Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Hit & Run

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Hit & Run

Well the title will go ahead and answer your question of why I am ******* pissed off right now. So I will go ahead and say what happened. During class today, I get called out to go to the front office to see the principal. So I get there and they tell me that the administrators would like for me to meet them at my car. The first thing that pops into my head is that I have something illegal in my car (which I don't) and am totally confused why I am needed. Then I open up the back door of my school and look down where my car was parked
I find my car two parking places to the right of where I parked it and 45* from where I was parked. I just about broke down right then. Here I have a very rare car that I have spent the last 2 months of my life searching for without a single blimish on it and only about 12K on the clock. Now as I walk up to it, I still have the same car that I love so much...but with the left side of my car caved in. The first thing my principal says to me is "Why did you park like this?" seeing that my car is taking up about 3 parking spots. I tell him I parked normally and he is astounded that my car was not originally parked like this. I had to show him the tire marks from which my car was slid across to prove that I was parked normally. I guess I was in shock because I just realized that only the principal and myself were the only people there. So I ask him where the guy is that hit my car and he simply shrugs. I am enraged... Someone needs to grow some ******* ***** and at least leave me a note with their information...Instead I have my absolutely perfect Camaro SS hardtop blown to smitheriens by some ******* that doesn't give a ****. The police arrives and I give them all the information I have and get a case number and all that jazz. So I pick up the pieces of the tail light from the car that hit me for some reference and go back to class. After spending the remainder of the school day in a complete daze, I return to my car so I can go home. But before I did, I took some of the tail light lense and examined it closely; it is very odd since the lens is concave instead of flat. Then I took a look at the paint on my car from the car that hit me (tourquiose). Well my friend has an Eclipse and those have concave tail lights...so I got him to drive over to compare tail lights and sure enough...it matches exactly. Next thing that comes to my head is a tourquoise Eclipse...there can't be too many of those around...Wait! One usually parks near me every day and it was not there! I know a hispanic drives it so I went through every picture of a hispanic male at our school until I found his familiar face. I told the principal it was him (since he was the one that was showing me the pictures) and he said he would contact him tomorrow. So I figured that was it...I'd just have to wait. Then I get a call from my friend with the Eclipse that I compared the tail light with. He was on his way to Home Depot when he saw the ugly piece of **** Eclipse that hit me (it's hard to miss with its insane graphics running down the entire length of the car) and sure enough...just as I had thought...the rear of it is demolished. So they write down the tag number for me and now we have detectives getting into the case and are going to arrest them for it and everything. I am taking this case as far as I can to the full extent of the law and probably more. No one has any idea just how pissed I am about this situation. The car was perfect and cannot be replaced in any fashion! I am not going to put salvage parts on my car with 12K miles on it that was in a show-winning state.

Here are some pictures my friend took with his camera phone of the damage. And let me say that these pictures do not do the damage justice. It is much worse than it appears in these couple of photos.

I'm ready to kick this stupid ****'s *** until he can't breathe.

Last edited by spazzyfry123; 03-24-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

That blows man keep us posted on what happens. Kick his *** Seabass.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn dude that sucks so bad, i feel for ya. I really hope you get all the money you deserve from him and go find another nice LS1 to buy. You may want to not drive it school though. Think about it, a bunch of teenagers that saw FNF, had a license for maybe a year and they cant drive for ****. Bad combination, just keep the nice car at home.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Damage must be a lot worse than it appears in the photos. How could he have knocked your car that far from its original resting place, but not have any more damage than that?
Old 03-23-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buford isnt too far from grayson...i could go for a little ricer *** kicking if need be.

i swaer some people just suck at life. sorry to hear that
Old 03-23-2006, 06:41 PM
What's a Sticky?

I'm sorry to hear that man. I feel your pain, just not quite as bad. I bought my 98 Z28- in perfect condition, about 3 weeks ago. I went to the mall last night and some ****** douche bag scraped some part of his car along the right front part of my front bumper. I have been pissed all day. And of course, nobody is man enough to step up for their stupid ****** actions. The **** of mine is that I have NO clue who it was and its not worth turning into insurance- so I'm gonna be out like $300 at least. I hope you get that ******.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Wait until you get his money before you kick a lung out of him.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that sucks. I'd be crying if that happened to my car
Old 03-23-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mbrownin
Damage must be a lot worse than it appears in the photos. How could he have knocked your car that far from its original resting place, but not have any more damage than that?
The left rear of the car is pushed in about 7 or so inches further than is normal. So I'd say he smacked it pretty good...
Old 03-23-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Orange99Z
Wait until you get his money before you kick a lung out of him.
The cops have already told me to pretty much stay out of it completely. They are doing undercover investegated and said that if I confront him, it could blow the entire thing. So I am going to be patient...no matter how hard it is
Old 03-23-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nhra-trans-am
that sucks. I'd be crying if that happened to my car
I was close to it. This has not exactly been the best week for me. My dog was put down the other day due to cancer. I have 2 broken lower vertebrae and am required to wear what appears to be a corsett (spelling?) with 4 metal plates for the next 5 months or so. One of my best friends has been diagnosed with a very large brain tumor (about the size of my fist). My 4 day old iPod video no longer works. Now this...All of that in a matter of 4 days. This is too much for me to handle right now
Old 03-23-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

What do insurance companies use to decide how much a car is worth (Edmunds, KBB, etc...)? Also, what constitutes a totalled car? Is it when the repairs exceed 70% of the value of the car and/or warped frame? I am trying to decide what my car is worth to an insurance company so I can get an idea just how deep I am here
Old 03-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Default :(

Hey bro, im so sorry this happened. Wow the pics came out better than i thought tho. We'll get this ****** so dont worry. You have to stay outta it but we dont have to hahaahah. Ill cya in 1st tomorrow bro.

P.S. In the first pic you can see me!!! hahahah yea....
Old 03-24-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Addict

kick that b****** ***.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Banned

That's my worst fear everytime I take my Firehawk out of the garage. I hardly ever park it. I usually drive and go back to the garage.

Revenge is sweet. Pm me sometime, I'd love to help.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hoLY ****! He had to have PUSHED the car to move it that far. Or, just been flying backwards out of the parking space. Either way, what a tool. Sorry to see it happen to a nice car. Best of luck.
BTW, they usually blue book your value, I was told before if it was 50% or more of the value they would total it. But I'm sure we have LS/LT guys here that now insurance business.

Devon
Old 03-24-2006, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

Dude that really sucks to see that happen to such a young car. Only 12K on the clock? Damn i don't know what i would do if i had that happen to me. I had someone bruch against my car with a shopping cart once and i flipped the biggest **** ever.
Don't get impatient with this guy. You don't wanna blow anything up. When he gets caught, cuz he will, just prosecute the **** out of him. Press charges in criminal court then file a civil suit for damages in addition to the insurance payout. Just **** him out of everything he's got. It takes a real dirtbag to do that to someones car and not own up to it.
Good luck with it and let us know how it goes. Best wishes.

-Brian
Old 03-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Launching!

sorry to hear about all that man
yea its prolly better you stay out of it and let the police handle it
some lady back into my SS the other day and me being the hot head i am i punched out her truck window and well im left to pay for my car to get fixed now
Old 03-24-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats why i never drove a nice car to the high school parking lot, or most parking lots for that matter.

you can find another one, its just a 4th gen camaro.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's considered a felony in California if you commit a hit and run, I don't know about where you live. Sorry to hear about everything else that's happening in your life, but hang in there. You could always just bum rush him in court when he's in handcuffs or something and beat him down. It's funny to see when stuff like that happens on police videos.

Quick Reply: Hit & Run