Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a modded Terminator Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 05:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ran a modded Terminator Cobra

so im cruisin around and out of nowhere this silver terminator cobra gets up next to me and hes just there for a bit then finally throws me a rev. So i then give one back and were set for a 30 roll. He honks it off and instantly pulls ahead and continues to pull till about 2 1/2 cars from bumper to bumper (3 to 3 1/2 if you count his car) and his pull seems to stop there to about 100 something. We then turned back around and set up for another roll at 20. This time i get the hit as he didnt jump on me as hard but then he begins to pull and continues to about the same length.

After that we pull in to the gas station and begin talking. 1st thing he says is i hear your picking on my little brother in the white ford lightning. I was like yea i gave him a little rev to see if he wanted to play. He goes nah thats cool. Its just a stock lightning. he then asks what i have done to the car, i tell him and he tells me he has pulleys cams and still on the stock blower. He said he had dyno numbers at 500hp, sticker on the small windows for the backseat had "tuned by mullin motorsports". I tell him im thinking about getting a cobra and he says they arent worth the money. That he goes threw clutches just about every month and there the ones rated to handle 750hp??? i just say damn that sucks then we go our own ways after that. Pretty cool guy.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:28 AM
TECH Resident

Always nice to meet someone who is honest about there car. Sounds like it was a fun few runs
Old 12-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Good runs!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

sounds like good fun.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice death,that a4 is hurtin u unless u get a stall,gears,and drag radials,then rerace him.id say a 4000 stall 373 gear and mts will take him from a dig though.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Badguy7
I tell him im thinking about getting a cobra and he says they arent worth the money. That he goes threw clutches just about every month and there the ones rated to handle 750hp??? i just say damn that sucks then we go our own ways after that. Pretty cool guy.
I wonder what the hell he's doing to the clutch lol, I had a spec 3 for a few years with with around 670rwhp and never had it give out.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol he's done something wrong with his clutch setup

nice runs though
Old 12-13-2009, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

so im cruisin around and out of nowhere this silver terminator cobra gets up next to me and hes just there for a bit then finally throws me a rev. So i then give one back and were set for a 30 roll. He honks it off and instantly pulls ahead and continues to pull till about 2 1/2 cars from bumper to bumper (3 to 3 1/2 if you count his car) and his pull seems to stop there to about 100 something. We then turned back around and set up for another roll at 20. This time i get the hit as he didnt jump on me as hard but then he begins to pull and continues to about the same length.

After that we pull in to the gas station and begin talking. 1st thing he says is i hear your picking on my little brother in the white ford lightning. I was like yea i gave him a little rev to see if he wanted to play. He goes nah thats cool. Its just a stock lightning. he then asks what i have done to the car, i tell him and he tells me he has pulleys cams and still on the stock blower. He said he had dyno numbers at 500hp, sticker on the small windows for the backseat had "tuned by mullin motorsports". I tell him im thinking about getting a cobra and he says they arent worth the money. That he goes threw clutches just about every month and there the ones rated to handle 750hp??? i just say damn that sucks then we go our own ways after that. Pretty cool guy.
was the cobra convertible or hard top?
Old 12-13-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
nice death,that a4 is hurtin u unless u get a stall,gears,and drag radials,then rerace him.id say a 4000 stall 373 gear and mts will take him from a dig though.
Yea man, im not to sure how my tranny will hold if i put in a stall just yet but i plan on putting a Performabuilt Level 2 Trans on layaway and getting some 3.73's sometime soon.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by antonio84
was the cobra convertible or hard top?
Hard top and it was out here in Ft. Stockton.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slobra
I wonder what the hell he's doing to the clutch lol, I had a spec 3 for a few years with with around 670rwhp and never had it give out.
Yeaa, that's what i was thinking lol He also told me that when he's at a red light. He has to launch the car kinda hard, otherwise it'll just stay there burning the clutch.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Yea man, im not to sure how my tranny will hold if i put in a stall just yet but i plan on putting a Performabuilt Level 2 Trans on layaway and getting some 3.73's sometime soon.
And a cam to go along with that
Old 12-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeaa, that's what i was thinking lol He also told me that when he's at a red light. He has to launch the car kinda hard, otherwise it'll just stay there burning the clutch.
missaligned transmission. Tell him to buy or rent the tool that checks the alignment for that: it's a pain in the *** to do, but necessary in his case becuase his setup has to be off kilter.

On the 500rwhp without porting the blower I'm gonna have to call BS though. 450ish is the top I've heard you can get without porting the blower: at or a tad over 500rwhp with a fully ported blower. Ford guys, am i wrong??
Old 12-14-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
missaligned transmission. Tell him to buy or rent the tool that checks the alignment for that: it's a pain in the *** to do, but necessary in his case becuase his setup has to be off kilter.

On the 500rwhp without porting the blower I'm gonna have to call BS though. 450ish is the top I've heard you can get without porting the blower: at or a tad over 500rwhp with a fully ported blower. Ford guys, am i wrong??
He said he had cams also. I think 500 still sounds high tho.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cams dont really help Termi's: the limitation there is the heads just will not allow more air to flow without more pressure: and the charger is out of flow, too, so its just money wasted IMO to buy cams for a Termi.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

JW but how much does porting a blower run on a termi?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

The guy sounds like a complete idiot that doesn't know what he is doing and just bought an 03 Cobra because that was the "cool thing to do". Now he is pissed because he lacks the brains to actually make a car as simple as a supercharged V8, fast. Just my opinion...
Old 12-14-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

I've seen as high as 465rwhp with only a pulley but it was through an SRA. Somewhere around 520rwhp tops on a ported blower.
cams dont really help Termi's: the limitation there is the heads just will not allow more air to flow without more pressure: and the charger is out of flow, too, so its just money wasted IMO to buy cams for a Termi.
Not quite. It's also because they are ******* expensive. There is a reason people don't bother running aftermarket cams until they have a twin screw on it. After you get to ~600rwhp then cams become a more feasible option and give you a bit more power than if you did it at 420rwhp.
Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
JW but how much does porting a blower run on a termi?
Depends on where you get it. A steigmeier ported blower runs anywhere from $300 to $1400.
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
The guy sounds like a complete idiot that doesn't know what he is doing and just bought an 03 Cobra because that was the "cool thing to do". Now he is pissed because he lacks the brains to actually make a car as simple as a supercharged V8, fast. Just my opinion...
I'm thinking the same thing reading the OP. Also, "Termi" and "terminator" is gay as **** IMO.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i've seen 470's-480's with pulley only...and at a local tunin shop i believe the highest pully only car the tuner ever had was a bit higher than that...

ported have seen 520-530
Old 12-14-2009, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

i made 470 without a port.

Quick Reply: Ran a modded Terminator Cobra