Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by oddwraith
I'd like to see proof that it's not? Wtf? What kind of argument is that. I know a few old timers up here with bone stockers, hell even mine is close (and I bought it stock in 08)
There will never be "proof". There will be people saying it is, because that makes the 'camaro look better, of course.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ******* catalina wine mixer....
Old 05-13-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by snake95
Well, I cannot speak for the ones who say they "put the fanboys in their place", I am VERY aware of the capability of GM motors and do not downplay them. However, I think the reason some Ford guys may talk like that is because they have heard it in both ears about the LS1 pounding on Stangs, and not just playful "Hey, I beat your ***, haha", it's hateful **** as in "Yeah suck a **** and go wreck that piece of **** stang, can't hang with my ****". There are jackasses on both sides of the fence, of course, and even though I run into a lot of Mustang douchebags, it always seems like there's more Camaro guys who never ever have one positive thing to say about a Mustang or Ford, even if their life depended on it. That's not pride, it's ignorance.
No you can't, and I don't expect you too. Personally I find a lot more ignorant stang guys than anything else, and that includes import dudes btw. Also, most guys on here aren't too bad with welcoming our Ford buddys in our forum.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigMat
Stupid, because I have my OWN opinion? Figures
Old 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

There will never be "proof". There will be people saying it is, because that makes the 'camaro look better, of course.
Wasn't that my point? That no one knows either way? I don't see a reason for saying it was if it wasn't so I like to give the benefit of the doubt. I have no reason not to think it was stock. Care to provide any reasons?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bene
I'm with you.
Originally Posted by bah321
LoL, why the hate
Old 05-13-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

****~! Now i'm going to have to start multi-quoting again so I don't have a whole **** load of posts on here
Old 05-13-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

Old 05-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'd like to see proof that it's not? Wtf? What kind of argument is that. I know a few old timers up here with bone stockers, hell even mine is close (and I bought it stock in 08)
You would like to think its stock. Its not an argument you (sigh, don't wanna get banned)....its me asking for proof its not stock. Thats all.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

No you can't, and I don't expect you too. Personally I find a lot more ignorant stang guys than anything else, and that includes import dudes btw. Also, most guys on here aren't too bad with welcoming our Ford buddys in our forum.
I appreciate that. Off topic question, why is my post count still at zero?
Old 05-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

****~! Now i'm going to have to start multi-quoting again so I don't have a whole **** load of posts on here
Why is it always the guys with the slow cars that get all worked up over a Mustang?
Old 05-13-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posts only count in technical sections. They don't register in here, the lounge, etc..
Old 05-13-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You would like to think its stock. Its not an argument you (sigh, don't wanna get banned)....its me asking for proof its not stock. Thats all.
You won't get banned. Jay is pretty good as long as we aren't morons and imature. I was asking the same thing as you were, but in reverse. What reason do you have to doubt it was stock is what I'm wondering?

It's only because this is a tech site, so posts in the SR&K section don't count. I would just like to point out that I am in no way a fanboy, but playing the devil's advocate doesn't hurt sometimes in order to get your point across. It was a good vid that gave us a little something to think about.
Staging Lane

Thanks for the fyi.
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Yea I did, Im not one who thinks the new mustangs are coming out and there are going to run slow. I just think Ford has been giving motortrend there cars on the condition that they give them a bit of an overrated time slip in there magazines and vids. All I see the the new 5th gen camaro's down here running 13.5-13.6's, so I think the new GT's will be fast, but not 12's stock. Maybe with drag radials, track package sheet, and perfect weather, but thats about it.
5th gen camaros stock run in the low 13's high 12's. i have no idea on what up hill track you live by.

Originally Posted by jjs89lx
Is this why evo has ran a 11.8x constantly? Oh excuse me, had a slight tune ( did not mess with TIVCT ), drop in KN,off road x and catback, big and littles with et streets, and upper and lower control arms.

Edit: since you like videos..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qc4Xb7G1ck
someone is going to come in here and call that a lie as well.

but to recap, a tune and it was deep into the 12's. tire and into the 11's. but stock ls1's have nothing to worry about... yep.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jabawalkie
Now that sounds about right. Ford claimed a month ago the 5.0 would weigh 3520.
thats with prob 50-75% full tank and no driver.... he quoted a weight with a full tank and a driver.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Why is it always the guys with the slow cars that get all worked up over a Mustang?
Who is worked up? I like having Mustangs to whoop on. Oh and btw, I have a twenty thousand dollar line of credit=-think I can make my car real fast so that way I'm more respected? Think about what you say dude, anyone can have a fast car, but being quick on your feet is another story. Don't get mad man, I'm just stating my opinions and asking questions like you are. I wasn't the one who wanted to call you a name but didn't for fear of being banned boo hoooo. Now smarten up or we WILL get this thread closed and one of us will end up at least warned. Peace bro.

Btw. my car runs quite a bit quicker than a 13.4 Oh let me guess, that's not your real e.t. haha. Ford guys, gotta love em.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ArcticMissile
Found another. This is going to get ugly rofl.

funny because thats really all ls1 guys are going to have to use when 5.0 stangs are walking away from them hard stock for stock.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

You won't get banned. Jay is pretty good as long as we aren't morons and imature. I was asking the same thing as you were, but in reverse. What reason do you have to doubt it was stock is what I'm wondering?
I'm saying it because I know what alot of the specs are for the new 5.0. Best heads that have EVER come on a Ford. Even better than the Ford GT heads. The intake is a good design. And the motor has high compression. A stock LS1 has it's hands full with a damn N/A 4.6L Mach 1 so how is a stock one going to pull a new 5.0 hard like that? Either, driver error, driver error, or the LS1 wasn't stock. Not alot here to think about. Now a win is a win but its hard to know what the truth is and what is what past the obvious that the LS1 won. But I see no reason to base what will happen in the future between the two cars on this single video.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow.

I hope jay locks this up real quick. This is getting moronically rediculous (for the most part).

Quick Reply: 2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1