Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticMissile
Found another. This is going to get ugly rofl.

It is funny, but in a couple months I got a feeling these will go away.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

at the posters
Old 05-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
It is funny, but in a couple months I got a feeling these will go away.
Whaddaya mean? One race of a """"Stock"""" LS1 beating an off-the-lot 5.0 with what may be a shitty driver definitely is the hard proof that every fanboi needed to see in order for their blueballs to empty in their shorts. Of course it means the new 5.0s will be dogs

Unbelievable.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by snake95
Whaddaya mean? One race of a """"Stock"""" LS1 beating an off-the-lot 5.0 with what may be a shitty driver definitely is the hard proof that every fanboi needed to see in order for their blueballs to empty in their shorts. Of course it means the new 5.0s will be dogs

Unbelievable.
Maybe not, but not nearly as "untouchable" as some of us first assumed.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Unbelievable.
You gotta remember where you are. Alot of them know whats up, they just want to hold onto this video with hopes that the truth isn't true.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Untouchable? I don't know who thought they would be "untouchable", just a respectable fast car from the factory, and Ford's been overdue when it comes to that. GM did great with the LS1, and Ford should've stuck around and upped the cubic inches with a Windsor motor instead of dilly-dicking around with SOHC motors OR DOHC motors with 281 cubes nonetheless. Ford has GREAT engine designs, but it seems they always do something that makes you scratch your head i.e. 281 cubic inch motors/discontinuing the pushrod 'Stang.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

You gotta remember where you are. Alot of them know whats up, they just want to hold onto this video with hopes that the truth isn't true.
I never thought of it that way, good point.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ke^in
LOL!

If anyone thinks a stock LS1 Fbody is going to take a stock 2011 GT with decent drivers they are smoking crack.

Plain and simple.

Uh, it's a lot better than the old 5.0

What makes you the authority anyways? Did you even watch the video? What indications did you see there that the Mustang driver sucked, or that the Camaro was modded? Talk about jumping to conclusions.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
Really? LS1 guys see one video of an '02 SS beating a '11 GT and they have enough evidence to determine that the GT is slower than LS1 F-bodies, and overrated from the factory?

It seems like a bunch of street racing virgins need wipe up the mess you made all over the keyboard in front of you, and learn about how much the outcome can be affected by driving and extra weight. Learn the meaning of the addage, "anything can happen on the street."

Everything you know about that video is an assumption. Do you know for sure that the SS is stock? Even granting that assumption, what did you honestly think would happen when a 12.8@111 car with an extra 250 lbs passenger, and the non-performance gears raced a car that in stock form has gone 12s@110ish mph? Even if this F-body is a 13.5@107 slow poke, that's still easily capable of outrunning a driver that doesn't power shift, and doesn't stay in the gears to redline. If the Stang owner was shifting at 6k instead of 7k, that's easily enough to allow an LS1 to crush the GT.

Chris
Plus 10,000,000,000,000,000,000
Old 05-13-2010, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a 5.0 after seeing this video just to race my buddies stock '99 Z28 and post it on the forums.

Well, I actually ordered it last week. But I can guarantee you guys I will race him over and over with the traction control OFF and see what happens. I am spending 34K just for LS1tech testing purposes!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
it is pretty obvious that the new 5.0 is faster than stock LS1 fbodies.... now where the hell are we going to find a stock ls1 fbody?
It will take a few modded ones too

BTW stock fbodies are all over the MOV are. Or stock with a catback.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oddwraith
What makes you the authority anyways? Did you even watch the video? What indications did you see there that the Mustang driver sucked, or that the Camaro was modded? Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Because I read the entire thread and obviously you did not.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Untouchable? I don't know who thought they would be "untouchable", just a respectable fast car from the factory, and Ford's been overdue when it comes to that. GM did great with the LS1, and Ford should've stuck around and upped the cubic inches with a Windsor motor instead of dilly-dicking around with SOHC motors OR DOHC motors with 281 cubes nonetheless. Ford has GREAT engine designs, but it seems they always do something that makes you scratch your head i.e. 281 cubic inch motors/discontinuing the pushrod 'Stang.
Yes untouchable. Untouchable by a stock fbody that is. Obviously the fact that so many people thought they weren't going to keep up with the new 5.0 isn't so much a fact as it is hype! So yeah, a lot of people thought that these new cars would be untouchable by a stock ls1 car, guess again. Speaking of fanboys on here, why is it when a Ford beats a Chev it's all about "putting the fanboys in their place", yet when it's the other way around, we have to listen to every excuse under the sun? I think it's great what these old ls1s can do, and frankly even if they come within two or three car lengths it's saying a lot about a decade or more old technology.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would just like to know where is the proof that this LS1 was stock? I mean who keeps a 2002 or earlier LS1 SS Camaro stock?

Someone show me proof that this LS1 was stock.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

These things are untouchable when racing a stock LS1 when the GT has a decent driver and these other things aren't factors

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13324843-post95.html
Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Yes untouchable. Untouchable by a stock fbody that is. Obviously the fact that so many people thought they weren't going to keep up with the new 5.0 isn't so much a fact as it is hype! So yeah, a lot of people thought that these new cars would be untouchable by a stock ls1 car, guess again. Speaking of fanboys on here, why is it when a Ford beats a Chev it's all about "putting the fanboys in their place", yet when it's the other way around, we have to listen to every excuse under the sun? I think it's great what these old ls1s can do, and frankly even if they come within two or three car lengths it's saying a lot about a decade or more old technology.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

It's the ******* Catalina Wine Mixer.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I cannot speak for the ones who say they "put the fanboys in their place", I am VERY aware of the capability of GM motors and do not downplay them. However, I think the reason some Ford guys may talk like that is because they have heard it in both ears about the LS1 pounding on Stangs, and not just playful "Hey, I beat your ***, haha", it's hateful **** as in "Yeah suck a **** and go wreck that piece of **** stang, can't hang with my ****". There are jackasses on both sides of the fence, of course, and even though I run into a lot of Mustang douchebags, it always seems like there's more Camaro guys who never ever have one positive thing to say about a Mustang or Ford, even if their life depended on it. That's not pride, it's ignorance.
TECH Fanatic

I would just like to know where is the proof that this LS1 was stock? I mean who keeps a 2002 or earlier LS1 SS Camaro stock?

Someone show me proof that this LS1 was stock.
I'd like to see proof that it's not? Wtf? What kind of argument is that. I know a few old timers up here with bone stockers, hell even mine is close (and I bought it stock in 08)
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ArcticMissile
It's the ******* Catalina Wine Mixer.

Quick Reply: 2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1