteousy of http://www.35thle.com/index.html
Old 04-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Teching In

that last picture is so ******* bad ***!
Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
11 Second Club

Anyone else notice the LT1 in the last pic?
The following users liked this post:
NewOrleansLT1 (01-04-2021)
Old 04-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

Lovin my CETA! My first had traction control but my second one was ordered without it

I wonder how many there are like it....
Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redracer1

All photos courteousy of http://www.35thle.com/index.html
That last pic is actually photoshopped and from one of the Camaro Superfest things.

This topic is really cool, but it's a lot of work. Most of this type of info will eventually end up on my website, but it's always more fun to research and collect this info than it is to organize it and present it.

I'll throw in 2 cents right now though that haven't been covered.

Bright Purple Metallic Camaros:
883 made in '97 and 481 made in '98.
No SSes in this color for either year.
Two 1LE Z28s were made in this color in 1997. Here's a pic of one of them:

last known owner was named Joe Shovel.

Love this color...
Old 05-25-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

bump thanks Guys
Old 06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

bump..
Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Teching In

In 1995, 134 1LE's were built, 106 US delivered and 28 Canadian delivered. Of these, I have only been able to document 3 in Medium Quasar Blue, with each being a unique 1 of 1 made... 1 Canadian delivered with KPH gauges, monochromatic top and no body side molding. 1 US delivered with MPH gauges, monochromatic top WITH body side molding. And 1 delivered with a black top. I have searched high and low, and have done VIN checks online (not sure you can trust them though) and can't trace anymore. If anyone here knows if chevy did a color break down for these cars specifically, I would like to see it... I do know that Red, Black, White & Silver were (most likely) the most ordered.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 226 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger_randy
In 1995, 134 1LE's were built, 106 US delivered and 28 Canadian delivered. Of these, I have only been able to document 3 in Medium Quasar Blue, with each being a unique 1 of 1 made... 1 Canadian delivered with KPH gauges, monochromatic top and no body side molding. 1 US delivered with MPH gauges, monochromatic top WITH body side molding. And 1 delivered with a black top. I have searched high and low, and have done VIN checks online (not sure you can trust them though) and can't trace anymore. If anyone here knows if chevy did a color break down for these cars specifically, I would like to see it... I do know that Red, Black, White & Silver were (most likely) the most ordered.
FWIW, I've scoured CompNine's database and compiled the results, including a breakdown of 1LEs (links in my sig). I've noted some anomalies in the data, and some missing units for some of the years, so it's not perfect.

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Bright Purple Metallic Camaros:
883 made in '97 and 481 made in '98.
No SSes in this color for either year.
Two 1LE Z28s were made in this color in 1997.
(again, FWIW), CompNine's database contains 1 '97 SS coupe A4 in BPM (88U). They also show only 757 BPM Camaros total in '97, although this may be the result of the aforementioned "flaws" in their data.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just more of those fun record keeping issues lol. If that Bright Purple Metallic SS really exists, I wish I had pictures of it.

Quick Reply: All the Info On All the Special Edition Cars!!!!!!