Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 near stock '02 WS6's verse 2 '11 5.0 GT's.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFrossty
Good job guys! I find it alittle funny that the battle for stock, street supremacy should be the LS3 vs 5.0 but the 4thGen LS1s are the ones waving the Banner and saying to Ford, "You can't have it"
Um stock for stock the 5.0 is still faster than the LS1 and LS3. What are you going on about?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
shes going to kill me lol
You have a beautiful lady there NR.

Congrats on the races BTW.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unknown pontiac
manny & nite if you do run them post up vids.
Originally Posted by Ke^in
Um stock for stock the 5.0 is still faster than the LS1 and LS3. What are you going on about?
????? Even the ls3 vette?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

manny I was assuming everyone knew I was referring to the Camaro.

I mean if someone said "5.4 modulars aren't that much faster than Camaros" and I responded "EVEN THE FORD GT!?!?" wouldn't that be kinda silly?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

And here he is to wreck the thread................................again.

I was going on about how the LS1, at being a 13 year old engine is still a good match for the new 5.0. That's it. It was a simple comment that a couple Mustang faithful took out of context and blew up over for no reason. I insulted the 5.0 or stated the LS1 was better than that 5.0. I even stated the 5.0 had the edge against the LS1 and LS3 dig and roll. I can't believe on a LS1 based board you can't make a positive comment about the LS1 in comparison to the new 5.0 and not have the Ford Horde jump in and attack you over nothing.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You already did that
Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
You already did that
No, my comment was not bashing Ford or the Mustang or anyone else for that matter. It was nothing other than an honest fact that someone obviously took the wrong way and got pissy about it for whatever reason. Then THAT person wrecked it.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

Yes because the thread, with you in it, was going perfectly before I stepped in. No one but me called you out for such things. It's all my fault.

I was going on about how the LS1, at being a 13 year old engine is still a good match for the new 5.0. That's it.
If that is all you meant, then I thoroughly apologize, and I agree. The LS1 was ahead of it's time as far as HP and mobility.
It was a simple comment that a couple Mustang faithful took out of context and blew up over for no reason.
Of course it was.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Yes because the thread, with you in it, was going perfectly before I stepped in. No one but me called you out for such things. It's all my fault.

If that is all you meant, then I thoroughly apologize, and I agree. The LS1 was ahead of it's time as far as HP and mobility.

Of course it was.

It was going fine until someone took my comment the wrong way and started in on me. My comment was not directed toward anyone or any car.

That was all I meant. I also apologize to you sir. I should not have been so harsh in my response to you. In fact, I was just about to edit it before I saw your response to it. Again, I'm sorry. I'm just a little frustrated with people jumping on my case about a simple comment and turning it into a huge ordeal over nothing.

I honestly only meant it as what I stated it as. If I meant it to insult the Stang, I would have insulted the Stang. I know the new Mustang is faster than the LS1 and LS3. I know it, I get it, I've stated it and never denied it. But I also know the LS1 is still a good match for both the 5.0 and LS3. It basically comes down to a driver's race in all matters. A mistake in the Mustang, it loses. A mistake in the LS3/LS1, it loses. A equal/better driver in the Mustang, it wins. Now that we all have hashed that out, can this bickering end?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

2011 5.0 > LS1 Fbody > LS3 Fbody

That is all. Can you say 10's with bolt ons?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I like this post on SVTP about this race...

Originally Posted by Cobra Jet 429
So this is the slowest trim a new 5.0 comes in. Slouchey gears, auto, no track pack, and still hangin with/ beating up on LS1s with mods....
Old 08-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
2011 5.0 > LS1 Fbody > LS3 Fbody

That is all. Can you say 10's with bolt ons?
its the truth, i wonder how a bolt on LS3 Camaro vs bolt on 5.0 would go
Old 08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mannyman84
What I want to know is when is niterider ready for mannyman.
just let me know when
Old 08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I like this post on SVTP about this race...

I like seeing an ls1 with just intake and catback running with any brand new pony car. You would think by now even the slowest GT would still be far ahead of a light bolt on ls1. Heck you could of gotten lid and catback as an option on some fbodies. Throw a $50 cutout on and go have fun with a brand new Mustang! Thats impressive.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
I like seeing an ls1 with just intake and catback running with any brand new pony car. You would think by now even the slowest GT would still be far ahead of a light bolt on ls1. Heck you could of gotten lid and catback as an option on some fbodies. Throw a $50 cutout on and go have fun with a brand new Mustang! Thats impressive.
You could say the same thing about the new Camaro. The fact of the matter is the Fbody had awesome power and at a weight that didn't bring it down.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
You could say the same thing about the new Camaro. The fact of the matter is the Fbody had awesome power and at a weight that didn't bring it down.
this is true. Im not a fan of what GM did with the 2010 honestly.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Not really. We are still talking 3.6 bore 302cid motor vs a 4.0 bore 346cid motor, yet the bigger motor still need more aftermarket parts to be faster.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

I was going on about how the LS1, at being a 13 year old engine is still a good match for the new 5.0. That's it. It was a simple comment that a couple Mustang faithful took out of context and blew up over for no reason. I insulted the 5.0 or stated the LS1 was better than that 5.0. I even stated the 5.0 had the edge against the LS1 and LS3 dig and roll. I can't believe on a LS1 based board you can't make a positive comment about the LS1 in comparison to the new 5.0 and not have the Ford Horde jump in and attack you over nothing.
I couldn't agee more. It is what it is, yeah he 5.0 should be faster but all the vids I see against an ls1, the mustang loses. Give credit where credit is due. The 13 yr old ls1 is still bad *** and it took this long for ford to actually have a car that can come out in front in n/a form. Nice job ford.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Exactly. Let's keep the feeding order on the side of the much maligned and ostracized GM LSx side. I've had enough of people down talking LS1's thru LS3's (at least the Z06 got it's correct respect). It's easy to let **** slide when morons with slow cars talk about "killing this or that Camaro/GTO/vette" when you know you and your brethren are the top of the food chain. Well guess what? No more damned nice guy: attack these guys that talk ****, call them out, and if you can't beat them then chances are there is a LSx somewhere nearby that can.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but the Camaro lost its crown back in 2003. Mustangs being faster than Camaros is nothing new.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Snake Blown
Sorry to rain on your parade, but the Camaro lost its crown back in 2003. Mustangs being faster than Camaros is nothing new.
But...but...but...but...it's not OUR fault that GM gave the Camaro and Firdbird a foot in the *** in 03! Nothing we could do about it! There was no 03 Camaro so your argument doesn't count.

*says Neener neener neener! with my fingers in my ears*