Bogart PRICE INCREASE FORTHCOMING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 06:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bogart PRICE INCREASE FORTHCOMING!!!!

Bogart customers and folks on the fence, if your considering ordering our wheels, you need to get on the ball...we have a major price increase coming up on the 15th of this month.

Please call us to set up your needs and lock yourself into the lower pricing.

412 508 0634
Old 01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much of an increase is it
Old 01-13-2006, 03:15 PM
FormerVendor

We haven't a price increase in a few years...which is overdue especially with the drastic increase in price of materials. They have sky-rocketed. Folks will be looking at approx a 15% price increase which is substantual. If your planning on purchasing wheels, NOW is the time to put a hold on a set.

Steve
Old 01-13-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW! Everything is going up in '06!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
WOW! Everything is going up in '06!
Everything except my income!

Stinks, I was planning on buying some bogarts in the off-season, but I jumped in on a Fast 90 GP and a hood GP in the last two weeks. So no money for wheels til tax returns come in march/april.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

I realize these are custom wheels but $768 is pretty steep price already for two rear wheels for our F bodies. That's what you quoted me for my Camaro. That would be $883 now for two wheels. Little bit out of most of our price range already.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Larry
I realize these are custom wheels but $768 is pretty steep price already for two rear wheels for our F bodies. That's what you quoted me for my Camaro. That would be $883 now for two wheels. Little bit out of most of our price range already.
but if you want a superior wheel then you gotta pay to play

im glad i did once i recieved my fronts i have no regrets
Old 01-14-2006, 05:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

That's similar to the price of Alumastars, so I think Bogart is making a mistake.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
That's similar to the price of Alumastars, so I think Bogart is making a mistake.
I'd have to agree They make a nice product, but....
Old 01-14-2006, 08:57 PM
FormerVendor

Why would it be a mistake? We manufacture a lighter designed wheel and is high in quality?

When your purchasing a high-end wheel, we do not low-ball product just to sell it as a cheaper alternative. You are receiving a custom built wheel.

We are not selling a customer a "one-size fits most" wheel. It is not a "take it or leave it approach" We truly work very hard meeting the needs of our customers and building wheels for them. We have greater choices available to meet more needs of our customers. Larger backspace considerations, better sizes etc.

If anything our products should be higher priced especially since you will not find the service we provide...warranty service, repair service AND choices is higher then weld products in my opinion.

Steve
Old 01-14-2006, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Well.....I guess that settles that...
Old 01-15-2006, 01:47 AM
9 Second Club

Holy crap and to think I knew nothing about the price increase coming when I decided to order my Bogarts from you on Thursday! Glad I took the plunge earlier!

Thanks for the great deal man... I can't wait to get them on the GTO and relaly start cutting the 60s the car deserves! Trapped 130 tonight. Now if I can just get it to hook up it should see some mid-high 10s no problem!
Old 01-15-2006, 05:18 AM
TECH Addict

Suggestion Steve,

Offer a group purchase (manufacturer a large run) wheel in your lightest style for F bodies in the $900/$1000 delivered range for four and I'll by a set. That should eliminate the "custom" and get the price down for us poorer folks.

You do make a quality product and I would be proud to run a set on my car.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

I'm having my rear wheels redone with a bigger custom backspacing.That's something
you CAN'T get done by Weld.

Bogart should come out with a cheaper wheel for people who don't want to pay
for the high end stuff, but so far they haven't.
I love my Bogarts, and I love SJM's customer service. Quality costs money and
you get what you pay for.

Larry- 900.00- 1,000.00 for Bogarts isn't going to happen unless you find them used.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Juggernaut
I'm having my rear wheels redone with a bigger custom backspacing.That's something
you CAN'T get done by Weld.

Bogart should come out with a cheaper wheel for people who don't want to pay
for the high end stuff, but so far they haven't.
I love my Bogarts, and I love SJM's customer service. Quality costs money and
you get what you pay for.

Larry- 900.00- 1,000.00 for Bogarts isn't going to happen unless you find them used.
We do have an economy series 2 piece which are close in pricing to the weld and centerline economy wheels but they don't work out well for F-bodies or larger caliper car applications. ....thus the reason why I don't mention too much about it in here.

The design process is quite extensive. There is alot of hand work involved in building the wheels. Keeping up with the current demand is a constant battle. We pride ourselves on quality, customer service and continued support. GP's are not something we typically do.

It does come down to our wheels aren't for everyone. The billet series wheels...some can't find it in their budget or other reasons to purchase them...that is ok. The folks that do have them or purchased them realize that they have something that is special, unique, custom built and unique.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

GP would be nice
Old 01-15-2006, 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

While they are VERY nice wheels, they are overpriced any way you look at it.. (IN MY OPINION) The majority of us don't need a "custom" wheel. So, thats why "most" of us buy from Weld or Centerline. And you can actually drive on the street with a Weld or Centerline wheel without it looking like you beat the **** out of it with a ball ping hammer. For those of you that have money running out your *** go right ahead and spend $1500 on a set of wheels, but the "majority" of us don't have that kind of cash for a freakin set of wheels that we can't run on the street.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

$800 for Pro Stars vs $1600 for Bogarts is getting to be a huge difference.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

$800 for Pro Stars vs $1600 for Bogarts is getting to be a huge difference.
Is a callies 2000.00 crank the same as an eagle 1000.00 crank????

That would be a valid point if the wheels were in the same class. I don't want to create arguements here, we need to be comparing apples to apples.

Weld high-end wheels are in direct comparison to our wheels...also price IS in direct comparison. They do not offer the service and benifit of our wheels...we also can create a lighter setup...so the choice is up to you.

Comparing a ferrari to a fiero isn't a comparison. You can't compare a 100,000.00 car to a 10,000.00 car. You can't compare a take-off wheel to a fiske wheel either....price is completly different as well as quality!

If you did want to compare a prostar to our wheels....well our construction is night and day difference...we're about 30% lighter, we custom fit our wheel....put a car with our wheels on it compared to a prostar wheel...I think there is a clear winner from an appearance standpoint. Compare a weld-high-end to our wheels...well we are similar priced, we have MUCH more choices regarding styles, backspace, build types. We have lighter setups.

If you're a Wall-mart shopper, you're not going to go to Neiman Marcus for higher-end products.

If you don't want to spend the money on them...then don't. Stay with less expensive wheels. If you don't like fiske high-end wheels or other high-end wheels, then stick with take-offs.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
While they are VERY nice wheels, they are overpriced any way you look at it.. (IN MY OPINION) The majority of us don't need a "custom" wheel. So, thats why "most" of us buy from Weld or Centerline. And you can actually drive on the street with a Weld or Centerline wheel without it looking like you beat the **** out of it with a ball ping hammer. For those of you that have money running out your *** go right ahead and spend $1500 on a set of wheels, but the "majority" of us don't have that kind of cash for a freakin set of wheels that we can't run on the street.

I'll comment to this one also...NO you cannot drive weld wheels on the street legally either. It is COMPLETELY NOT SAFE NOR LEGAL. You have just as much of a chance bending a weld prostar/draglite as one of our wheels. Actually from an over 5 year history of F-bodies, it seems since most of you guys are using them on the street, the chances of bending one of our is very slim since I can count less then 10 folks whom have ever damaged one of our wheels. Our wheels can be repaired and rather inexpensivly through us as a courtesy. Ask weld to provide such services...I've heard they are not so helpful.... The front wheel IS the issue and takes the majority of stress and is the wheels that are of major concern!

If your purchasing a weld wheel and considering them to be so less expensive, then you're obviously looking at welds inexpensive cheaper wheels as you wouldn't be saying that if you compared them to welds high-end wheels which blow away the economy prostars/draglites. You must feel that the weld high-end wheels are very overpriced and not worth it either. I think Tony would agree that his new wheels blow away his old wheels and completely make his car look 100x better. Since a wheel essentially MAKES a car and greatly effects its appearance...why do you see guys spending 1500.00-2500.00 for wheels??

Quick Reply: Bogart PRICE INCREASE FORTHCOMING!!!!