Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stupid ricer. JOKE OF THE YEAR! Stupid SOB

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 01:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stupid ricer. JOKE OF THE YEAR! Stupid SOB

A few months back, I revved the Z up on this guy in a Talon. It had a huge intercooler on it with a loud blowoff valve. Wheels, carbon fiber hood, the usual ricer dress. He told me that my car sounded cute. Isn't that sweet? Anyways, a friend flagged him down tonight to get him to run me. He had a stock turbo, and boltons. We asked him what it ran an he said, "I built it to run 10.9's or better." I was about to call BULL$#IT on him. Stock turbo, no way. He had no nitrous either. I asked him about internal work. Here is the list:

forged pistons, aluminum rods, head work, and polished crank. Oh, it was also bored 40 over.

I asked him what the displacement was bumped up to. He said he didn't know, but I could look at his receipts in the glove box. Then he said he couldn't get an exact figure on the displacement because he put a 5-layer head gasket on it! That's right, a head gasket that changes displacement. I guess they make those for Talons. I was like, that has nothing to do with it man. Bore x stroke is displacement. He had no come back. He said he could safely spin the motor up to 13,000RPMs on stock programming!!!!!!! The factory limit is probably 7,000RPM's. What a *******.

Now it gets really funny. We looked at my car. He wanted to know what it runs, and I told the truth. "It won't beat your 10.9's", I said, "but it did run 12.0 on street tires on motor". Then he asked about the bottle. I told him it wasn't hooked up and I even showed him. He said he would run me, but he wanted to go find his buddy so he could watch the race. He left and never came back.

Bottom line is, he didn't want to get his @$$ smoked by a 12 second American POS because everyone would know he doesn't even run 13's or 14's. But instead, everyone will now know he is slow cuz he renigged on his word to run my 12sec Z that he should be able to run circles around.

Ricers. Gotta love'em. ******* idiots. If he did all that motor work, blueprinting, balancing blah blah blah, I think he should know a head gasket won't affect displacement. 10.9's on a stock turbo with no bottle. What a lying ******* ricer punk. This shows that they don't know ****. Him at least, but probably most.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stupid ricer. JOKE OF THE YEAR! Stupid SOB

thats happened to me before, they say "yeah, I'll be right back, I have to fix something then I'll run you I promise", then those little **** siccles never come back, car you say "*****"
Old 10-19-2003, 01:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha, gotta love the ricers. That's a classic ricer story, right there.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:59 AM
TECH Regular

WTF..the intercooler was probably just some fake show piece then too ..why the hell bother with a FMIC for a stock turbo
Old 10-19-2003, 06:46 AM
Staging Lane

As I own a Camaro and a Talon TSi, let me be the first to say that the DSM community does NOT in any way shape or form claim the ricer-idiot noted above. If you have future encounters with said idiot please lay large amounts of rubber across his forehead..
Old 10-19-2003, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

we need to get bumper stickers that say *** on them, so as these tools drive off, we can slap them on their car, the funny thing is, they will drive around with them on forever, because it will get lost in the other melee of stickers...nice punk down on the ricer
Old 10-19-2003, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

As I own a Camaro and a Talon TSi, let me be the first to say that the DSM community does NOT in any way shape or form claim the ricer-idiot noted above. If you have future encounters with said idiot please lay large amounts of rubber across his forehead..
Yea i know a couple DSM guys and they are nothing like that. Actually pretty intelligent. Company around here Xtreme motorsports does some pretty bad *** stuff. Very impressive to see those AWD cars run too
Old 10-19-2003, 01:20 PM
STF Veteran

What a beyatch! BTW- did he say what company mkes those head gaskets??? I want one. Wonder how much they go for.
J/K!
Old 10-19-2003, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

NICE! What a dumbazzz. He probably stacked up 5 stock head gaskets to "bump" up compression. Stupid ricers... Fast and The Fruitless..
Be sure to hunt him down somenight and whup his ***, be sure to have the bottle hooked up to really make it hurt.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

WOW i still like how he said it was a 5 layered, i have 7 layered gaskets on my little 302 in my bronco, hell i think that it should be about a 310 according to how many cubes it adds! wow what a moron, you forgot one thing to do Dragon!. . . . Bitch slap the **** out of that moron!
Old 10-20-2003, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

So those gaskets are what I like to call "devils food cake!!"" Should have asked him if he "frosted" them before putting them in!!! He might have said yes
Old 10-20-2003, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

I met a really smart DSM guy at Rock Falls raceway in wisconsin 2 weekends ago. He was running 12.0 at 117-118 in an AWD lazer. On 1.8 60' the internals were untouched. Some of them DSM's are ****** mean.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:54 PM
FormerVendor

I met a really smart DSM guy at Rock Falls raceway in wisconsin 2 weekends ago. He was running 12.0 at 117-118 in an AWD lazer. On 1.8 60' the internals were untouched. Some of them DSM's are ****** mean.
I guarantee it wasn't a stock turbo system though. No way would that time be attainable. Maybe with nitrous. He would almost have to have internal work done to spray a shot big enough to launch him to 12 flat though.

Quick Reply: Stupid ricer. JOKE OF THE YEAR! Stupid SOB