Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 near stock '02 WS6's verse 2 '11 5.0 GT's.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010 | 07:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Bone stock VS bone stock on AVERAGE? Yes, they are actually a pretty decent race. M6/M6 from a roll isn't a murder... 30-120 the Cobra should be out about 2 or so lengths, not hardly a "raping" by any means.

From a dig it is actually a pretty close race on average, Cobra has a SMALL advantage... Mostly thanks to its IRS making it more difficult for most people to launch.

Cobra definitely has the advantage... But I have seen some VERY close stock/stock roll races as well as digs going both ways.

If you are talking about Evan Smith being behind the wheel in both then excuse me... I don't live in that world.
My WS6 (Lid, Catback no cutout then) vs My Friends 03 Cobra (Catback)
http://www.streetfire.net/video/03-c...t-2_681765.htm
Old 08-02-2010 | 07:08 PM
***Repost Police***

Well like I've said, I watched an '02 WS6 with just a whisper lid and SFCs run 12.99 @ 110mph with a 2.15 60'. So (theoretically) with a 2.0 60' that would have been ~12.7 as well. There are just tons of variances in LS1 F-bodies, more than I've seen in any other car.
Old 08-02-2010 | 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well like I've said, I watched an '02 WS6 with just a whisper lid and SFCs run 12.99 @ 110mph with a 2.15 60'. So (theoretically) with a 2.0 60' that would have been ~12.7 as well. There are just tons of variances in LS1 F-bodies, more than I've seen in any other car.
LOL you should look into GTOs then. One runs 14.0 @ 102 mph and the next one goes 12.8@ 110 mph. Dont know if its driver or what but it is a very wide range of times and m'sph which really explains why everyone thinks they are so much slower than everything else when they arent.
Old 08-02-2010 | 07:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
LOL you should look into GTOs then. One runs 14.0 @ 102 mph and the next one goes 12.8@ 110 mph. Dont know if its driver or what but it is a very wide range of times and m'sph which really explains why everyone thinks they are so much slower than everything else when they arent.
x2 i remember when the 05-06 GTO's first came out and no one at our track besides a select few could get them under 14's, now everyone is running low 13's and high 12's stock
Old 08-02-2010 | 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

NiteRiderWS6: you gotta post up some pics of your lady. Guys on other forums are calling BS on her being beautiful. I"m stunned no one on this testerone fueled website have called for her pics yet! lol
Old 08-02-2010 | 08:51 PM
Teching In

Sticks, nice job on setting this up and sticking with it to the end. You knew how it would end though, and the Ford guys suprisingly didnt turn to the "what if's" and" irrelevent" random vids until almost 10 pages. Kudos to all.

Man, so many posts to cover.

1st off, I have personally seen a bone stock 02 R/A anniversity convertible ( local dealer brought it out, salesman drove it) go 13.12 at 109 and change. This was a brand new car, less than 25 miles on it. This happened at Bremerton Raceway in 2002. I flogged the crap out of my wifes 2000 T/A ( 16" stock all season goodyears) to a best of 13.4 @ 107.8. The POS Hurst shifter would not allow no lift shifts to 3rd. The best run was after 3 hot laps, had more to do with my lack of ability than the car. The MPH was respectable for a BONE stock LS1.

Comparing MMAFF's ace driver times is purely retarded, if you are doing this, shut your pie whole and get your magazine racing *** to the track. You dont know **** about 1/4 mile times.

As far as the 5.0 being faster, I am sure a manual tranny car is going to pull 3+ cars on a basicly stock ( well taken care of and well driven ) 4th gen Fbody, but the vid doesnt lie. It doesnt have much more power. I am sure a track packed equiped Mustang will put another car + on the leed. . The 4th gen F bodys werent saddled with tourqe management like most of todays cars are. The Mustang will pick up another car with deletion of TM. To this, I say cograts to Ford for finnally delivering a car that competes in the same price range as it's main competitor.

Again, congrats to the people who set pride aside and actually provided an honest straight up example of what consumers should expect in a direct comparison. For the bench racers that want to compare vids of cars being cherry picked from the internet, get a life and go to the track. Run your ****, then come back and talk smack.
Old 08-02-2010 | 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
NiteRiderWS6: you gotta post up some pics of your lady. Guys on other forums are calling BS on her being beautiful. I"m stunned no one on this testerone fueled website have called for her pics yet! lol
I was going to...... But at the time it was mentioned we weren't on "talking terms" so I figured I wouldn't get a pic!

So...... Pics!
Old 08-02-2010 | 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

After reading all this, I have to say it's too bad I was working because it's about a 40 minute drive from where I am to where this went down. I wouldn't have been much competition though because my clutch hydraulics basically don't allow WOT shifts anymore. I would bring the Syclone though to see how long it takes you guys to run me down.
Old 08-03-2010 | 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

necrocannibal, are you serious you went 12.82 bone ******* stock? That's impressive. I've seen guys with headers/OR Y/ gears/lid/tune only get 13.0s in an M6 You must be one hell of a driver!
Old 08-03-2010 | 12:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
shes going to kill me lol
Old 08-03-2010 | 01:11 AM
Staging Lane

Good God she's gorgeous.
Old 08-03-2010 | 01:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by snake95
Good God she's gorgeous.
That's nothing: you outta see her in person. Niterider is one lucky SOB!
Old 08-03-2010 | 02:13 AM

Hey guys.. .someone over at bimmerforums told me to jump in here. I'm not a streetracer or anything, I just picked up my first American car (I'm 42) and I'm having fun with it so far. It's kinda big for I'm used to, kinda raw, but they've come along way. I'm supposed to be hunting out Tracy here for for some type of a "run". I'm not sure where on the Eastside a run can be made without cops. Where is this desert you are all talking about? How far is a desert away from Seattle? I think I finally have it all broken in; I've got 1500 miles on it.. and it's a little heavier than a track pack because I got the premium with every possible package.. including that really heavy glass roof, but it does have the 3.73 gearing. The 19" wheels will slow it down a little compared to the 18's I would think, but the stock rubber is a lot softer on the Brembo package than the rubber that comes with the 18's, so maybe it's an even tradeoff.

Tracy, I got a deferrment on my last ticket so I can't have another until February or else I'm going to have 2 at once!!!

Coming from a bimmer background, I really like the muscle cars that America is putting out lately... I thought they had a bad 20 year run there, but the last few years have been pretty cool looking!... and there is power to boot!

I have no idea why I picked a Ford over a camero or a challenger or whatnot.. it was an impulse buy really... one had come up on my ***... it looked intimidating.. I googled it and found out the 2011 had lots of HP, more than the bimmer I tracked and that you could actually take it deep into a turn at a track without dying for once.... and I was feeling patriotic... so I thought I'd spend local for once.

Cheers!
Old 08-03-2010 | 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What I want to know is when is niterider ready for mannyman.
Old 08-03-2010 | 02:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brycerichert
Hey guys.. .someone over at bimmerforums told me to jump in here. I'm not a streetracer or anything, I just picked up my first American car (I'm 42) and I'm having fun with it so far. It's kinda big for I'm used to, kinda raw, but they've come along way. I'm supposed to be hunting out Tracy here for for some type of a "run". I'm not sure where on the Eastside a run can be made without cops. Where is this desert you are all talking about? How far is a desert away from Seattle? I think I finally have it all broken in; I've got 1500 miles on it.. and it's a little heavier than a track pack because I got the premium with every possible package.. including that really heavy glass roof, but it does have the 3.73 gearing. The 19" wheels will slow it down a little compared to the 18's I would think, but the stock rubber is a lot softer on the Brembo package than the rubber that comes with the 18's, so maybe it's an even tradeoff.

Tracy, I got a deferrment on my last ticket so I can't have another until February or else I'm going to have 2 at once!!!

Coming from a bimmer background, I really like the muscle cars that America is putting out lately... I thought they had a bad 20 year run there, but the last few years have been pretty cool looking!... and there is power to boot!

I have no idea why I picked a Ford over a camero or a challenger or whatnot.. it was an impulse buy really... one had come up on my ***... it looked intimidating.. I googled it and found out the 2011 had lots of HP, more than the bimmer I tracked and that you could actually take it deep into a turn at a track without dying for once.... and I was feeling patriotic... so I thought I'd spend local for once.

Cheers!
First thing First: NEVER go deferrment. I got a couple lawyers that can get you out of just about anything, for cheap- but if you got a deferrement already, it complicates things.

Second thing: you were supposed to PM me. I'm at work right now, working graveyards, so call me. PM sent with phone number

Like I mentioned before, my car is going under the knife for heads/cam/ported intake this week, so we need to do this tomorrow night. I should be able to get a couple LS1 Fbodies to show up, too. Be on your game!

You will get a chance to do runs from your favorite speed, and vice versa with us. I'll send out the texts first thing in the morning to see who can make it on short notice.
Old 08-03-2010 | 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
necrocannibal, are you serious you went 12.82 bone ******* stock? That's impressive. I've seen guys with headers/OR Y/ gears/lid/tune only get 13.0s in an M6 You must be one hell of a driver!
Those guys must suck at driving. I will admit that it was a perfect night, 50 degrees no humidity and a perfectly prepped track but it did indeed go that. Pulled a 1.92 60 on that run on street tires. I cant believe guys with a low 12 second car are running 13s.
Old 08-03-2010 | 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

Every track is different Necrocannibal. We dont see those numbers on the west coast: especially up in Oregon or Washington. Full bolton LS1 Fbodies and LS2 GTO's are high 12's if launched well: lots of low 13's if they cant do better than a 2.1 60' time.

Other GTO owners were actually surprised when I hit 12.9's with my stock stall, just CAI/LT's/ Tune/catback/trans ECU.
Old 08-03-2010 | 08:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Those guys must suck at driving. I will admit that it was a perfect night, 50 degrees no humidity and a perfectly prepped track but it did indeed go that. Pulled a 1.92 60 on that run on street tires. I cant believe guys with a low 12 second car are running 13s.
Damn, on street tires. Throw on some Mickeys and you would've probably seen 12.5-6s.
Old 08-03-2010 | 08:33 AM
Teching In

Sweet vid!

Where did all the 5.0 nutswingers go that fast.
Old 08-03-2010 | 08:35 AM
12 Second Club

Run what ya brung!! Nuff said!!