Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Maybe not, but not nearly as "untouchable" as some of us first assumed.
you have a better chance taking out a termi then you do one of these i would think. being stock for stock. and we know how possible that is.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ke^in
I also said the 5th is faster than the 4th stock for stock. And it is. Just because someone in a 4th gen beat someone in a 5th gen it doesn't suddenly make that car faster. Capiche?
If a slower car beats a faster car, it's because of the faster car has a sucky driver.

Unless all of you are willing to say 2v GTs are faster than Ls1 fbodies.
your comparing ford and GM now. I'm talking about ls's and u come with 2v GT. We all know they are no competition to the ls unless heavily modded. I have not only seen vids but ran one myself and were neck to neck. So unless u have proof that the ls1 fbody is dramaticly slower than the 2010 ss then u have no knowledge of these vehicles and what they are capable of.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
5th gen camaros stock run in the low 13's high 12's. i have no idea on what up hill track you live by.

someone is going to come in here and call that a lie as well.

but to recap, a tune and it was deep into the 12's. tire and into the 11's. but stock ls1's have nothing to worry about... yep.
11s with a tune and tires lol. Yeah, we'll all believe that one for sure
Old 05-13-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mannyman84
your comparing ford and GM now. I'm talking about ls's and u come with 2v GT. We all know they are no competition to the ls unless heavily modded. I have not only seen vids but ran one myself and were neck to neck. So unless u have proof that the ls1 fbody is dramaticly slower than the 2010 ss then u have no knowledge of these vehicles and what they are capable of.
Well holy ****! There are some people on here that make sense I agree 100%
Old 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Dont forget about the suspension mods
Old 05-13-2010, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

What makes you the authority anyways? Did you even watch the video? What indications did you see there that the Mustang driver sucked, or that the Camaro was modded? Talk about jumping to conclusions.
have you read anything important in this thread?

driver drove the vehicle with traction control on. simple keys to how traction control works in modern vehicles that come with it. normally it also comes with some form of tq management to keep the power down during shifts. so if the vehicle is killing ignition, prob pulsing the brakes and prob activation tq management those things will add up to hurt its performance. plain and simple.

start from post #1 and read everything.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

And why don't you?

WHy are so many guys getting so darn defensive over what's going on?

I find it amazingly ignorant that some members claim proof and want a video, or their video is enough proof for them, but for some reason this and a few dyno sheets isn't enough to show what this car can do........then all of a sudden one video pops up of a fbod vs. 5.0 and then that's all the proof they need??....a tad of a double standard no?

jealousy?....fanboyism?...ignorance...I mean what is it?
Old 05-13-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i broke in my 02 ss on the way home. right off the lot. brand spankin new.
seat the rings. on some wot blasts.

i guess since the new stang has a flat tappet cam it needs so many miles to break in. lolz!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

No you can't, and I don't expect you too. Personally I find a lot more ignorant stang guys than anything else, and that includes import dudes btw. Also, most guys on here aren't too bad with welcoming our Ford buddys in our forum.
ignorant is one thing but it seems alot of people in this thread are just egging alone the rest of you guys. you would have to be blind to the truth to even think their is a competition that a stock 4th gen can compete with a stock 2011 gt.

its just what happens when 15yrs or so happens in automotive evolution.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

have you read anything important in this thread?

driver drove the vehicle with traction control on. simple keys to how traction control works in modern vehicles that come with it. normally it also comes with some form of tq management to keep the power down during shifts. so if the vehicle is killing ignition, prob pulsing the brakes and prob activation tq management those things will add up to hurt its performance. plain and simple.

start from post #1 and read everything.
Oh **** not another one lmao. Yeah I know how traction control works buddy. My point is with that car, in that scenario, it wasn't going to spin a whole lot anyways. Btw tm is only really a factor on automatics. Some of us have lives and can't read the WHOLE thread my man, but then again SOME of us don't need to. You see, I base my opinions of my own inclinations, not what other people say or what I WANT to believe. There are a whole forest of trees here, don't bark up the one that's likely going to fall and crush you
Old 05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow 11 pages already lol
Old 05-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Who is worked up? I like having Mustangs to whoop on. Oh and btw, I have a twenty thousand dollar line of credit=-think I can make my car real fast so that way I'm more respected? Think about what you say dude, anyone can have a fast car, but being quick on your feet is another story. Don't get mad man, I'm just stating my opinions and asking questions like you are. I wasn't the one who wanted to call you a name but didn't for fear of being banned boo hoooo. Now smarten up or we WILL get this thread closed and one of us will end up at least warned. Peace bro.

Btw. my car runs quite a bit quicker than a 13.4 Oh let me guess, that's not your real e.t. haha. Ford guys, gotta love em.
I will be short, but if you think his car runs a 13.4 you are wrong.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh **** not another one lmao. Yeah I know how traction control works buddy. My point is with that car, in that scenario, it wasn't going to spin a whole lot anyways. Btw tm is only really a factor on automatics. Some of us have lives and can't read the WHOLE thread my man, but then again SOME of us don't need to. You see, I base my opinions of my own inclinations, not what other people say or what I WANT to believe. There are a whole forest of trees here, don't bark up the one that's likely going to fall and crush you
You can hope and pray all you want until you are blue in the face. But its coming and its going to happen.

Better take that money you speak of and mod that turd before you run into a 11' Mustang GT. Or else make sure to let him know if any of the bulbs in his tail lights are out.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

That sounds like an Ethuggish comment.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
And why don't you?

WHy are so many guys getting so darn defensive over what's going on?

I find it amazingly ignorant that some members claim proof and want a video, or their video is enough proof for them, but for some reason this and a few dyno sheets isn't enough to show what this car can do........then all of a sudden one video pops up of a fbod vs. 5.0 and then that's all the proof they need??....a tad of a double standard no?

jealousy?....fanboyism?...ignorance...I mean what is it?
Oh no, not you! Lol. I have no problems, the car I like the best won. Nuff said.

ignorant is one thing but it seems alot of people in this thread are just egging alone the rest of you guys. you would have to be blind to the truth to even think their is a competition that a stock 4th gen can compete with a stock 2011 gt.

its just what happens when 15yrs or so happens in automotive evolution.
What about the '10 gt? It has 12 years on the 98 fbody and still loses. Your argument holds very little or no water my friend.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
That sounds like an Ethuggish comment.
Not my intention. Thanks for pointing that out though.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mannyman84
if you think a 4th gen is faster then a 5th gen stock for stock we are going to need to see some proof outside of one article of a guy running anything near a 12 in a stock 4th gen. this forum is full of 12 sec stock 5th gens... i cant seem to find one stock 4th gen come anywhere close.

i guess that video is fake, i mean outside of the control arms what else do you think it had? a turbo? 250 shot of spray? rocket boosters?

its kinda funny if you take a stock 5th gen and give it a tune and put it on tire it seems to get rather close to a low 12 maybe even lower.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

"QUOTE=snake95;13326065]I will be short, but if you think his car runs a 13.4 you are wrong.[/QUOTE]
Oh there's a big surprise lol. I already know that, that was sort of my point
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You can hope and pray all you want until you are blue in the face. But its coming and its going to happen.
No, it's not actually.
Better take that money you speak of and mod that turd before you run into a 11' Mustang GT. Or else make sure to let him know if any of the bulbs in his tail lights are out.
I'd rather keep my cash for women and booze for now thanks. I have nothing to prove by modding my car so I can say it's FAST. There is always someone faster, get over it.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

look...I drove a new 5.0...im not surprised with the high 11s car those guys did. It will run low 12s all day with JUST a good set of tires plus skinnies.

On the street can a stock ls1 beat it?.....yeah sure....ive seen bigger upsets.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bah321
look...I drove a new 5.0...im not surprised with the high 11s car those guys did. It will run low 12s all day with JUST a good set of tires plus skinnies.

On the street can a stock ls1 beat it?.....yeah sure....ive seen bigger upsets.
Ok, well put and well said. I still disagree with 11s so easily, but I can be wrong too sometimes. Just not too damn often

Quick Reply: 2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1