Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jordan You are to stop all work on the house for 1 year 5 months and 2 weeks
Then I will gladly take that 97 SS LT4 off your hands
Hey Greg, if you buy it now, you won't be subjected to inflation, surcharges and my cost of living increases! Who knows what I'll want for her in 1 year 5 months 1 week 23hrs 59 minutes?

As far as the clock, you'd have to speak to J.D. about it. He's the incredibly talented mastermind behind it.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Default Gmmg

Hope everyone is now happy, including you Camarosss
Old 12-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Default Matt murphy

Holy crap !!! All i was doing was looking for a car .Thanks for taking the time to give us all the info on stuff you probaly did not have to say .

Thanks

I hope camarosss understands !!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Default my old ride

Damn you doug you are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

OK, my $.02 on the GMMG upgrades . . . Does it add value or take away from originality ??

First of all, the original cars were not intended to have options, beyond the emission certified options. Matt Berger's 2000 Berger SS was the first one we modified for him. They don't have emission testing in Grand Rapids and he wasn't worried about GM voiding his warranty. We then built him another head and cam car for his 2001 Berger SS and then one for his buddy, Johnny Benson, the NASCAR driver. Matt's 2001 was featured in a magazine and then we had a bunch of calls from other Berger SS owners wanting the same package as Matt's car. We were warned by GM that the VIN of those cars would have a warranty void in GM's service computer. That didn't stop people, and as long as GM said that they understand that, we could add the upgrades. At that time, we were told that any options added after the accepted base 380hp package could not be sold to the dealer as they would be liable for selling a non-compliant emission vehicle, and heavily fined by the government. Berger Chevy, Tom Henry Chevy and Carl Black Pontiac had to have their customers buy and pay for those items from GMMG directly. There were not many cars and none of those cars had the upgrades on the window stickers, so we created our GMMG third sticker for those items.

The ZL1 project was really the first project that we were given the customers name, as to who was buying the cars, and from that point on, each customer was offered an additional set of options that they could order with their dealer built/GMMG cars. Now, is it fair that we had to go through changes, through the years and some people didn't know other options were available, I didn't think so, so we offered any customer with a GMMG built car, the opportunity to upgrade their cars.

My input on the added value or not is a definate yes. Any dealer built Chevy, Ford or Mopar muscle car from the '60s and '70s are worth more with more options, and especially performance upgrades. For example, take a 1968 COPO Nova, sold through Fred Gibb Chevrolet (stock 396/375hp) and then upgraded with a Dick Harrell 427 package. Those stock 396 cars are worth over $100K and the Dick Harrell upgraded cars are worth up to and well over $200K. A Dick Harrell upgraded 1969 ZL1 is worth more as well. I think anyone will agree that any of the Motion built Camaros are worth much more fully loaded with the Motion engine upgrades. You bought the base cars from Baldwin Chevy and could send them back to Motion Performance for serious HP upgrades. Same thing with Yenko, they offered options and you bought the cars through the dealership and the options through his Yenko Sports Cars, so he didn't violate emissions. Our company and how we do things today has evolved and we keep the most up to date facts with VIN's and HP upgrades on all of our cars. We don't take in street cars and do not offer any GMMG options, except for our exhaust to the general public. We recommend Vengeance Racing for non GMMG cars, and will recommend you take your cars to Mike and Ron for serious HP upgrades. As for stock or modified GMMG cars and keeping the original parts, that's up to the customers, but the collectors of the old muscle cars who have additional HP upgrades from those performance dealers have a car worth much more than a base car . . .
Old 12-11-2007, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by speedtoyz1
Damn you doug you are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Bob I thought you would be at work by now, I could'nt resist its a killer picture
Old 12-11-2007, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GMMG
OK, my $.02 on the GMMG upgrades . . . Does it add value or take away from originality ??

First of all, the original cars were not intended to have options, beyond the emission certified options. Matt Berger's 2000 Berger SS was the first one we modified for him. They don't have emission testing in Grand Rapids and he wasn't worried about GM voiding his warranty. We then built him another head and cam car for his 2001 Berger SS and then one for his buddy, Johnny Benson, the NASCAR driver. Matt's 2001 was featured in a magazine and then we had a bunch of calls from other Berger SS owners wanting the same package as Matt's car. We were warned by GM that the VIN of those cars would have a warranty void in GM's service computer. That didn't stop people, and as long as GM said that they understand that, we could add the upgrades. At that time, we were told that any options added after the accepted base 380hp package could not be sold to the dealer as they would be liable for selling a non-compliant emission vehicle, and heavily fined by the government. Berger Chevy, Tom Henry Chevy and Carl Black Pontiac had to have their customers buy and pay for those items from GMMG directly. There were not many cars and none of those cars had the upgrades on the window stickers, so we created our GMMG third sticker for those items.

The ZL1 project was really the first project that we were given the customers name, as to who was buying the cars, and from that point on, each customer was offered an additional set of options that they could order with their dealer built/GMMG cars. Now, is it fair that we had to go through changes, through the years and some people didn't know other options were available, I didn't think so, so we offered any customer with a GMMG built car, the opportunity to upgrade their cars.

My input on the added value or not is a definate yes. Any dealer built Chevy, Ford or Mopar muscle car from the '60s and '70s are worth more with more options, and especially performance upgrades. For example, take a 1968 COPO Nova, sold through Fred Gibb Chevrolet (stock 396/375hp) and then upgraded with a Dick Harrell 427 package. Those stock 396 cars are worth over $100K and the Dick Harrell upgraded cars are worth up to and well over $200K. A Dick Harrell upgraded 1969 ZL1 is worth more as well. I think anyone will agree that any of the Motion built Camaros are worth much more fully loaded with the Motion engine upgrades. You bought the base cars from Baldwin Chevy and could send them back to Motion Performance for serious HP upgrades. Same thing with Yenko, they offered options and you bought the cars through the dealership and the options through his Yenko Sports Cars, so he didn't violate emissions. Our company and how we do things today has evolved and we keep the most up to date facts with VIN's and HP upgrades on all of our cars. We don't take in street cars and do not offer any GMMG options, except for our exhaust to the general public. We recommend Vengeance Racing for non GMMG cars, and will recommend you take your cars to Mike and Ron for serious HP upgrades. As for stock or modified GMMG cars and keeping the original parts, that's up to the customers, but the collectors of the old muscle cars who have additional HP upgrades from those performance dealers have a car worth much more than a base car . . .
Matt, call me to go over my upgrades on the Tom Henry car, Damn I need more Horse Power........
Old 12-11-2007, 08:13 PM

Very well put!!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Originally Posted by speedtoyz1
Sorry about your clock so are you going to sell #7 please email me the price when you do if you do .About kicking myself i just sold my gmmg car and it is killing me i want it back .MY EMAIL IS ABORN99@GMAIL.COM

I think you misunderstood Jordan...........he was just joking. Go to the next page and read this post...........

Hey Greg, if you buy it now, you won't be subjected to inflation, surcharges and my cost of living increases! Who knows what I'll want for her in 1 year 5 months 1 week 23hrs 59 minutes?

As far as the clock, you'd have to speak to J.D. about it. He's the incredibly talented mastermind behind it.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Thank you for jumping in here to to explain things Matt.

CamaroASS made the statement earlier that we couldn't trust anyone, not even our brother with just a handshake. Anyone reading this thread can surely see why GMMG owners are loyal as Matt Murphy, his company (GMMG) and the folks either who work for him now or have worked for him in the past (i.e., Ron, Mike and/or Billie) are people who have established their reputations and their work with the folks who own their cars.

I am honored to be able to say I know Matt pretty well and trust him and his company completely. I have never been given a reason not to. Matt and his employees have been very helpful to me whenever I have needed their assistance.

I DO BELIEVE that GMMG is the modern day version of Joel Rosen and Motion Performance and I also believe that one day my Phase II ZL1 will be worth considerably more than I paid for it however, if it isn't, I've still had alot of fun owning it and one HELL of a ride ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Old 12-11-2007, 08:46 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Keep in mind that the '69 ZL1s, Yenkos, 427 vettes that are going for astronomical numbers are rarely SURVIVORS but are pieced together from correct parts. The value is still there. Find me a survivor ZL1 that has been converted to a 327 but still has all the original parts and I'll show you a very valuable car. Could you imagine having a survivor ZL1 with what would be in effect a new ZL1 engine (in or out of the car!).

BTW - I happened to see and have many photos of ZL1 cars with the engines pulled. When you deal with people like Matt, Ron and Mike who have integrity you can indeed trust a hand shake. Their reputation rides on every thing they do and say and they know that. I trust them. Just wish I hadn't taken #51 to somebody I THOUGHT I could trust. But I will still argue that having the only ZL1 built by the only living racer who was given a free ZL1 to race would have been a very valuable car. Damn it!! Damn you LWA.

Sorry....lost it there for a minute....I think NEW got me fired up.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
In regards to upgrading GMMG cars after point of purchase IMHO, has devalued the car . . . please don't hate me but that is my opinion. The car is only ORIGINAL if it was ordered that way - from the Dealer.

Sending the car back to GMMG does make for a some great power upgrades, but I question if it really increases it's value . . . granted one can keep all the original parts, and put it back.

Just my 2 cents, for what it is worth.

I don't think it's simple to define.People buy these for different reasons-some to drive like they stole,and some to put on stands for the long haul.I have one in the latter category and have had one in the former.P2 cars(especially X versions) are an absolute kick in the pants to drive-without question define muscle car in my book-not certain they do not retain the same % of resale that say a base car(dealer delivered/emissions certified)with low mileage does.
Then you have the race case cars-which IMO are currentely experiencing an explosive increase in valuation.While not perhaps the BB,35th,or Berger cars, certainly any ZL1 or DH P3 are well over six figures in this soft market where two years ago in a hard 1st gen market they could be had all day for well under that.That 180 signals to me collectors are aware of peaked valuations in old school muscle and are positioning for percieved value(s) in future ones. I wonder how many people actually know the block in the P3 cars are the same one's that have been winning everything from Lemans to Daytona to Sebring in the factory Vette's the last few years.GM won't be making that block much longer,when the music stops they will be sealed in time just like the L88's with similar multiple sports car victories to it's credit.

I have an old friend who sold his P3ZL1 a year or so ago,including his base LS6 #"s matching engine that he bought back- because he speculated the bottom would fall out on them due to the fifth gen coming out..I shoulda pulled the trigger!
(Stevie-if you're readin this don't be hatin you still have another one)

At the end of the day any GMMG built example with the lowest miles will always command the most collector interest-because you know they haven't been rode hard and put away wet.Having much more old stuff that new,I can tell you with complete conviction it's all about #'s matching driveline and as much documentation as you can get.That's what I love about the GMMG cars-all have brass riveted i.d tags in the A pillar,and meticulous documentation(Jordan,remember your 35th that didn't have any when you got it?)which limits the cloning-something the old market is rife with and has hurt the hobby greatly.They have taken great strides in assuring the fakes won't have a chance down the road (and they have been out there for years already)

Time will tell but I think history will relate Matt's passion for GM performance
far exceeded monetary interest alone.GM brass was cluless as to the heritage of these cars!! If it hadn't been for guys like Scott S.,John Moss,and the crew in Murrietta a four decade long platform would have died with a sticker and tape job Z4C.You really have to tip your hat to Matt,Mike,and Ron for building some bad to the bone bullet proof hot rods.

Just my .02 and that's truly all it's worth!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:00 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

All true U2 and you'll never see yourself coming the other way in GMMG car....at least not a ZL1 or DH.
To me these cars are a lot like resto-mods (which are going up every year) and their appeal is the fun factor. Old cars look a whole lot better sitting still and looking pretty than taking a curve at 75mph!!! The GMMG does both......with the A/C on!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Teching In

WOW

Matt it is nice to see that you are out here listening in our world. I want to thank you for making the cars that we all love.

THANKS AGAIN!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Just another picture to rubb in!!!!HAHAHA
Old 12-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSLTFOUR
I have to sell one of my cars to help pay for a house renovation and to help pay for my new GMMG Dick Harrell that's on order. .

What cars are they using to build the Dick Harrell Camaros? Are they using cars that are already GMMG cars and upgrading them? Or are they using SS’s or Z28’s and turning them into Dick Harrell Camaros? If their using Z28’s or SS’s, what’s the mileage when you get the car? I wouldn’t think someone would want to take their ZL1, Intimidator, or any other GMMG car and turn it into a Dick Harrell Camaro. I know they won’t work on your car if it’s not a GMMG car already; I’m just wondering if they go out and buy Camaros to turn them into the Dick Harrell Camaro.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here’s a copy of the brochure for the Intimidator Camaro-

My dad and I visited his dealership back in April of 2001. Number 8, 9, 10 were there in the parking lot. My dad asked about buying one but they were all sold. The salesman was real nice and let us take a look them. I wish my dad was able to buy one. If I can find the pictures we took I’ll post them up.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camarosss
Do you have any pictures of your car with out the phase 1 engine in it?
Here is a picture of my GMMG Performance Edition Camaro from the bottom looking up with the engine out and being upgraded to the Phase II 6X!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by grb
All true U2 and you'll never see yourself coming the other way in GMMG car....at least not a ZL1 or DH.
To me these cars are a lot like resto-mods (which are going up every year) and their appeal is the fun factor. Old cars look a whole lot better sitting still and looking pretty than taking a curve at 75mph!!! The GMMG does both......with the A/C on!
\

Ray,fun factor hits it right on the head..with the A/C on naturally!

Here's a stocking stuffer that will look good next to your HOSS-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/52-of...QQcmdZViewItem

"BURGER" prescribed power!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

These aren't ZL-1's, but they are GMMG Camaros!
Here are my two GMMG 35th Anniversary Performance Editions Camaro SS/LE's. The Vert is a Phase III 630+ hp, the Coupe is a Phase II+6X 550+ hp .............and the 30th Anniversary is the LT-4 #100!
Yes. I am another owner that kept the original LS-6 engine out of my Phase III Camaro SS/LE!

Thank you Matt for making dreams come true for all of us!

Jordan,
That Intimidator is mine!

Quick Reply: Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!