Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
Whether the car you might purchase is one of the original 37 phase III cars or not is not important as far as the value is concerned.

If I was going to purchase another GMMG car..............whether it started out as a base model and then was converted to phase II and then converted to phase III wouldn't make a bit of difference to me as Matt will supply all the documentation to go along with the different conversions.

I think the important thing here in this thread is how you approached it. You offended alot of folks here including Matt. "IN MY OPINION" you approached your questions in a negative tone rather than a positive tone. I think the other GMMG owners and Matt will agree with me. You should have asked why the engines were replaced instead of saying that you felt the engines were not replaced. That put everyone on the defensive right from the start when we all knew that they had been replaced.

I think you will find all the GMMG owners who commented in this thread are "stand-up guys" and are all very nice to deal with as well. If you approach us in the correct manner, we will be glad to share with you anything we can about our cars. As for Matt, Ron and Mike, they built the cars. THEY ARE THE EXPERTS. There will be some things THEY WILL NOT SHARE to protect the value of the vehicles and the people who own them.
Like I said before, I did not mean to approach anyone the wrong way. I was told by many other sources that these later model blocks were the same block in the f-bodies. I'm not doubting that they were or wer'ent taking out of the cars. Just wondering why (AND I STRESS WHY) they were taken out if they were the same. It seems scenseless to me.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:59 PM

I like the NBM Berger on ebay a lot. Just hate the white interior. The balck one looks aweful with the gold stripes. Just my $0.02

Camarosss---They probably built the engiens and then dropped them in. And not all 01/02 cars had LS6 blocks. Just easy to pull them and drop another rather than check. Doesn't matter what you think, It's what they did. Part # for replacement is probably the same for the LS1, because the LS6 block is the replacement part for the LS1 block. I don't believe you can get a new ls1 block anymore only the ls6.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSLTFOUR
The second car is a GMMG Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS, car #7 with 200 original miles. And yes, it's signed by Big E himself. It is, I believe, the only Intimidator delivered to Berger and spent some time in the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum in TN.
Not trying to offend anyone.....just adding a little history.

The # 7 Intimidator was the third one available to the public and sold thru Earnhardt Chevy in Newton, NC as all the Intimidators were. It was then shipped to Berger Chevy in MI and Matt Berger recieved it. Matt B. knew of the cars long before most folks did and simply put his money down early on. A Berger salesman by the name of Dennis Barker tied the car to Dale's 7 Nascar championships as a marketing ploy to sell the car. Apparently it worked.

I have seen the car several times and documented it's VIN and GMMG brass tag numbers.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSLTFOUR
Hey Greg, if you buy it now, you won't be subjected to inflation, surcharges and my cost of living increases! Who knows what I'll want for her in 1 year 5 months 1 week 23hrs 59 minutes?

As far as the clock, you'd have to speak to J.D. about it. He's the incredibly talented mastermind behind it.
Jordan someone Changed Dept at work this year and took at BIG paycut

JD is Santa Clause So JD the talentd mastermind how do I get that certain clock

Yes I am its time to do it
Old 12-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Sebring00 wrote:

The # 7 Intimidator was the third one available to the public and sold thru Earnhardt Chevy in Newton, NC as all the Intimidators were. It was then shipped to Berger Chevy in MI and Matt Berger recieved it. Matt B. knew of the cars long before most folks did and simply put his money down early on. A Berger salesman by the name of Dennis Barker tied the car to Dale's 7 Nascar championships as a marketing ploy to sell the car. Apparently it worked.
Thanks for the info. This matches all of the information I have gathered on the car. It was delivered to Berger I believe in April of '01 with 23 miles on it. I have all the paperwork from Berger showing Dennis Barker's signature accepting the car. As I mentioned before, Matt Berger had the car shipped to the Floyd Garrett Musclecar Museum for a few months. The car was sold in Sept. of '01 for almost $72k! It spent a few years in PA before being sold again. I purchased the car from the second owner with 187 miles on it. As you mentioned in your post, tying #7 to Dale's Championship wins was a gamble that paid off. I think down the line it will definitely be a number collectors will be interested in. If you have any other info. on this particular car, please PM me. I would love to hear more! Thanks again for your input.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Intimidator # 47 A little high on the price. (I think)

Tom Henry #22 Has Aftermarket Suspension. Also I was thinking this one had been repainted, the same color it already was. Has been drove hard.

Berger SS #63 It looks to plain. Just doesn't jump out at you like some of the other GMMG cars.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:06 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The intimidator being a PII car does help.
I think the price is fair.

The TH car looks nice,I believe that color is rare for a henry

I like that Black Berger/Gold stripes
I think that car looks tuff too.

I guess u could fix whats been done to the ebay car
Matt could help u with it,I love the white interior.

Last edited by JS; 12-13-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM
NEW
Staging Lane

Hey Girls

My tires has been changed several times, and the first time was after 1500 miles.....

That doesnt mean my car isnt well maintained, and/or taken good care of... It is simply beeing used for what it was intended to when built..

I wouldnt look on tires, i would look on the car in general. Tires is a "consumer" product, and they make new ones every day, the GMMG cars, and 4th gens wont be reproduced ever.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
Whether the car you might purchase is one of the original 37 phase III cars or not is not important as far as the value is concerned.

If I was going to purchase another GMMG car..............whether it started out as a base model and then was converted to phase II and then converted to phase III wouldn't make a bit of difference to me as Matt will supply all the documentation to go along with the different conversions.

I think the important thing here in this thread is how you approached it. You offended alot of folks here including Matt. "IN MY OPINION" you approached your questions in a negative tone rather than a positive tone. I think the other GMMG owners and Matt will agree with me. You should have asked why the engines were replaced instead of saying that you felt the engines were not replaced. That put everyone on the defensive right from the start when we all knew that they had been replaced.

I think you will find all the GMMG owners who commented in this thread are "stand-up guys" and are all very nice to deal with as well. If you approach us in the correct manner, we will be glad to share with you anything we can about our cars. As for Matt, Ron and Mike, they built the cars. THEY ARE THE EXPERTS. There will be some things THEY WILL NOT SHARE to protect the value of the vehicles and the people who own them.
Now that I have read the whole thread over I will admit that I was a little out of line but I think what triggered me was you J.D. on page 1. You quoted:
WOW..................there is so much mis-information here ! ! ! ! !

I'm probablly not the only person that has questioned the ZLs and I know I won't be the last. Even though your car has been changed to a phase 2 car, I personally would not want it, if it were for sale. Don't get me wrong here you have a very nice car but I would not want a ZL that has been changed from its original status (from GMMG). Just like the ph 2 I found that has been upgraded to a 3. I guess I'm just to old school, yes I have altered cars but about 80% of them are still original. I know that word does'nt mean anything to some of you guys now but some day it might. I admire these cars just as much as the next person. I guess I can look at it one way .... If I do find one that has'nt been upgraded (for sale) it will be even more rare from the ones that have been changed.

Last edited by camarosss; 12-13-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: add
Old 12-13-2007, 10:21 AM
JS
10 Second Club

I dont agree,if the car went back to GMMG and has been documented by them it doesnt hurt to upgrade them...Just look at some of the later Motion cars,they still sell for ALOT of money even if they had upgrades done 1 or 2 after they were purchased.My buddy has a 64 GTO that didnt come off the assembly line with tri-power but the dealer installed it after the car was built,he has the orig. paperwork from the dealer install so does that make his car worth less,Simple answer NO

Last edited by JS; 12-13-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NEW
All...

Yeah, i got worked up all right..... i rarely post, CAMAROSSS and his kind is the major reason why....

Think about all the server room that would be in surplus if morons stayed of the internet, and if people thought twice before they posted just about anything they can come up with..

Nahhhh, as Ron says, there is haters everywhere, CAMAROSSS would have gotten much further by using the search button, and/or beeing open minded asking the right questions, looking for the answers, instead of belieiving, the right place for that is in the church, on sundays,.

Move on guys, get the thread starter a GMMG car...
SOUNDS LIKE A PLACE YOU NEED TO BE AND DON'T BE SO NARROW MINDED ABOUT PEOPLE ASKING QUESTIONS. YOU AN ALL OF YOUR 2 FRIENDS.

Last edited by camarosss; 12-13-2007 at 10:50 AM. Reason: ADD
Old 12-13-2007, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JS
I dont agree,if the car went back to GMMG and has been documented by them it doesnt hurt to upgrade them...Just look at some of the later Motion cars,they still sell for ALOT of money even if they had upgrades down 1 or 2 after they were purchased.My buddy has a 64 GTO that didnt come off the assembly line with tri-power but the dealer installed it after the car was built,he has the orig. paperwork from the dealer install so does that make his car worth less,Simple answer NO
True, but will they be worth anymore money? Only time will tell. I don't know if it is true or not but I have heared that the 69 camaro Z/28s came with the (optional) factory crossram intake and carbs in the trunk to be istalled by the dealers.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:48 AM
NEW
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camarosss
SOUNDS LIKE A PLACE YOU NEED TO BE AND DON'T BE SO NARROW MINDED. YOU AN ALL OF YOUR 2 FRIENDS.
HA HA HA HA what the ***** are you made of???? WOOOD?

Took you 4 pages of thread/answers before you saw my post?

Tells me a lot of how much you put into reading the stuff beeing posted here, and me having two friends or not, you wouldnt know, but from your posting, i know that you are pretty lame.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:50 AM
NEW
Staging Lane

True, but will they be worth anymore money? Only time will tell. I don't know if it is true or not but I have heared that the 69 camaro Z/28s came with the (optional) factory crossram intake and carbs in the trunk to be istalled by the dealers.
Those intakes never came in the trunk, they where a performance part available over the counter. So they wherent an option available on the "option" list when ordering the car, The trunk part is an myth, never actually happened.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:51 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Correct,I heard that rumor to about the Z's but its not true.U could order them over the counter.Now if u had paperwork that proved the bigger solid cam,headers and cross ram went in at the dealership that would make the car worth more to me...

To a collector I would think so too...
I dont think having a GMMG car sent back for options would hurt it at all
Old 12-13-2007, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NEW
HA HA HA HA what the ***** are you made of???? WOOOD?

Took you 4 pages of thread/answers before you saw my post?

Tells me a lot of how much you put into reading the stuff beeing posted here, and me having two friends or not, you wouldnt know, but from your posting, i know that you are pretty lame.
I try to ignore people like you, because of your choice of words. Thanks for letting me know how some of you really are.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NEW
Those intakes never came in the trunk, they where a performance part available over the counter. So they wherent an option available on the "option" list when ordering the car, The trunk part is an myth, never actually happened.
Finally someone who knows it all.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Making enemies left and right I see.... Step away from the keyboard
Old 12-13-2007, 12:59 PM
NEW
Staging Lane

I do not know it all, but am lucky enough to know quit a bit about 69's. I am actually lucky enough to have a 69 Z for the last 11 years with a crossram intake, and a fiberglass hood, on top of that i actually have a second crossram intake in my parts room..

On that post, i just tried to explain you what i have learned about that issue the last 15 years i have been studying and working on 69s.

go to yenko.net and ask there how they think the crossram intakes where supplied and delivered, they should now.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

I don't know how in hell sending a GMMG car back to GMMG to be upgraded could possibly effect the true value of the car. Hell, my #51 was delivered stock, converted to a C5R 427 NA, the tuner couldn't make it run, converted to a ProCharged C5R 427, tuner still couldn't make it run so he converted it back to NA AND STILL COULDN'T MAKE IT RUN!!

So I finally had it converted to a Phase II+ something and it runs like a Banshi!! Who cares? I don't, and that's what matters.

Quick Reply: Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!