Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 380SS
I'm the one that owns the #22 Tom Henry. After reading that some of the folks are having second thoughts after they sold their GMMG car, I've decided to NOT sell mine.

Even though I've changed out some of the suspension, I still maintain all the stock components to put it back to a full GMMG car. And yes, it was driven pretty hard. I did some SCCA and a couple HPDEs.

I appreciate the input from all, not so much from some. But nonetheless, I’ve leaned new things about GMMG cars.

Thanks

Patrick Strobel
US Army
Baghram, Afghanistan
Nice car I think you are smart keeping it. I miss mine im still in the search for a gmmg car nothing yet .
Old 12-20-2007, 08:24 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

I have argued for years that the GMMG cars will one day be the equivalent of the Yenkos. Even if they don't you will still have a great car to enjoy!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!

Originally Posted by grb
I have argued for years that the GMMG cars will one day be the equivalent of the Yenkos. Even if they don't you will still have a great car to enjoy!
I agree with you Ray 100% ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Old 12-21-2007, 04:16 AM
Staging Lane

I agree Norm, thanks. Since living in Colorado for the past four years I almost had forced induction put on, I'm glad I held out. Now I'm on orders to move back to the east coast where I'll get back some lost HP. I really do enjoy running in the SCCA, and the HPDE's were a blast. I really want the Ph II installed, and now I'll be geographically located closer to GMMG, so it looks more like a possibility.

Patrick

Originally Posted by blackbird4
Patrick, Dont worry about what these folks say about these cars. It's yours, you paid for it so just drive it how you want to. I have Nitto's, I have nitrous, I have a Strange 12 bolt with 4:10's. 455 at the wheels + 100 shot and I drive the shiat out of it. Hell I even have a TV in the thing. Just enjoy and do what you want with YOUR car.................Norm
Old 12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Found this @ cars on line.
2000 Chevy Camaro SS

Chevy Camaro SS. 2002 ZL1 engine installed in car by GMMG. #41 of 69 made 427 C.I. / 500 hp Phase II aluminum, 1,100 miles on engine, 18,000 miles on car. Black / Black leather - 6 spd. w/ Z06 clutch + aluminum flywheel - 4.10 gears - headers - Gm chambered exhaust - BMR lower control arms, BMR strut tower brace, BMR torque arm, BMR pan hard rod, SLP sub frame connectors, SLP line lock - Chrome Z06 wheels - Nitto Drag Radials on all 4 wheels - Monsoon 12 disc CD changer system - T-tops - Ram air hood - PROFESSIONALLY BUILT - garage kept - mint condition.
Price - $ 32,000

Tell-A-Friend
Notify a friend about this vehicle for sale
Click Here for automatic referral form. Call (717) 632-4222
Hanover, Pennsylvania USA
Send Owner an Email
Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That car is nothing more than a SS with GMMG engine.
Its not a GMMG car.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JS
Its not a GMMG car.
I know that its not a gmmg car but he is advertising that one of the ZL1 phase 2 engines has been installed in it from gmmg.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:03 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea I remember someone saying he bought it out of a ZL1 or it was an extra engine
I really forget the true story,I wouldnt touch this car..
Old 12-21-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JS
Got to ask..................

How do you know its a true GMMG engine?....?....?....?
Old 12-22-2007, 04:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JS
Yea I remember someone saying he bought it out of a ZL1 or it was an extra engine
I really forget the true story,I wouldnt touch this car..
If you look at the pics on the web site (cars on line) of the engine ...... it has something stamped on the pass. side head, really can't make out what it says. The engine alone should be worth at least half what he's asking for the car. He has the same ad on another site for 28k.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

The cylinder heads have "GMMG INC" stamped in them along with what I belive is either an ID # or part #, not sure which(could be neither), but they def have the GMMG Stamp of approval!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
The cylinder heads have "GMMG INC" stamped in them along with what I belive is either an ID # or part #, not sure which(could be neither), but they def have the GMMG Stamp of approval!
I've seen quite a few Intimidators, Blackbirds and Tom Henry cars. None of them had 'GMMG INC' stamped on the engines.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

On the phase 1 cars GMMG was stamped on top of the throttle body. On my car which has the P2X package with LS6 heads it has GMMG and maybe the install date on front of passenger side head. I will have to look tomorrow maybe take a picture.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Launching!

The base cars received CNC match ported exhaust manifolds that had the specific car #,model,and company copyright stamped on the pass side-

P2 cars had the pass cyl head stamped w MC's initials, model and car #,date of build,level of package,and company copyright..here's a pic of my old BB P2X-

As far as the car in question,here's the ad before played scrabble with letters in the text and posted it up here to stir the pot

http://www.cars-on-line.com/28909.html

Psst..there aren't any 500 h.p. 427's,and GMMG doesn't work on cars they didn't initially build.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
The base cars received CNC match ported exhaust manifolds that had the specific car #,model,and company copyright stamped on the pass side-

P2 cars had the pass cyl head stamped w MC's initials, model and car #,date of build,level of package,and company copyright..here's a pic of my old BB P2X-

As far as the car in question,here's the ad before played scrabble with letters in the text and posted it up here to stir the pot

http://www.cars-on-line.com/28909.html

Psst..there aren't any 500 h.p. 427's,and GMMG doesn't work on cars they didn't initially build.
GMMG is what he mint to say. YOU should know that, and your name calling does'nt help your personallity ANY. I just hope the rest of the GMMG owners are not quiet like you and some of the others on this thread.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camarosss
GMMG is what he mint to say. YOU should know that, and your name calling does'nt help your personallity ANY. I just hope the rest of the GMMG owners are not quiet like you and some of the others on this thread.

Camarosss…………………..before you are so critical of others, you need to read your own posts first! ! ! ! You should invest in a good spelling and grammar check program. The word “meant” is spelled "meant", not "mint". A “mint” is something you suck on to improve the smell of your breath so that you might make a favorable impression on people (which you have failed to accomplish here in this thread). The word “doesn’t” is "doesn’t", not "does’nt" and “personality” is spelled “personality” not “personallity”. You need to learn where to put the apostrophe in words such as "doesn't" ! ! ! And finally the word “quite” is spelled “quite”, not “quiet” which is something you should be. And as for us GMMG owners, we are glad that all the LS1tech folks aren’t like you ! ! ! ! I'm also glad that all the GMMG owners are not "quiet", which you should be. All of them that I have met and/or corresponded with are GREAT folks and I am pleased to call many of them my friends ! ! ! !
Old 12-24-2007, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

whoo giivess aa dammnn iff hee spelleed someethinnggg wronnngg
Old 12-24-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mycar2fast
whoo giivess aa dammnn iff hee spelleed someethinnggg wronnngg
He made such a big deal about it in the post above................just thought I would point out his errors.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Default gmmg car

Merry christmas to all of you.No need to get rude today!!! Its almost xmas. All I was doing was looking for a car and one person went crazy,and you guys jumped all over him i guess camarosss Is just trying to leave what he feels thats his own opinon. Which wrong or correct its just his opinon .Maybe one day if he has a car he will bring it out, or maybe he is all talk i hope one day we find out who he or she is or what his or her name is?

Merry christmas !!!!!! Even you camarosss!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 10:12 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Please notice the smiley faces JD posted! No rudeness there.
Hell, lot's of stoopid peeple kant spel. <----see, that means J/K and have no intention of killing you right now.

Quick Reply: Looking for a gmmg car!!!!!