Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has been a very creative thread actually,it's done quite bit of mythbusting..the only distraction being one person who clearly didn't get the memo(s) and who's skulls only purpose is to keep his ears from fighting-
Old 12-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Default cars

Well i have been wondering does anyone any facts on the new camaro yet? I read yesterday about a ss/z28 500 hp option ,also maybe a bigger horespower in 2011 .I also been hearing they are going to be heavy .Thanks for all your posts and some of the cars you have been sending me im still on the hunt for a new f-body.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by grb
I don't know how in hell sending a GMMG car back to GMMG to be upgraded could possibly effect the true value of the car. Hell, my #51 was delivered stock, converted to a C5R 427 NA, the tuner couldn't make it run, converted to a ProCharged C5R 427, tuner still couldn't make it run so he converted it back to NA AND STILL COULDN'T MAKE IT RUN!!

So I finally had it converted to a Phase II+ something and it runs like a Banshi!! Who cares? I don't, and that's what matters.
I'm not saying that it will hurt the value just simply don't know that it would help. Matt has rewrote history with these cars then went on to alter them from the actual numbers that were originally built. I kinda wish they were all C5R 427 cars like the 427 '69s then there would be any confusion.

Last edited by camarosss; 12-13-2007 at 05:40 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

When I committed to my car the 427 wasn't even an option. That's why I made plans to have it done elsewhere.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by speedtoyz1
Well i have been wondering does anyone any facts on the new camaro yet? I read yesterday about a ss/z28 500 hp option ,also maybe a bigger horespower in 2011 .I also been hearing they are going to be heavy .Thanks for all your posts and some of the cars you have been sending me im still on the hunt for a new f-body.
Don't know but I've heard that the zl might be produced in 2010 or 11, love to see that!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camarosss
Don't know but I've heard that the zl might be produced in 2010 or 11, love to see that!
Sir...Its time for you to stop typing and just read which is a good way to learn.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

For everyone here, myself included, I think this thread has been informative to a lot of people who don't know a lot about our cars. It probably has been helpful to those who do own GMMG cars as well.

CAMAROSSS, first of all, what is your name ?? where are you from ?? You do ask good questions but don't jump to conclusions until you get all the facts. Without a name or person behind a screen name I feel like I'm talking to a computer, and I don't care to do that. You keep saying that the two engines are the same and why would we change one block for the same other block. My question to you is this . . . are two snowflakes the same ?? their both called snowflakes, but there not the same. I've told you that there were 15 or so differences between the stock LS1 with the LS6 casting number and the LS6 crate motors we put in the ZL1 cars. By the way, they are not ZL cars, I'm not sure why you call them that. The LS1 engines with the LS6 casting number is still no way the same motor as the LS6 crate engines we put in those cars. The LS1 engines, with the LS6 casting number, used the LS1 cam, 241 heads, etc. To a novice, maybe like you and others, they are the same because you wont look into anything beyond the obvious; but, trust me, they are not the same. I dont really have much more time to go into all the differences here. Go get one of each of those blocks and do your homework, look closely at them, take them apart, and write down all the differences, and then you will see what the differences are, until then, keep telling people that snowflakes are the same.

Also, CAMAROSSS, where did you get the idea that there were only 37 or 42 Phase 3 ZL1's made by GMMG ?? If you got it from the Camaro White Book, then that was the number at the time of the writing of that book. We were not finished upgrading those cars at that time and still have a ZL1 here that the customer hasn't picked up and it is going to be a 427 Phase 3. ALL GMMG CARS were sold to the dealership as a base 380hp or 400hp package (except for a few 360hp automatic HotRod cars and 35th PE cars). ALL UPGRADES were done after the cars were sold to the customers. Some of those cars were still here and didn't have to leave before we upgraded them. Some of the cars did get delivered back to the dealership and then sent back here and were upgraded for the new owner. Like JD and others have said, if you own a GMMG car and want to upgrade it, you can. We offer a list of options for any GMMG car. You will get a new GMMG option window sticker and invoice from us. As similar as our cars are to the first gen dealer built cars, they are also different. It's been 35 years and we do a few things the same and a few things different. I'm not going to do things one day for one guy and tell the next owner a week, month or year later, that he can't have that. What we don't do is build more cars than we said we were going to do, ie. 69 ZL1's and not 70 or 71. 50 35th PE cars, etc.

By the way, the Dick Harrell cars were all bought by Berger Chevy back in 2003 and 2004. They own those 30 cars, not GMMG, and no one can send their car to get a wide body upgrade. It has been asked and begged that I will offer the widebody package as a GMMG upgrade option, and sorry to say, No, that wont happen. We might do another widebody project in the near future, but they will not be Dick Harrell editions. We said we were building 30 of them and that's it. We still have 15 months until the new Camaros come out and we can't sit around here waiting for that and do nothing but upgrades, so we are working on a few projects. We will announce them when they become official and the legal paperwork has been completed.

Keep the questions coming, I'll help any way I can. Enjoy this holiday season. By the way, it's 72 degrees here in lovely Atlanta, GA. My kind of winter, after spending most of my life in Detroit, MI, Milwaukee, WI, Buffalo, NY, and Indianapolis, IN . . .

Here are a few pictures . . . new LS6 crate engines from the ZL1 project, Mike and Billie working on putting in the crate LS6 motors. Ron removing a stock LS1 motor.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!-ph1-eng_0163a.jpg   Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!-bille-ph2-eng-.jpg   Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!-2003-12-23-019a.jpg  

Last edited by GMMG; 12-14-2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-14-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Originally Posted by camarosss
Now that I have read the whole thread over I will admit that I was a little out of line but I think what triggered me was you J.D. on page 1. You quoted:
WOW..................there is so much mis-information here ! ! ! ! !

I'm probablly not the only person that has questioned the ZLs and I know I won't be the last. Even though your car has been changed to a phase 2 car, I personally would not want it, if it were for sale. Don't get me wrong here you have a very nice car but I would not want a ZL that has been changed from its original status (from GMMG). Just like the ph 2 I found that has been upgraded to a 3. I guess I'm just to old school, yes I have altered cars but about 80% of them are still original. I know that word does'nt mean anything to some of you guys now but some day it might. I admire these cars just as much as the next person. I guess I can look at it one way .... If I do find one that has'nt been upgraded (for sale) it will be even more rare from the ones that have been changed.

How true it was what I wrote...............there CERTAINLY IS SO MUCH MIS-INFORMATION HERE AND YOU HAVE HELPED PROVE THAT.

You obviously did not read what I had also written earlier. My car was delivered to me as a Phase II car. It was a Phase II from the very beginning. They hadn't even started working on mine yet when I made the decision to have it delivered to me as a Phase II car so my car is as origininal as it gets...............but that's okay................it isn't for sale and I wouldn't sell it to you anyway even if it was for sale.

Further..............by insulting people such as Nils, myself and others is not helping your cause. Re-read the entire thread. You have gotten comments from Nils, Ray, Ron, Mike, Matt and others who you have pissed off to some extent. I agree with what has been said before...................stay out of this thread and just move on. I don't feel you have been positive, just negative with your remarks. This thread was originally posted to find a GMMG car and you have turned it into something entirely different.

As has been stated earlier.................if you have questions...............spend the dime and call Matt. Don't continue posting here and pissing folks off.

Last edited by 02_Phase2_ZL1; 12-14-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

Default Go Away

CAMAROSSS......................Ain't you got any friends out there to bother. You sound like the kind of guy whose mother had to stick a piece of balogna in your pocket just to get the family dog to play with you. Just walk away from this thread. You offer nothing to the discussion.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

HotRod1974 wrote:
You sound like the kind of guy whose mother had to stick a piece of balogna in your pocket just to get the family dog to play with you.
All these years I thought my mom gave me the balogna in case I got hungry!!! I also thought the dog liked me for me!!

On a more serious note, I just think if you have a question about something, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. What I don't understand about this whole post, CammaroSS, is even after you've heard from the Horses Mouth (Matt) and the guys who've spilt blood building these cars (Mike & Ron to name a few) explaining in depth the differences in the motors and the procedures undertaken during the building process, you still refuse to go quietly into the night!!! I thought the purpose of these forums was to give people a comfortable place they can go to educate themselves about these cars while at the same time create lasting friendships. Based on what you've written over the last several pages, it is evident you don't care to know the truth about these cars or for that matter, if you offend people. You may want to keep in mind that Class is something you cannot buy, borrow or steal. I think if you humbled yourself just a little bit, you will find that there are a bunch of great people on this site that have one thing in common, they all love cars!

That said, I'm sure you will think I am an idiot for giving my opinion. But keep in mind, I'm one of the idiots who actually owns a GMMG car.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Matt,

Thanks for the info, the internet is always a learning tool!

Happy Holidays to you.

Andrew - Berger SS #93
Old 12-14-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GMMG
Keep the questions coming, I'll help any way I can.
Great info Matt .... Thanks.

How many Intimidators have you upgraded to date? I know of at least three. I've been keeping a 'informal' registry of them since 01.

Thanks for your reply.

Craig S.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSLTFOUR
Thanks for the info. This matches all of the information I have gathered on the car. It was delivered to Berger I believe in April of '01 with 23 miles on it. If you have any other info. on this particular car, please PM me. I would love to hear more! Thanks again for your input.
I have a tad more info on # 7 and quite a bit more on the Intimidators in general. I only share this info with fellow Intimidator owners to respect their privacy.

Send a email to me at www.dianf68@yahoo.com if interested.

Craig S.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Will the white book be updated anytime soon and will it be more accurate and have more details? This book is what a lot of people go by when it comes to these cars.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:50 AM
Staging Lane

Default white book

I here spring of 08 it will be updated.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSLTFOUR
If you have any other info. on this particular car, please PM me. I would love to hear more! Thanks again for your input.
Jordan...for whatever reason the the PM function isn't working. Check your email or try me again at www.dianf68@yahoo.com Thanks
Old 12-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Matt glad you stepped in to straighten things out. Markie your a short timer.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by smgco
Matt glad you stepped in to straighten things out. Markie your a short timer.
I had one of these when you were poopin mustard kid

XOXO
Old 12-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

I'm the one that owns the #22 Tom Henry. After reading that some of the folks are having second thoughts after they sold their GMMG car, I've decided to NOT sell mine.

Even though I've changed out some of the suspension, I still maintain all the stock components to put it back to a full GMMG car. And yes, it was driven pretty hard. I did some SCCA and a couple HPDEs.

I appreciate the input from all, not so much from some. But nonetheless, I’ve leaned new things about GMMG cars.

Thanks

Patrick Strobel
US Army
Baghram, Afghanistan
Old 12-20-2007, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Patrick, Dont worry about what these folks say about these cars. It's yours, you paid for it so just drive it how you want to. I have Nitto's, I have nitrous, I have a Strange 12 bolt with 4:10's. 455 at the wheels + 100 shot and I drive the shiat out of it. Hell I even have a TV in the thing. Just enjoy and do what you want with YOUR car.................Norm

Quick Reply: Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!