Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 ss vs 99-04 mach1

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
No one is downplaying the Mach or its ability to perform. What we are saying is that a full exhaust/intake M6 will trap quite a bit more than 105-106, which should equal quite a bit more than 2-3 cars.

For reference, since noride stated what his car did stock, here's what my M6 SS did with a full exhaust/intake:12.87 @ 112mph with a terrible 60' (2.0 thanks to nittos, 10 bolt and 18" rims) in 90 degree weather. DA was around 27-3000 (typical for the track I run at in the summer months). Yea, the ET sucks and is dependent on a better 60' but the trap speed is what tells the tale.
I'm just tired of big hammer's bowtie biast bullshit posts. He's as ignorant as the come on mustangs. It's to be expected being a n00b though.

And BH.....for reference, I have roll raced an M6 SLP Z28 in my old DSG bolt on/tuned mach (putting down less power than that car). So don't tell me machs can't hang from a roll. we were bumper to bumper. Even he was shocked. A Lot of guys jump into cars and race them, and have no idea when the best shift points are, etc.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSickLS1
touche' my friend touche'
Originally Posted by ponygt65
I'm just tired of big hammer's bowtie biast bullshit posts. He's as ignorant as the come on mustangs. It's to be expected being a n00b though.

And BH.....for reference, I have roll raced an M6 SLP Z28 in my old DSG bolt on/tuned mach (putting down less power than that car). So don't tell me machs can't hang from a roll. we were bumper to bumper. Even he was shocked. A Lot of guys jump into cars and race them, and have no idea when the best shift points are, etc.
^^This, my friends, is what keyboard racing is all about.^^
Old 08-16-2009, 03:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
i'm just trying to educate here--- apples for apples a mach is not the ls1's equal rival like you try to say. i never say machs are **** cars or anything, so you really gotta start wearing looser panties there buddy

agreed--- that's why guys like you think a mach can hang with an ls1 from a roll.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by big hammer
agreed--- that's why guys like you think a mach can hang with an ls1 from a roll.
how much power does your car make ?
Old 08-16-2009, 07:35 PM
9 Second Club

Bottom line, LS1 > Mach 1. Period. Point. Blank.

No matter how much you whiney Ford boys in here try and make it out to be... All that yapping about different drivers, different tracks, DA's and so on....it's as simple as this: Take the quickest/fastest times of an LS1 F-body and compare them with the quickest/fastest times of a 03-04 Mach, and there you have it! No Mach will ever trap 108-109mph, or run 12's in the 1/4 mile unless it's modded. Period. There is nothing else to it.

The LS1 is the more powerful, faster car. Pick your panties up off the floor and deal with it.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00

No matter how much you whiney Ford boys in here try and make it out to be... All that yapping about different drivers, different tracks, DA's and so on....it's as simple as this: Take the quickest/fastest times of an LS1 F-body and compare them with the quickest/fastest times of a 03-04 Mach, and there you have it! No Mach will ever trap 108-109mph, or run 12's in the 1/4 mile unless it's modded. Period. There is nothing else to it.

The LS1 is the more powerful, faster car. Pick your panties up off the floor and deal with it.
both cars have run 12's STOCK period. no matter how much you whiney gm boys deny it BOTH cars run door to door in stock trim. if you dont like it tough luck. point, period, blank blah blah. trap speed isnt everything in drag racing. i dont think anyone will deny that a ls1 has a better top end charge to it. i dont think that anyone will deny that both drivers being equal from a roll the ls1 has the edge. from a dead stop by the top of 4th gear stock for stock the cars are as close to even as you're gonna get.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

I can't remember any GM ***** telling me at the track "well I lost but I trapped higher then you" guess I haven't run into you yet Arctic. Who gives a flying **** about trap speed if you lose. And MANY stock LS1's have went down to stock Machs. Just like many stock Machs have gone down to stock ls1'S. You want to live in your fantasy world arctic fine by me.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
how much power does your car make ?
Curious, how much does that sweet stang of yours make?

I'm at 816whp from a GM "V6" and still counting....................
Old 08-16-2009, 08:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
I can't remember any GM ***** telling me at the track "well I lost but I trapped higher then you" guess I haven't run into you yet Arctic. Who gives a flying **** about trap speed if you lose. And MANY stock LS1's have went down to stock Machs. Just like many stock Machs have gone down to stock ls1'S. You want to live in your fantasy world arctic fine by me.
Pshhhh plz....I'll leave the Crapmaro at home and let the "grocery getter" Benz put you to shame sonny boy.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

The Mach and LS1 are about equal drivers races with the advantage to the LS1. PERIOD. Jesus ******* Christ do we have to have a 3+ page thread with the same old bullshit from the same ******* people once a week?
Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
The Mach and LS1 are about equal drivers races with the advantage to the LS1. PERIOD. Jesus ******* Christ do we have to have a 3+ page thread with the same old bullshit from the same ******* people once a week?
Old 08-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quit being a bitch, this isnt a dick measuring contest. If you think a stock Mach 1 isnt a good match for a stock LS1, you are an idiot. And know one care how much power your GN makes in an ls1 vs 4v thread.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Pshhhh plz....I'll leave the Crapmaro at home and let the "grocery getter" Benz put you to shame sonny boy.
Umm...not unless you have done some heavy modding to that hitlermobile since you posted on your sig.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by supernova1972
Quit being a bitch, this isnt a dick measuring contest. If you think a stock Mach 1 isnt a good match for a stock LS1, you are an idiot. And know one care how much power your GN makes in an ls1 vs 4v thread.
Oh Plz. Your lineup of vehicles in your sig SUCKS! Your probably inbred and were fed Corn & Beans all your life! When you buy something worth a POS then you can talk to me.

Thank you,
Arctic
Old 08-16-2009, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Think he's just stirring the ****, and we always bite. I just assumed he was a complete idiot. Maybe he is a little smarter than I gave him credit for...Nah
Old 08-16-2009, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

it make 24 horsepower
on a side note if your gn makes 816 rwhp and only runs 9.50's there is something wrong with it. you must suck at setting up a g body because my buddys t type runs 9.70's with 200 less horse.

Last edited by Dynotune04; 08-16-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

You could make 1000RWHP from that lesabre. And it will still sound like an impacted colon letting go when it runs.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Umm...not unless you have done some heavy modding to that hitlermobile since you posted on your sig.
Doesn't take heavy modding. This car didn't run mid-high 13's from the factory like yours did. But i'm almost positive you didn't know that!

And unlike most of you pretendo's i've got slips/vids to prove it!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Doesn't take heavy modding. This car didn't run mid-high 13's from the factory like yours did. But i'm almost positive you didn't know that!

And unlike most of you pretendo's i've got slips/vids to prove it!
going off of the mods to his mach 1 and the time slips of the benz you got. id say that mach would leave you saying maybe i should have kept my mouth shut.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
it make 24 horsepower
on a side note if your gn makes 816 rwhp and only runs 9.50's there is something wrong with it. you must suck at setting up a g body because my buddys t type runs 9.70's with 200 less horse.
I know a buddy who knows a buddy who knows another buddy.....