Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gto killed

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IWGF
Too bad you're not closer... I'd give you a race for you to spray
LOL i like racing man win or loose im always game.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
As for Gateway:
i read that also about 3 days ago, i think i found it on yellow bullet or lethal1320 not sure which.

I hope gateway stays open , it is a great track and i have lots of memories there. Only reason i think it will close is because dover released their quarterly reports and noted that they were in a spot to make a decision about keeping the track open much like memphis that they own also. I will see if i can find it but if i were a betting man ... axed sadly.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Teching In

here is one of the ones i found that was released by NHRA stating financial reasons

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...-and-gets-them

THE LOST MARKETS

The NHRA has lost two tracks from their schedule in the last two seasons which essentially serviced the same markets – Memphis and St. Louis. Both tracks are owned by Dover Motorsports who decided financially, it was best to close Memphis Motorsports Park and will likely follow suit with their Gateway International Raceway property.However, the track is currently open and no official statement has been made regarding its future.

For Compton, these losses have been painful. While Memphis has little hope of returning, St. Louis has a glimmer of hope if new ownership is procured.

“Times are tough,” Compton said. “They’re having their own challenges. We understand and respect that. Having said that we would like to return to the St. Louis market, if at all possible. We're certainly working with them and anyone they might be dealing with in the future, to try to make that happen.”
Old 09-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Let's run'em... dig or roll, your choice. I am living in Bossier City, but frequently travel through Monroe/West Monroe.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RacerBill
Let's run'em... dig or roll, your choice. I am living in Bossier City, but frequently travel through Monroe/West Monroe.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

.....aaaand go.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Launching!

I was sitting here and thinking to myself a little more and thought it would be such a long drive that maybe we should put a little money on the line too.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was sitting here and thinking to myself a little more and thought it would be such a long drive that maybe we should put a little money on the line too.
**** yeah! Let it eat, break out them signed $100 bills!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Teching In

So I'm supposed to believe a bolt on automatic 3v pulls headers/tune 6spd GTO's from a roll?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
So I'm supposed to believe a bolt on automatic 3v pulls headers/tune 6spd GTO's from a roll?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Of course you are. Bolt on GTOs only run 14s and trap 99 mph.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Teching In

ill be in your area friday night at gilliam

i will race you for fun all night long.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ju1ce

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
watch the video, i dont care if you believe it or not. i have no reason to lie and the vids show the truth anyway keep living in denial.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Of course you are. Bolt on GTOs only run 14s and trap 99 mph.
full bolt on gto's run 12s but stock with just lt's and a tune ...... well hell here we go again in the same pond full of bullshit watch the vid......
Old 09-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BubbaRATM
ill be in your area friday night at gilliam

i will race you for fun all night long.
I might just cancel my trip to Dallas for this.

Boo! Lets at least race for a couple races for some $$$ or $$$$, which ever you prefer.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Really not trying to sound like an *** here but lt's and a tune will put a well driven fbody into the 12's let alone an ls2 goat and while its not a GTO an ls2 gto and ls1 fbody are similar in performance. Its not the norm for either of the cars above to be in the 12's stock but it does happen either car is capable in stock form in the right conditions. On the other hand I have NEVER seen a stock or even mild bolt on 3v stang in the 12's with a decent trap. GTO driver cant driver or he has a crap tune. Sorry not trying to be a dick but the stang will not pull a stock gto like that take a look down the page, theres a thread with a stock gt5o running an s197.
EX. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXFF...ext=1&index=18 12.69 on drags 12.95 on street tires.
Once again not a GTO but very close
Old 09-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redbird555
] 12.69 on drags 12.95 on street tires.
Once again not a GTO but very close
only part of the post that appealed to me

i don't know who tuned it... ill ask the guy when i can.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

How do you figure a bolt on GTO can only run 12's? Check this link and video out
There is some slight weight reduction but still very impressive for the mods with stock gears...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second...-bolt-gto.html
Old 09-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Teching In

I might just cancel my trip to Dallas for this.

Boo! Lets at least race for a couple races for some $$$ or $$$$, which ever you prefer.

come on out ill race you for fun as i already said , the argument here is over a BONE STOCK that means stock weight and stock tires.

Now the race i had last night was just as a comparison and fun but if you want to race by all means come out but don't come out there and start a bunch of ****. Im going there for FUN before i go to basic next week.

Whats all done to this gto anyway?
Old 09-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by demarco313
How do you figure a bolt on GTO can only run 12's? Check this link and video out
There is some slight weight reduction but still very impressive for the mods with stock gears...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second...-bolt-gto.html
i didnt say can only go 12's , yes the weight reduction to 3200lbs without driver helps alot and the wheels and suspension.

My statement of full bolt ons go 12 is pretty damn accurate , yes some dip in the 11s but that one is light for a goat and works well with what is has done.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BubbaRATM
come on out ill race you for fun as i already said , the argument here is over a BONE STOCK that means stock weight and stock tires.

Now the race i had last night was just as a comparison and fun but if you want to race by all means come out but don't come out there and start a bunch of ****. Im going there for FUN before i go to basic next week.

Whats all done to this gto anyway?
Since when did this turn into an "BONE STOCK" argument and the fact that it has to be stock weight and stock tires? Does it also have to be stock spark plugs, stock tire pressure, recommended factory weight oil, stock lugnuts.... this **** is ridiculous. I can guarantee you that my car would have smoked yours when I had just headers with no tune. You know how I know?... because I raced a ton of these so-called full bolt-on GTs.

You are making it out as though the GTs are a feather weight, but the fact is that they are a bit porky too. Hell, the race weight can be damn near even with a fat GT driver and a lean GTO driver. Fuel levels will play a big role too.

Just as the other guy here, I am also wondering who "tuned" his car. FWIW, there aren't hardly any reputable t00ners around the Monroe area. Most of them wouldn't know their *** from a hole in the ground.

With all that being said, from the way you are talking sounds like you have already been beat, and we haven't even ran. You let me tune that GTO and let me drive, and all you will be seeing is the tail lights.... game over.

My GTO is nothing more than a lil ole slow GTO

Quick Reply: Gto killed