Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raffling my car, mods sticky?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Default Raffling my car, mods sticky?

(Guys, I am posting this in our SRK section to show support)

Copied from https://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...ds-sticky.html

" Hopefully a mod will sticky this, I would appreciate it!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

For the benefit of Mr. Sam Dennis who is battling cancer, we are offering for raffle a highly modified black 2002 Z28, 408 cubic inch, 850+ HP, blown, all built, clean, pump gas 9 second car. Car is legally sold as-is where is and is not legal for street use on US highways due to emission controls removed. The car is able to be run on the road if so desired, but not legal and should only be driven by individuals with proper training to handle a high powered vehicle-so car is to be driven at the new owners risk. There are 1000 tickets being sold at $40 each or 3 tickets for $100. Checks or money orders will be accepted and should be mailed to Gary E. Meyer 204 Browning Road Merchantville, NJ 08109 and is the designated administrator of the raffle. Payments will be made out to Mr. Sam Dennis and upon receipt an email confirmation will be mailed out with your ticket number only and will correlate to the ticket number drawn. At no time will the administrator purchase the tickets and drawing will be in a public place in Southern New Jersey on Saturday October 24, 2009 at 12 noon and ANYONE is welcome to come. Someone else's hand will go and draw from the physical tickets and the tickets will be numbered 1-1000. Owner need not be present to win and would pick up the car and keys in IL at Sam's house. Also, the process is welcomed to be audited afterwards to ensure all tickets are in the container so there is no issues of legitimate process involved and the process will also be videotaped. This car would be as-is, where is and is legally (lol) not street legal because of emissions equipment removed but I am told it should be fine to drive off road on life like roads. All payments would be sent to me personally but the checks and or money orders would be made out to Sam Dennis and not me. Payments then go in bulk to Sam before he turns over keys and will be cashed prior to auction to make sure the tickets are paid for. I get nothing for this expense wise or any other form of direct and or indirect compensation, however I have the legal authority on determining the winner and running the auction, but my books are open before, during and after the sale to any and all folks that enter. This is not tax deductable in any way and only benefits Sam with his ongoing medical expenses. To have a chance of a car with an approximate retail value of $30,000 and help support a great cause, please purchase tickets. For further information please contact Gary Meyer 856-486-7800 from 10-7 Monday through Friday or via email gem@gementerprises.com and I am grateful to have the opportunity to help another American out for Americans by Americans. For a direct contrilbtuion to Sam, please send him a Paypal payment to turbosam6@yahoo.com but you cannot use PayPal for the raffle and please use you for contributions in addition to the raffle, but we need to sell these 1000 tickets, so please spread the word and buy as many as possible. I know snail mail payments are not the easiest, but please everyone just pony up that way for the tickets and BUY A TON ;-) Please spread this message to other car boards or wherver too and thanks. I will post progress on this thread on ticket sales too-thanks. We need to move quickly on this and sell them fast! TY Gary

Gary

Thanks, and best of luck to all who enter!

Sam, aka TS6

Link to car ad:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...econd-car.html "
Old 09-13-2009, 10:03 AM

My money is already on the way. My wife and I will be praying for all tickets to be sold and a wonderful recovery for Sam.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sam's also an ex-Viper owner who posts on Viper Alley (you know...where all those mean and nasty, non-racing Viper guys hangout). Gary, a great guy from S. Jersey is putting this together for Sam. Nice to see people being so generous.
http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anyt...ffle-help.html
S.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

I would like to know how many tickets are left!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to hear what the plan is if all tix aren't sold. Outside of that, I'm in. Badass MF'ing ride...and it's for a great cause. $100 is no big deal to me and I'm in if it helps the cause. Not to mention a 3% chance at winning a wicked LSx car!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Hope all the tickets are sold, cancer isnt a good thing. Mother had it 3 times so I know how rough it can be.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

My STep Mother lost her battle with cancer 3 months ago. My prayers go out to Sam.

Jay - Is there a cutoff to mail the payments to allow for any delay? IE: no checks postmakrked after 10/17/09.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ponygt65
My STep Mother lost her battle with cancer 3 months ago. My prayers go out to Sam.

Jay - Is there a cutoff to mail the payments to allow for any delay? IE: no checks postmakrked after 10/17/09.
Good question, we may have to email the raffle rep.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

can i pay with credit card. -tony-
Old 09-13-2009, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by chvypwr31
can i pay with credit card. -tony-

You can call or email Gary Meyer @
856-486-7800 or gem@gementerprises.com

I just mailed a check. Somebody will get an amazing 02 Camaro and help the guy and his family.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:24 PM

wow. okay im confused. we are having a car show in champaign, IL on the 24th to help out sam dennis. but you are raffeling a car in new jersey? is that related to the champaign show at all? somebody help me out here.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm. car link doesnt work, now someones pointing out a huge discrepency with the supposed drawing taking place another state away on the same day as a big car show thrown for him also?? Would love to buy a ticket or 3 myself, but not until this is straightened out- I'm pretty damned cynical and generally untrustfull of people askin for money. As i'm sure alot of others who are reading this are feeling.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Teching In

Wait a second, I live here in champaign IL and This is starting to sound like someone I raced with my evo the other day, Would this person also have a silver ss 2000ish camaro?

I had no idea about the cancer, I would jump in on the ticket purchase as well since it is a good cause.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

how many tickets left?
Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unit213
I'd like to hear what the plan is if all tix aren't sold. Outside of that, I'm in. Badass MF'ing ride...and it's for a great cause. $100 is no big deal to me and I'm in if it helps the cause. Not to mention a 3% chance at winning a wicked LSx car!
Dont want to sound mean but it would be a 3% chance if only a 100 tickets were sold...
Old 10-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hurleyboy12
Dont want to sound mean but it would be a 3% chance if only a 100 tickets were sold...
Good catch...so much for all that higher math education during school
for engineering.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Is it open to Canada resident?..any tickets left?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

For those of you wondering about the raffle of Sam's car still.....

There was a benefit held for Sam here in IL on Saturday Oct 24th. The car was not (nor ever planned to be) raffled at this event. This event was something his family and friends planned and organized for him. The car is being raffled on Dec 12th. The raffle drawing will be held in New Jersey as stated in post #1. The money is being held by a third party due to legal reasons and all paperwork etc has been drawn up by an attorney. There will be several forms of proof of all tickets making it into the drawing as well as plenty of people around to watch the drawing too. Gary - the raffle coordinator- will not be taking place in this raffle.

This is being done to help offset some of the costs Sam and his family have to go through every month for Sam's medications and treatments.

The car is a badass machine. I have had the pleasure of riding in it, watching it go from stock to what it is today, and well Ive handed him a wrench or two when he was working on it. Ive hung out with Sam quite a bit, for several years actually.....he is a great friend, great father and husband, and a dedicated fbody lover. He works hard for everything he has and is an amazing person. This car means a lot to him, but if raising money through a raffle of his car is a way he can help battle this cancer, then why cant we all help him out. Anyone here would be getting an amazing car as well as helping Sam fight this horrible disease.

If anyone has any concerns feel free to pm me or email Gary.