Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Oh **** not another one lmao. Yeah I know how traction control works buddy. My point is with that car, in that scenario, it wasn't going to spin a whole lot anyways. Btw tm is only really a factor on automatics. Some of us have lives and can't read the WHOLE thread my man, but then again SOME of us don't need to. You see, I base my opinions of my own inclinations, not what other people say or what I WANT to believe. There are a whole forest of trees here, don't bark up the one that's likely going to fall and crush you
the 2011 will spin the tires if shifted hard. even stock. that will trigger the TC. go test drive one and see.

if you havent read the thread then your comments hold no water. as a 4th gen owner your inclinations are to think your car wont be beat by a ford. as someone who looks at facts its my job to tell you this ford will hurt a stock 4th gen.

Oh no, not you! Lol. I have no problems, the car I like the best won. Nuff said.

What about the '10 gt? It has 12 years on the 98 fbody and still loses. Your argument holds very little or no water my friend.
how old is the engine design in the 2010 gt?
Old 05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Oh there's a big surprise lol. I already know that, that was sort of my point
I'm not sure what you mean, I was indicating that he runs faster. Fact.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bah321
look...I drove a new 5.0...im not surprised with the high 11s car those guys did. It will run low 12s all day with JUST a good set of tires plus skinnies.

On the street can a stock ls1 beat it?.....yeah sure....ive seen bigger upsets.
i test drove one got back into my car and it felt like i was towing something. thats the only reason i'm speaking on this. the best mod a 2011 owner could get is that tire and skinnies setup and some fast times will ensue.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
the 2011 will spin the tires if shifted hard. even stock. that will trigger the TC. go test drive one and see.

if you havent read the thread then your comments hold no water. as a 4th gen owner your inclinations are to think your car wont be beat by a ford. as someone who looks at facts its my job to tell you this ford will hurt a stock 4th gen.

how old is the engine design in the 2010 gt?
Don't know, don't care. As far as me owning an fbody and thinking my **** don't stink, you don't know me. I'm far from what you say I am, and actually able to be quite objective. Why are we having this conversation right now? Because someone posted a vid of an 11 gt getting smoked! Some people got all butt hurt because some of us saw hope. Is there anything wrong with people rooting for their rides? I don't think fbodys are the **** because I own one, I think I own one because fbodys are the ****!, see what I did there....same thing but backwards lmao. Bottom line is that an 11gt got beat by an ls1 (bone stock to light bolt on), and that is sad enough. Now I'll let all the crybabies come up with reasons, excuses, and name calling.

Last edited by oddwraith; 05-13-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
^^^

So your saying its a drivers race?
I'm saying the mustang is the faster car.

But, yes most "drivers" could **** up a wet-dream. It's a driver's race much in the same way that a '99 Cobra vs. an LS1 is a driver's race.

11s with a tune and tires lol. Yeah, we'll all believe that one for sure
111mph in previous tests already indicates the mph to make this one a reality. My old fox ran an 11 with a 112.9mph trap. It's just a matter of time before it happens. It may take a negative DA to do it, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that this statement will become a reality if magazine testing to date is accurate. I'd go so far as to say, it might be done on the stock tune with tires.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

There is always someone faster, get over it.
You'd think you could take your own advice.
TECH Fanatic

Don't know, don't care. As far as me owning an fbody and thinking my **** don't stink, you don't know me. I'm far from what you say I am, and actually able to be quite objective. Why are we having this conversation right now? Because someone posted a vid of an 11 gt getting smoked! Some people got all butt hurt because some of us saw hope. Is there anything wrong with people rooting for their rides? I don't think fbodys are the **** because I own one, I think I own one because they are the ****!
hey before the 09 cts-v came out i thought my car was the end all of v8 sport sedans....

i drove a 09 cts-v and woke up.
Tech Apprentice

Don't know, don't care.
You sure don't act like you don't care.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You sure don't act like you don't care.
Are you getting at something? Or just trying to start something? What are you trying to tell me? Use your words now.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
hey before the 09 cts-v came out i thought my car was the end all of v8 sport sedans....

i drove a 09 cts-v and woke up.
I don't see what your point is?
Old 05-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Seems you don't understand alot...
Old 05-13-2010, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Look all anyone has to go on right now is THAT video as its the only heads up comparison. The new GT got walked stop throwing out every excuse as to why its retarded. Im sure we will start seeing more of these vids and at that point we can all see what is what.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=oddwraith;13326142]Because someone posted a vid of an 11 gt getting smoked! /QUOTE]

Wow you are a true fanboy. You're delusional, the camaro pulled a car maybe, smoked? I can't wait till you run into one in you fast *** firehawk and get disappointed.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chavez885
Wow you are a true fanboy. You're delusional, the camaro pulled a car maybe, smoked? I can't wait till you run into one in you fast *** firehawk and get disappointed.
chavez..........oh chavez, you never disapoint.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

If this was the other way around we would be saying "you beat the driver not the car" or "let the motor get more miles on it and the results will be different" or there was a fat chick in the car or some junk like that. Personally put more miles on the motor, give the driver more seat time, and take the 250lbs dude out the other side... and then if the LS1 wins... I just give up
Old 05-13-2010, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

A bone stock 2011 5.0 (after their supposed brake in period) SHOULD take a bone stock 98-02 LS1 with no passengers. Now that your comparing a $38,000 car to a $8000 car is more of a compliment than an insult. Its taken Ford 10-14 years to come up with something to run with the LS1 4th Gen. And as stated before there are too many modded 4th gens running around for a stock/lightly modified 5.0 to beat.

Idk about you guys but I prefer the $8000 car that I can put money in, than a $38,000 car I have to pay for, for the next 5 years.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Seems you don't understand alot...
Wow, one sentence wonder I see. I'm just saying that I don't think the 5.0 is quite all it has been cracked up to be (and that's my opinion-yes). I think the first video was kind of cool and with or without traction control, pretty damn impressive on the LS1s part. I give credit where it is due. Second- let's not resort to petty bs and character attacks (since you don't know me from a hole in the ground) that prove nothing. I know all about traction control and torque management and pulsars and quasars and warp drives, doesn't change my opinion however. Just to clarify my opinion here it is.

I think that the 5.0 coyote engined mustang gt is the result of many years of trial and error and is a beast. I also think that the LS1 is not to be underestimated as a direct competitor to this beast. The LS1 MAY even be better competition than the '10 ss is. I watched the video and thought "holy ****, that surprises me". But I'm trying to stay real and acknowledge the fact that maybe the new stang had some hype about it that wasn't necessarily accurate. I'm not the one second guessing everything here. I'm not the one saying that "oh the LS1 must have been modded" or "it's only because the traction control on the mustang" or that " the gt driver sucked ***". I'm just saying that I personally have no reason to believe that the ls1 was not stock as stated (with the exception of a lid) and that maybe it's not so far above the LS1 as I thought it was initially. As to the comments about my ride not being fast enough to have a say- **** off! That's ridiculous, anyone with a rich mommy and daddy or guts and a pen can make their car into a 10 second wonder (by paying someone to do it for them), but that doesn't mean they are more or less credible. It is a superficial statement that only the fastest rides are drove by the smartest fellas-ha! Now, will the coyote beat an ls1, probably. But, is it possible for an ls1 to hold it's own in stock or near stock from? I think it is very possible. I like all american muscle, so if you think that calling my car slow or whatever is going to change the fact that I have an opinion other than your own, you sir are dead wrong.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=chavez885;13326186]
Because someone posted a vid of an 11 gt getting smoked! /QUOTE]

Yeah you'e so right about me. You got me pegged dude. First off, who ever said a stockish hawk was fast? Compared to what, an accord? Second, yeah smoked is a relatative term, so please enlighten me. Where does it specify how many car lengths you need to "smoke" someone? I figure that if you're seeing the other guy's smoke, you've been smoked!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Funny that stang guys seemed so confident. Now that the underdog has won, here come the excuses. And YES there will be plenty more races to come from an ls and the new 5.0. Stang and some 5.0's will win and some will loose and this GM ford battle will never end.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FearTheDeer
A bone stock 2011 5.0 (after their supposed brake in period) SHOULD take a bone stock 98-02 LS1 with no passengers. Now that your comparing a $38,000 car to a $8000 car is more of a compliment than an insult. Its taken Ford 10-14 years to come up with something to run with the LS1 4th Gen. And as stated before there are too many modded 4th gens running around for a stock/lightly modified 5.0 to beat.

Idk about you guys but I prefer the $8000 car that I can put money in, than a $38,000 car I have to pay for, for the next 5 years.
I agree with you, I don't know why that's so hard for folks to understand.

Quick Reply: 2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1