Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man did this post get outta control. Guys the GMMG cars are real as it gets I have the scars to prove it on my hands.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mike@Vengeance
Man did this post get outta control. Guys the GMMG cars are real as it gets I have the scars to prove it on my hands.
Mike.............those of us that own the cars that you, Ron, Billie and Matt built have never doubted that. It is only the folks that do not own one of these cars doubt what they are....................and.................I guess their opinions really don't matter anyway do they?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

RARESS wrote:
Jordan,
That Intimidator is mine!
Jim, I'm not sure the Intimidator will look good next to all those red & white cars! Too many colors going on!

What I really want to know is how bad do you and the other guys want her?
I've been waiting for someone to PM me with an offer that will make me
Old 12-12-2007, 10:43 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a nice 7K mile Berger PhaseIIX on Ebay right now
Buy now for 39K which I think it a steal,its up to 31K with 5 days to go..
Old 12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

The engineer also went on to say that they started filtering in the LS6 casting number blocks in Camaros and Firebirds in 2001 because of the continued piston knock problem. He said that about 20% of the 2001 f-bodies will have the LS6 casting number and about 70% of the 2002 f-bodies will have the LS6 casting number.
Matt, I'm not acussing you or anyone of that matter about what went on or did not go on when these cars were being built. I'm just trying to understand more about them and try to educate myself on the differences. You said ABOVE that there about 70% of the 2002 f-bodies will have the LS6 casting number. Doe's this mean they only have the LS6 casting #s or are they actually LS6 blocks with the old LS1 241 heads. And if so, like I said before,I don't understand why you would take them out of the car when they were already in there. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble here, of all the people that have commented on this post positive or negative I hope you understand. And I'm not trying to be a smart a-- that nows everything besides I thought that forums are for people who have question about certain topics not to get on here and bragg about what I have and you don't. Also,the ZL that I found (just by luck) has been upgraded to a ph 3 from a 2, but if I had bought the car thinking it was one of the " ORIGINAL" 37 documented phase 3 cars and not knowing otherwise I would have been really disapointed, because by far (in my opinion) I think that the original ph 3 ZLs are the better investment. It would be really embarrassing to pull into a car show with your one of one phase 3 car and the original one was parked beside you. Again I apoliogize for any misconfusion I may have caused, I'm sure alot of my questions have lingered on other peoples minds that they really did'nt want to ask, other than the owners of the ZLs.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

I think I just found my new exhaust.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camarosss
The engineer also went on to say that they started filtering in the LS6 casting number blocks in Camaros and Firebirds in 2001 because of the continued piston knock problem. He said that about 20% of the 2001 f-bodies will have the LS6 casting number and about 70% of the 2002 f-bodies will have the LS6 casting number.
Matt, I'm not acussing you or anyone of that matter about what went on or did not go on when these cars were being built. I'm just trying to understand more about them and try to educate myself on the differences. You said ABOVE that there about 70% of the 2002 f-bodies will have the LS6 casting number. Doe's this mean they only have the LS6 casting #s or are they actually LS6 blocks with the old LS1 241 heads. And if so, like I said before,I don't understand why you would take them out of the car when they were already in there. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble here, of all the people that have commented on this post positive or negative I hope you understand. And I'm not trying to be a smart a-- that nows everything besides I thought that forums are for people who have question about certain topics not to get on here and bragg about what I have and you don't. Also,the ZL that I found (just by luck) has been upgraded to a ph 3 from a 2, but if I had bought the car thinking it was one of the " ORIGINAL" 37 documented phase 3 cars and not knowing otherwise I would have been really disapointed, because by far (in my opinion) I think that the original ph 3 ZLs are the better investment. It would be really embarrassing to pull into a car show with your one of one phase 3 car and the original one was parked beside you. Again I apoliogize for any misconfusion I may have caused, I'm sure alot of my questions have lingered on other peoples minds that they really did'nt want to ask, other than the owners of the ZLs.
Here we go again, hang on..........................
Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JS
There is a nice 7K mile Berger PhaseIIX on Ebay right now
Buy now for 39K which I think it a steal,its up to 31K with 5 days to go..
Does anyone know anything about this GMMG, I made this guy an offer yesterday, I dont like the idea that the rear tires have already been changed with only 7k miles they may have added up 1/4 mile at a time on this one, other that the Camaro looks good.

Last edited by ZL1 #14; 12-12-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Originally Posted by camarosss

Whether the car you might purchase is one of the original 37 phase III cars or not is not important as far as the value is concerned.

If I was going to purchase another GMMG car..............whether it started out as a base model and then was converted to phase II and then converted to phase III wouldn't make a bit of difference to me as Matt will supply all the documentation to go along with the different conversions.

I think the important thing here in this thread is how you approached it. You offended alot of folks here including Matt. "IN MY OPINION" you approached your questions in a negative tone rather than a positive tone. I think the other GMMG owners and Matt will agree with me. You should have asked why the engines were replaced instead of saying that you felt the engines were not replaced. That put everyone on the defensive right from the start when we all knew that they had been replaced.

I think you will find all the GMMG owners who commented in this thread are "stand-up guys" and are all very nice to deal with as well. If you approach us in the correct manner, we will be glad to share with you anything we can about our cars. As for Matt, Ron and Mike, they built the cars. THEY ARE THE EXPERTS. There will be some things THEY WILL NOT SHARE to protect the value of the vehicles and the people who own them.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL1 #14
Does anyone know anything about this GMMG, I made this guy an off yesterday, I dont like the idea that the rear tires have already been changed with only 7k miles they may have added up 1/4 mile at a time on this one, other that the Camaro looks good.

All 4 tires have been changed . . . to Nittos . . . wierd . . . someone wanted more traction . . .

Different intake . . . Not aluminum . . . Not LS1, not LS6 . . . Painted LS2???
Old 12-12-2007, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Default Gmmg

This is a Phase 2X that accounts for mods, just worried last owner burned the tires off of the car drag racing.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:18 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Is that the right intake or not?
I dont think it is,Unless GMMG put a Fast on it and painted it?

The tires do have me worried too
My buddy wants to make an offer on this car.

Was the 12-bolt and Tq arm a GMMG installed option too?
Old 12-12-2007, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Yep, looks correct for the Phase 2x however you may want to check with Matt or someone else that knows more than me.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JS
Is that the right intake or not?
I dont think it is,Unless GMMG put a Fast on it and painted it?

The tires do have me worried too
My buddy wants to make an offer on this car.

Was the 12-bolt and Tq arm a GMMG installed option too?
Yes,but it's not on the GMMG third sticker on this car.That,and the tires, would have me questioning how much it has been "enjoyed" in those seven thousand miles.Very clean car though obviously garage kept.Where is the P2 plaque for the dash?
Old 12-12-2007, 02:58 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

J.D. - You gonna make it down for the F-bod Gathering next Spring?

This is one place that you will see a number of GMMG cars and the the guys who built them and the guy concieved the idea in the first place. You can ask questions until the sun goes down.....I don't know what the hell happens after that (kind of wild I hear) but I'm sure the CatfiSSh discussions go on into the night!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:13 PM
JS
10 Second Club

I dont believe the 12-bolt,intake or tq-arm were GMMG Installed
That really hurts this car not to mention the tires.

I wouldnt buy it for anything more than 30K
JMHO
Old 12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Default Berger #52

Just got off the phone will Matt Murphy, apparentley not all the mods were completed by GMMG.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:36 PM
JS
10 Second Club

DING DING,not worth the coin....Sorry but if u want a GMMG car it better retain everything it had when it left Matt's hands....

I'm still pissed Matt got the Pumpkin from SLP and I didnt
Old 12-12-2007, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JS
DING DING,not worth the coin....Sorry but if u want a GMMG car it better retain everything it had when it left Matt's hands....

I'm still pissed Matt got the Pumpkin from SLP and I didnt
I agree.............
Old 12-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Default gmmg car

Doug are you going to pass on that one? I know who worked on it if you want there number? Any other leads?

Quick Reply: Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!