Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lemons12 VS C6 Zo6

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lemons12 VS C6 Zo6

I pass by this guys house almost everyday on my way to and from work. He has came in my work a few times but I never have talked to him because I haven't had the chance. I actually thought he was more of the stuck up kind that has the car "just because" it is a corvette.... I was wrong!

I'm talking to a friend on the phone (egokiller) and as I pass the guys house with the C6Z I notice he is about to pull out. I didn't think too much of it and just kept driving. There were two vehicles between us so I didn't even pay much attention. They both ended up turning off and I told my buddy that I was going to see if/when he passed me if he would play with me.. My buddy owns a c5Z and laughed an said, "He is going to pass you whether you want him to or not.." I knew this already, but hell.. Its not everyday that you run an ACR AND a C6Zo6 in my area within a week of each other.

He got pretty close to my *** and I told my buddy that I was going to get off the phone just in case he decided to play.. Sure enough right when we hung up he went for the pass. It started as a normal pass and as he was almost past me I gave it just enough gas so he could hear my car......... He heard it!

He down shifted and slammed it and I followed. We were doing about 40mph and it is a bit cold so both of us got a little sideways when we first took off, I hook pretty good at that speed so mine wasn't nearly as violent as his.. He had kicked it before me so pulled about 1 1/2 lengths almost immediately.. We let off around 135mph and he was ahead around 2 1/2-3 lengths ahead of me.
I figured that was it as we slowed back to the speed limit. I stayed a respectable distance back but still ready to bite as soon as he did. We got stuck behind a car sadly... But just as we went for a pass two police Charges went by. I considered that lucky!

As soon as we had a bit of room we both went for a pass.. Both of us again around 35 mph got sideways just a tad.. We made our way through quite few turns at a decent rate of speed.. We went for around 3 miles or so through some turns and what not.. Every time there was a straight away we would kick it up to about 120-130mph and then continue. Every time we did he pulled out just a bit cause he had the kick and then we would stay about dead even till we slowed. I'm sure he wasn't WOT, as I wasn't even on some of the kicks. The first kick I believe was WOT for him though, he got quite sideways, smoke blew out from exhaust, whole nine yards. The other times I think he was just playing as was I.

He ended up turning off about a mile before my house.. I honked a few times and waved and he had a huge grin on his face.. He of course gave it a nice little sideways 1st gear kick after he turned.

Wasn't too much of a race per say.. But it sure as hell was cool as ****! It isn't everyday you get to go through some nice turns and get some friendly kicks in with a C6Z around here. I got a little bit nervous around some of the curves though.. I'm sure that he wasn't sweating anything, that car wasn't anywhere near its limit. I believe he is around 55-60 years of age. I am going to stop by tomorrow on the way to work and see if he wants to meet up with us sometime in town, go to the track, or even a car show. He owned a Supra before the C6, I believe he traded the Supra in. I had heard he had a little more boost and exhaust/intake on the Supra, but no definite on that. I don't know of any mods on the C6, I'm sure it is stock though.

I had fun!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

Nice death. We'd both need some juice to run with one of those from a roll, but get him from a dig and see how long it takes him to come by you.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

nice going homie.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man...Too bad you couldnt race him full on...
If that was indeed a ACR you raced a lil while ago and beat then you would walk away from a stock C6Z06..
As stock 2008 600 HP Vipers walk them good in every vid and trapp a solid 3 mph higher in the 1/4 mile...

a stock 2008 viper against a minor bolt on 470 rwhp c6z06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2j5bDlir_g

a stock 2008 viper against a 550 rwhp head and cam 66z06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt9GyqvRs5Q

Like I said...Too bad you didnt get a real run in because youwould pull him pretty good if you really did hang with an acr..

get a vid man!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Killemall; 12-02-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

not bad dude that new car of yours runs stout for a mild setup
Old 12-02-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice death. We'd both need some juice to run with one of those from a roll, but get him from a dig and see how long it takes him to come by you.
Yea, I know.. I'm pretty sure he will come to the track with us.. I think 100 shot would set me out pretty nice on one from a roll though.

Originally Posted by Killemall
Man...Too bad you couldnt race him full on...
If that was indeed a ACR you raced a lil while ago and beat then you would walk away from a stock C6Z06..
As stock 2008 600 HP Vipers walk them good in every vid and trapp a solid 3 mph higher in the 1/4 mile...

Like I said...Too bad you didnt get a real run in because youwould pull him pretty good if you really did hang with an acr..

get a vid man!!!!!!!!!!
Like I said, I have no idea what would happen between me and the ACR. I don't know if that was everything it had, or no where near what it had. Hell, I wasn't even positive what it was at first!
I know for a fact that a C6Z would roll out on me from a roll. So if an ACR would roll out on it, it is obvious what would happen. From a dig I would get both in the 1/4. Or from a roll with a little juice.

I would have LOVED to get a vid with the c6Zo6, it was just a plain BAD *** experience!!! Along with the ACR just to show that I really did. Sadly I was on my home from work both times and didn't have a camera with me. I'm sure I can talk the C6Z owner into having some fun with us some weekend though!

Originally Posted by stumprrp
not bad dude that new car of yours runs stout for a mild setup
Thanks man, and to all the other compliments! I'm VERY happy with it!

Can't wait till I get some bills paid though. Plans for now are a nicely set of touched up AFRs and 90/90 from Mamo. *Maybe* down the road a slightly larger cam, but I am VERY pleased with this one for now. Hoping to hit 10s 100% full weight, we will see.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Launching!

You seem like a nice guy..happy to meet you and good to see youve had a string of luck to race some kool cars lately...

Coincidently..The koolest cars Ive ever raced was a c6Z06 and Viper ACR...as well as nsx...But I know the owners personally...

But Ive never just ran up on kool cars like that..Hope the good luck continues and be safe while street raceing....Lots of people make fun of me because I wrecked 2 cars street raceing...but the truth is Ive seen all my street raceing buddies almost loose it while raceing me or others....Be Safe and let us know about that Z06
Old 12-03-2009, 04:19 AM
TECH Resident

sounds like fun to me. I personally have ran into a C6Z...and ironically it was the same color. We played tag on the interstate. Niether of us crossed 110 range. Lol both of us were turning heads tho as we passed side by side one another by other cars(6 lane highway)
Old 12-06-2009, 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Killemall
You seem like a nice guy..happy to meet you and good to see youve had a string of luck to race some kool cars lately...

Coincidently..The koolest cars Ive ever raced was a c6Z06 and Viper ACR...as well as nsx...But I know the owners personally...

But Ive never just ran up on kool cars like that..Hope the good luck continues and be safe while street raceing....Lots of people make fun of me because I wrecked 2 cars street raceing...but the truth is Ive seen all my street raceing buddies almost loose it while raceing me or others....Be Safe and let us know about that Z06
Thanks man, you too.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks like fun runs OP!

About the viper, theyre monster for sure. But Z06 can be to, we must not forget that they weight less than the viper so it takes less to make em fast. A strong boltons Z06 could give a viper a run for its money IMO, even if this vid shows the viper walking it good. 2 nice american cars!!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Looks like fun runs OP!

About the viper, theyre monster for sure. But Z06 can be to, we must not forget that they weight less than the viper so it takes less to make em fast. A strong boltons Z06 could give a viper a run for its money IMO, even if this vid shows the viper walking it good. 2 nice american cars!!
Hell yea man! No doubt to their full potential from a roll with me on motor they pull/would pull. But I would race them 100 times over and over and lose! I love actually getting to play with cars like that, and have a shot. Not everyone can say they beat/ran with/kept up with (what I consider) exotic cars. They may not be considered that, but that is the speed of them. Pretty sweet.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Thats what would I do too, run and run till they theyre bored lol. How much trap do you think you have? 125?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Thats what would I do too, run and run till they theyre bored lol. How much trap do you think you have? 125?
Yep!

I honestly don't know. I would assume with around 1000DA something like 121-122.. Never ran 1/4 though so I can't make a very accurate guesstimate.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like fun Evan. Think it'll be enough to beat LS1Killer?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Banned

Nice autobiography OP.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Sounds like fun Evan. Think it'll be enough to beat LS1Killer?
!!!!

Yes, it was.. And you know what.. We just may never know.

----Reference the sig.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:41 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Sweet run
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Teching In

so a c6 zo6 puts three cars on you, and you were talking about how you would drag me?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KATFISHKILR
so a c6 zo6 puts three cars on you, and you were talking about how you would drag me?
I'm guessing this happened on another site? Let me guess... SVTP?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I'm guessing this happened on another site? Let me guess... SVTP?
Yep.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...2-callout.html

Quick Reply: Lemons12 VS C6 Zo6