Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed by 2v and 3v!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009 | 09:13 PM
On The Tree

myk...i am not talking about non pi 2 valves at all. they are slow as *****.

Originally Posted by navyblueSS
You must have a beast of a 2V then or there are some slow LS1's in your area. I killed 3 bolt-on, geared 2Vs in one night when my car was bone stock.
ran mid 13 with 300 bucks into it...on street tire in 80 degree weather. ls1's usually run low-mid 13's

and there is a guy with the new tfs heads and he was trapping 116 with an auto...not too shabby i don't think. don't think it even has a lot of weight reduction (doesn't even have bigs/littles)
Old 12-16-2009 | 09:40 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
myk...i am not talking about non pi 2 valves at all. they are slow as *****.

ran mid 13 with 300 bucks into it...on street tire in 80 degree weather. ls1's usually run low-mid 13's
Yeah, yeah I know. What were your $300 mods?
Old 12-16-2009 | 09:42 PM
On The Tree

gear, mufflers/xpipe...of course when i ran it stock in cold weather it ran 8.8...then 8.7 with the mods in much warmer weather. wish i could've ran in cold weather. obviously those were 1/8th mile thoug
Old 12-16-2009 | 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
gear, mufflers/xpipe...of course when i ran it stock in cold weather it ran 8.8...then 8.7 with the mods in much warmer weather. wish i could've ran in cold weather. obviously those were 1/8th mile thoug
I'll be honest and say his gt will beat a good bit of ls1's in my area also. The "driver mod" seems to be something not most have around here for what he has done it runs really well...
Old 12-17-2009 | 08:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by big hammer

another "you can mod it to go faster" guy.... well ******* duhhh! you can do that with anything!
I was told in here that there was no way a N/A 2v GT was going to keep up or beat a stock LS1. Not even with mods. I was told not even a head swap from God would change that.
how exactly am i being trollish? were not on a stang board.
Even if I was on a Stang board, we don't say silly thing like that.
you're being trollish with silly 2v claims on an ls1 board.
How am I being trollish? Nothing I said was untrue. If you are going to call my claims silly, at least back up your baseless accusations. Again, I backed up all my claims in this thread.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
They aren't "silly claims." They are things that numerous people have done, and continue to do.
Thank you. I don't know why some people are in denial about this. I am not acting like 2v mustangs are the bees knees or that LS1 cars suck. No disrespect at all. It's just a good time to own a 2v Mustang right now with all the 3rd party HP add ons out there. It used to be 2v owners had one way to go fast. And that was boost. The 4.7 modular LOVES boost. Now we have a way to make that power N/A if we wish. Why people would get upset about this is beyond me. A LS1 doing the same mods will still be faster. *shrug*
[quote]
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
No offense but if you're going to do all that why not just buy a Mach 1 or 99-01 Cobra that will make more than that stock and respond alot better to mods?
The neg about the 2v GT was always the heads. The 4v heads flow better than the 2v that come with the GT. Trick Flow's twisted wedge heads flow better than the 4v heads. Why not pay less and switch heads and be up there in the 300hp range the Mach1 is with less money? especially if you already own a 2v.
I'm a die hard Ford fan but modular motors are for the birds unless you plan to cram boost in them.
Yeah.. that Ford GT is such a slouch
Originally Posted by unit213
That's the only reason? I think not.
The only ? No. The main reason however.
Originally Posted by chavez885
400rwhp from heads/cam 2v? Is that what you're saying?
He is already making 330 with a very mild cam. Get those heads ported, and a bigger cam and he'll be CLOSE to 400. What's so hard to believe? There are already people with this done.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
With those heads, I'm sure it's gonna be close.
Exactly. Again, these are new heads. If you aren't into the Mustang scene you don't know much about them. Hearing about a 2v GT putting out 330-400 HP with very little mods is unheard of until now.

Don't think so, prolly 350rwhp max is my guess unless I missed something and you guys mean swapping from a 2v head to 4v and cams, that **** costs as much as a damn blower though.
No, the Twisted Wedge heads flow better than the 4v heads that come with the Cobra.
Originally Posted by Dynotune04
you could make 400 with the new trick flow heads. they flow enough to make the power. it would take a good build with a fair amount of money in it but it can be done. as a matter of fact a ported trick flow head will flow more than a stock c head. although the c head is less prone to detonation and will take more timing.
Again, thank you. I am not talking out of my ***.

BTW they make twisted wedge heads for the LS1 too. Wont see as MUCH of a gain because LS1 heads on these cars were already decent.
Old 12-17-2009 | 08:59 AM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ke^in
I was told in here that there was no way a N/A 2v GT was going to keep up or beat a stock LS1. Not even with mods. I was told not even a head swap from God would change that.

Even if I was on a Stang board, we don't say silly thing like that.

How am I being trollish? Nothing I said was untrue. If you are going to call my claims silly, at least back up your baseless accusations. Again, I backed up all my claims in this thread.
can you find me a quote for the first part?

sure 2v's can be made fast with enough parts. just like a lude or civic. but a head swap and cams might put you on par with a stock ls1? that's nothing to brag about. heaven forbid you run across an ls1 with a CAI or something outrageous like that

you are being trollish by "look! cam and heads = 330hp! OMG MAX!" whooppity do. seems like alot of work and $ to end up with not very much. if that's what you wanna do then fine. but stop trying to convince everyone else that a complete top end swap yielding lower 300hp gains is phenomenal. 2v's suck. but the heads make them better yes. but still nothing awesome.
Old 12-17-2009 | 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Wow enough of the dyno racing! I can't wait to see what the new tfs heads do for the 2 valve, maybe it'll make me regret getting rid of mine...

Or maybe not, I need track numbers before I make my decision!
Old 12-17-2009 | 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by big hammer
can you find me a quote for the first part?
Here is just one of the many people that have made that claim in this forum.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/12599956-post117.html

There will never be a head created on Gods earth that will put a 2-valve Mustang on par with the LS1, not N/A no way. It's just too easy to get into the 10's all motor with our cars. 99-04 GT's all motor are turds, that's just the facts. sorry

Not attacking the forum BTW. This is one of the best LSx forums I've ever been to. And I've learned a ton about cars in this forum since I've been here. Most everyone is very respectful, and full of knowledge. There are always a few out there that ruin it for everyone else.
sure 2v's can be made fast with enough parts. just like a lude or civic.
Ludes and Civics aren't even on the same league as the GT. That's like me comparing a Z28 to a Cavalier. The only thing that is needed to make a 2v as fast as a LS1 is a head swap. You can't say that about a civic or lude.
but a head swap and cams might put you on par with a stock ls1? that's nothing to brag about.
It's not a "head swap and cams' the head comes with the cams and all internal parts. It's just a head swap. The cams they come with are very mild as well. However, if you want to add a more aggressive cam, your HP # will go up dramatically. And you are right, not a lot to brag about. Not seeing why it's making some people get all defensive. I've not acted like it was a big deal, or the bees nees. It just gives those with 2v mustangs more choices. Before it was unheard of to get 400hp from a N/A 2v. Now it's not only happening%2
Old 12-17-2009 | 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

I've had a 2v, it was bolt ons with cams and went bottom 12's. I had full suspension, no back seats, no spare, kmember, full exhaust, alum flywheel, alum driveshaft you name it. Car went bottom 12's @109 and made 298 to the tire. Car ran on the east coast at atco and that. Now I have a 99 SS with Full exhaust, lid, and a tire and run in da's well over 2500 and run the same time. I also havent even taken any weight out of the car. A 2v with a hci will make 340-350 to the tire on a pretty aggressive set up thats about it. They are very easy to get under 3150 with drive though
Old 12-17-2009 | 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
A 2v with a hci will make 340-350 to the tire on a pretty aggressive set up thats about it.
You are referring to N/A no? That was before the 2v trick flow heads came out.
Old 12-17-2009 | 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

The neg about the 2v GT was always the heads. The 4v heads flow better than the 2v that come with the GT. Trick Flow's twisted wedge heads flow better than the 4v heads. Why not pay less and switch heads and be up there in the 300hp range the Mach1 is with less money? especially if you already own a 2v.

He is already making 330 with a very mild cam. Get those heads ported, and a bigger cam and he'll be CLOSE to 400. What's so hard to believe? There are already people with this done.

Exactly. Again, these are new heads. If you aren't into the Mustang scene you don't know much about them. Hearing about a 2v GT putting out 330-400 HP with very little mods is unheard of until now.

Show me, amazing how you are quoting every person in this thread, lol. I've already read up on the trickflow heads, not puttin anywhere near 400 to the tire on stock shortblock.
Old 12-17-2009 | 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

You are referring to N/A no? That was before the 2v trick flow heads came out.
yea referring to n/a. I havent seen ported trick flow numbers, only thing i've seen is the as case flow numbers, and well good to see they flow more on the intake side, but didnt like the fact they were a little less on the exhaust side. Even is the trick flow heads are so much better only talking about another 10-15rwhp realistaclly over a set of good ported 2v heads. I've seen 352 pulled on a custom fox lake head cam 2v with p51 heads, full exhaust, elec waterpump etc.
Old 12-17-2009 | 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

Show me, amazing how you are quoting every person in this thread, lol. I've already read up on the trickflow heads, not puttin anywhere near 400 to the tire on stock shortblock.
No one is saying that with them alone that they put out that much. We are saying with those, plus a better cam, full exhaust, headers, and a few other boltons people already have done it.
Even is the trick flow heads are so much better only talking about another 10-15rwhp realistaclly over a set of good ported 2v heads.
Couldn't tell you, I don't have the numbers for each. All I know is what OTHER NewEdge owners are getting.

BTW this is an auto 2v GT with the heads installed on the moddedmustang forum

2002 Mustang GT 4R70W
11.65@115.86 2V N/A

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-17-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2009 | 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

No one is saying that with them alone that they put out that much. We are saying with those, plus a better cam, full exhaust, headers, and a few other boltons people already have done it.

Couldn't tell you, I don't have the numbers for each. All I know is what OTHER NewEdge owners are getting.

BTW this is an auto 2v GT with the heads installed on the moddedmustang forum

2002 Mustang GT 4R70W
11.65@115.86 2V N/A

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...wer-t-v-5.html

408 on an engine dyno, you've shown no proof and all i see is talk form you. I'll stop arguing now though, that thread proves my point.
Old 12-17-2009 | 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

whats your point there are guys running single bottom 10's and single digits in ls1's with hci set up through an auto.

BTW here is my old cams only 2v

and this is what bottom 12's part list looks like (yea not talking out my *** I've ACTUALLY gone this route)
Vt stage 2 cams, Densecharger, C&L plenum, Accufab 75mm t/b, steeda pullies, mac lts, mac prochamber, bassani catback, Eibach drag launch kit, Tokico illuminas, hpm mega bite jr lca, steeda hardcore double adj uppers, Pa racing mild steel kmember with stock a arms and spring perches, mm c/c plates, Fidanza alum flywhee, frpp alum driveshaft, pro motion built t45, steeda triax, frpp 4.30 gears, detriot true track, moser 31 spline axles, arp 3.5" studs, no rear mach 460, no spare, no back seats, no quad shocks, small battery in trunk,

there is no possible way i would have gotten 100rwhp out of head and an intake lol, yea and vt stage 2 cams were not small cams

Last edited by Ruckus46Gt; 12-17-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-17-2009 | 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Was wondering how until I saw the LT1 part.
Old 12-17-2009 | 03:44 PM
On The Tree

i know that wasnt directed at me but you could make 400 n/a with the tfs heads. it wont be with a stock shortblock. you would have to run the 38cc heads with a compression ratio of around 11:1 and a big bore set up but it can be done.
Old 12-17-2009 | 03:48 PM
On The Tree

yea referring to n/a. I havent seen ported trick flow numbers, only thing i've seen is the as case flow numbers, and well good to see they flow more on the intake side, but didnt like the fact they were a little less on the exhaust side. Even is the trick flow heads are so much better only talking about another 10-15rwhp realistaclly over a set of good ported 2v heads. I've seen 352 pulled on a custom fox lake head cam 2v with p51 heads, full exhaust, elec waterpump etc.
i have seen a 40 hp gain from ported and welded stock heads vs stock trick flow heads. this was on a boosted aplication tho. ported tfs heads from what i hear flow 290-300 depending on who ports them.
Old 12-17-2009 | 04:22 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Here is just one of the many people that have made that claim in this forum.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/12599956-post117.html
[/b]
Not attacking the forum BTW. This is one of the best LSx forums I've ever been to. And I've learned a ton about cars in this forum since I've been here. Most everyone is very respectful, and full of knowledge. There are always a few out there that ruin it for everyone else.

Ludes and Civics aren't even on the same league as the GT. That's like me comparing a Z28 to a Cavalier. The only thing that is needed to make a 2v as fast as a LS1 is a head swap. You can't say that about a civic or lude.

It's not a "head swap and cams' the head comes with the cams and all internal parts. It's just a head swap. The cams they come with are very mild as well. However, if you want to add a more aggressive cam, your HP # will go up dramatically. And you are right, not a lot to brag about. Not seeing why it's making some people get all defensive. I've not acted like it was a big deal, or the bees nees. It just gives those with 2v mustangs more choices. Before it was unheard of to get 400hp from a N/A 2v. Now it's not only happening%2
when reffering to potential, there are no heads in the world that will make a 2v compete head to head with an ls1. if you want to do a complete top end swap just to compete with stock cars, yes you can do that. just like adding parts to a lude or a civic

for the amount of money you would have to invest to get a 2v into the 400hp area is a waste. might as well go f\i. even with 4v's. if you want real power out of a modular ford, f\i is the only way to go.
Old 12-17-2009 | 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
i know that wasnt directed at me but you could make 400 n/a with the tfs heads. it wont be with a stock shortblock. you would have to run the 38cc heads with a compression ratio of around 11:1 and a big bore set up but it can be done.
Agreed, I wasn't saying it CANT be done, GT defender is acting like its easy and can be done on stock shortblock.

I could see it happening with a good compression ratio 11.1 or higher and the extra displacement no doubt! That's a lot of cash and probably why the 2v guys like the blower route

Quick Reply: Killed by 2v and 3v!