Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 12:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98PurpleT/A
Real question? Not sarcasm.

How much break in time? and how much faster do you think it will go?

I guess we will have to wait and see if more vids come out.
I would like to set up a track day between 5.0's and LSX cars at PBIR. I'd like to go up against one myself.
I obviously can't speak for the new 5.0, but it was 'common knowledge' that mach 1's broke in around ~11-13k miles. I found it hard to believe at first myself...until I looked into it back when I bought mine brand new.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I obviously can't speak for the new 5.0, but it was 'common knowledge' that mach 1's broke in around ~11-13k miles. I found it hard to believe at first myself...until I looked into it back when I bought mine brand new.
LOL

Typical Mustang fanboi ideology. Going to need about a year to claim they're "broken in" by which time everyone will have forgotten about all the hype surrounding the release of this car.

The payed off magazines and shop cars have gotten 112mph traps stock, I bet when they're broken in they'll be doing 115-116 bone stock. 10's with catback/tune/tire.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Teching In

11 Thousand miles to break in. That is ridiculous
Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
That Camaro gave the Mustang a HUUUUUUUUUGE hit and ran right past him!

So much for those 112mph bone stock trap speeds!
I'll say it again like I've said 1000 times, all this hype is just hype, wait till REAL PEOPLE get their hands on these 5.0's and we'll see what they really do. Not payed off magazine hype, REAL ****.

Get raped by a stock LS1, LOL!
I wouldnt go that far.... oh wait you do have the worlds fastest gto that outruns modded cts-v's. Sorry

Its sucks for the mustang guys, but like already stated I wanna see an in car of the 5.0 who even knows if he gave it everything it had or knew how to really drive it yet.

That being said the ls1 f-body cars have always been quick so I'm not surprise that many of you on here that actually know how to drive will be able to beat most of the new 5.0's you run into on the street because most of them wont know how to drive it like it should be driven
Old 05-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
I wouldnt go that far.... oh wait you do have the worlds fastest gto that outruns modded cts-v's. Sorry

Its sucks for the mustang guys, but like already stated I wanna see an in car of the 5.0 who even knows if he gave it everything it had or knew how to really drive it yet.

That being said the ls1 f-body cars have always been quick so I'm not surprise that many of you on here that actually know how to drive will be able to beat most of the new 5.0's you run into on the street because most of them wont know how to drive it like it should be driven
More mustang excuses and fanboi distraction tactics. This isn't about my car, this is about a stock LS1 Camaro RAPING a new 5.0.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnRRe8inSOk&feature=fvw
Old 05-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Oh man here they come
Old 05-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Teching In

My uncle used to work for Car & Driver.He told me the cars that are tested are well broken in. They are basically the mules that get passed back and forth from one test to another.

He also said some show up with different tires, tuning that's not stock and every factory performance option in the car companies arsenal. The 5.0s tested in these mags are the best its going to get out the door. Better hope the owners know how to drive, otherwise there will be a lot of tears shed in the drivers seat.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jabawalkie
My uncle used to work for Car & Driver.He told me the cars that are tested are well broken in. They are basically the mules that get passed back and forth from one test to another.

He also said some show up with different tires, tuning that's not stock and every factory performance option in the car companies arsenal. The 5.0s tested in these mags are the best its going to get out the door. Better hope the owners know how to drive, otherwise there will be a lot of tears shed in the drivers seat.
Tears will be shed. When your average moron Mustang fanboi buys a new 5.0 with pie in the sky dreams and delusions of grandeur promised by motor trend and performance shops gets raped by stock Ls1's and other various 13 second cars.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I'm not up to date on Mustangs.
Once broken in how much faster did the car seem?
  • Ju1ce
  • F8L BYT
Lets not start the fanboi/fastest GTO(Buick) fight

Last edited by 98PurpleT/A; 05-13-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Launching!

haha at the, most wont know how to drive them and 11k break in excuses.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Tears will be shed. When your average moron Mustang fanboi buys a new 5.0 with pie in the sky dreams and delusions of grandeur promised by motor trend and performance shops gets raped by stock Ls1's and other various 13 second cars.
It even go's further than the 5.0. Its 80 percent of the "performance" cars that are tested, especially if there happens to be a rivalry between two newer models. But, the job was done. Watch the sales that come from the 'Camaro killing' Mustang, Ford will clean up.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Whew. I was planning on getting spray to be ahead of these. Just looks like I need a good launch!
TECH Enthusiast

so everyone moved to this thread now hu!
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98PurpleT/A
I'm not up to date on Mustangs.
Once broken in how much faster did the car seem?
  • Ju1ce
  • F8L BYT
Lets not start the fanboi/fastest GTO(Buick) fight
I'm not going to get into it with Ju1ce here. It does seem though from many dyno's that I have seen that even with the 03/04 cobra's they would put down higher numbers after about 10k miles. Dont honestly know with the 5.0 since it is brand new.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Teching In

It even go's further than the 5.0. Its 80 percent of the "performance" cars that are tested, especially if there happens to be a rivalry between two newer models. But, the job was done. Watch the sales that come from the 'Camaro killing' Mustang, Ford will clean up.
Like there aren't enough mustangs on the road, they're every other car
Old 05-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Teching In

They sure will, before 1 Mustang was sold to the general public people were salivating over the performance specs that were all basically lies. Ford has effectively hyped this Mustang to oblivion, and everyone who buys one is gonna be completely dejected when they find out they're not all they were cracked up to be.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Teching In

They sure will, before 1 Mustang was sold to the general public people were salivating over the performance specs that were all basically lies. Ford has effectively hyped this Mustang to oblivion, and everyone who buys one is gonna be completely dejected when they find out they're not all they were cracked up to be.
I wouldnt say Ford necessarily hyped them up but more the car magazines and such. Ford has hyped up the v6 more than anything else. I don't think I have even seen a GT commercial yet.

Only time will tell how these cars are. You cant necessarily say they are overrated and junk based on that video. I mean there is another one with minimal mods running 11's also
Old 05-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Teching In

QUOTE=Ju1ce;13323500]They sure will, before 1 Mustang was sold to the general public people were salivating over the performance specs that were all basically lies. Ford has effectively hyped this Mustang to oblivion, and everyone who buys one is gonna be completely dejected when they find out they're not all they were cracked up to be.[/QUOTE]

So you seen one race where a ls1 beat a new 5.0 and that means automatically that the ls1 is faster, in that case let me show you one video of an s197 mustang beating an ls1 and then i can claim that the mustang is faster

Im not bashing ls1 or sayin that the ls1 didnt win fair and square just saying maybe people should wait for more than one race to claim one or the other "the faster car".
Old 05-13-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Resident

sure did see aloooooootttt of **** talk about that new 5.0 in posts over the last cpl days, let the excuses start rollin in
Old 05-13-2010, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

you say this not knowing how these things are going to take to mods. Give them some break in time and it will make a difference, and if the aftermarket blows up and these things respond well isn't that really where it's at? How many guys on this site are actually bone stock? Even with the smaller cubes this 5.0 could turn out to be a beast. I think it'll be fun to see how it goes.

Quick Reply: 2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1