Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

High school kids get a lesson (Jetta vs DSM)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
once again my point. and im redneck lmfao. ill tell ya what come on down my way and ill show ya what a real street race is. bring any money u wanna loose and ill bust that AWD *** from a dig on the streets. and see what kinda redneck i am lol
Yeah because rednecks don't have old junky fast cars .
Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Shut the **** up you ricer. How is the guy with a 400whp+ DSM build a ricer? You're the GM nut swinging **** giving all other GM guys bad names. Go back to autozone and get your awesome stickers to put on your car.
I agree that a 400whp+ dsm is by no means a riced out ride, and the guy actually didn't sound like a "ricer" (which is an overused term anyways )

the DSM doesnt make him a ricer its the racing on the highway that makes him a ricer. hell ill shake his hand for doin a 400 hp 4 banger there r a few guys my way goin 8.60s in the 1/4 with a few DSMs and im fine with them. they dont go driving fast and furious on a highway
Ok dad. Why bother posting in the SR&K section if you're going to preach about street racing? I for one am confused

i didnt say traffic. i said highway. and 1200 miles might be a lil too far i didnt see that
Yeah I think you miss a lot in general. Most keyboard commandos are like that. You sir, should be banned just because. No one would give a ****, and it would prove a good point here on ls1.tech. Conversations about other makes of vehicles are WELCOME on LS1.tech, and in fact are encouraged! Here, we don't have our heads up our asses, and here we are a tech site (and a damn good one). Here, we don't put up with bullshit like the type thrown around by guys like you. Even though it's in the SR&K section, we still have a bs/troll tolerance meter- even for part time or career trolls like you (slipping under the radar just enough ) ! Thanks for bringing some class to the ls1 community

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
I haven't been coming to LS1tech in a while. I don't know why. I forgot how awesome this place is.
x 1,000 000 lol.

Last edited by oddwraith; 11-17-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and y is this on a GM forum?
Why are you on an ls1 forum when you have an LT1 you hypocrite.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Teching In

once again my point. and im redneck lmfao. ill tell ya what come on down my way and ill show ya what a real street race is. bring any money u wanna loose and ill bust that AWD *** from a dig on the streets. and see what kinda redneck i am lol
Lol someones mad. Challenging someone to a race that's obviously out of range is just retarded. You prolly looked at his location before you posted. Autozone wants their tattoo back.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by willizm
Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
You win sir!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks to the more enlightened members. I'm glad the general consensus is a little more accepting than it began.

I have respect for well prepared, well driven cars regardless of import/domestic/engine layout etc, and i'm glad to see there are a decent number of guys here who feel the same way.

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak123

OP- post pics of your car, i'd like to see.
See attached for pics of my riced out POS.
Attached Thumbnails High school kids get a lesson (Jetta vs DSM)-snow.jpg   High school kids get a lesson (Jetta vs DSM)-dyno.jpg   High school kids get a lesson (Jetta vs DSM)-engine-bay.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

Sooo I creeped on SexyTransAm

He made a thread about his races, some of which were on the highway...here

And he also makes various posts in other threads, but doesn't seem to care as long as GM stuff is involved. Hypocricy anyone? I'd post those but I'm too lazy. Suffice it to say, he just doesn't like this non-GM thread.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beans
Thanks to the more enlightened members. I'm glad the general consensus is a little more accepting than it began.

I have respect for well prepared, well driven cars regardless of import/domestic/engine layout etc, and i'm glad to see there are a decent number of guys here who feel the same way.

VERY inconspicuous. Clean import
Old 11-17-2010, 10:41 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
Sooo I creeped on SexyTransAm

He made a thread about his races, some of which were on the highway...here

And he also makes various posts in other threads, but doesn't seem to care as long as GM stuff is involved. Hypocricy anyone? I'd post those but I'm too lazy. Suffice it to say, he just doesn't like this non-GM thread.
Yeah, also I love how he jumped down the OP's throat within a minute of the thread getting posted yet he didn't say **** in the Slobalt vs 335xi thread I posted a week or so ago. I think all of the import guys that posted in this thread could take him anyway.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What kind of track times are you getting with that?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

That valvecover is rice!!! lol jp - clean car homie
Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

I cant wait to see how mature his response will be.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
VERY inconspicuous. Clean import
Thanks!

Originally Posted by BLK95-Z
What kind of track times are you getting with that?
I don't know yet. I drove it on the street for a few thousand miles after i got it together/tuned properly, and then switched to a more aggressive set of cams and floated valves, so i missed the end of the season.

Roll cage is going in next month. I expect to need it to stay legal, my local track doesn't tolerate low 11s or better without a cage.

Originally Posted by sujomatt
That valvecover is rice!!! lol jp - clean car homie
Haha, i welded bigger breathers in it so i had to paint it after. I had no choice, i swear!

Last edited by Beans; 11-17-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Op,
nice car,
SexyTranny is just jealous
Old 11-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Teching In

That is why I love this site!!! No punches are ever pulled and no BS politically correct crap.
All you guys who stated "Why are you posting this on an LSX site", are right. It had nothing to do with a GM product.
I am a Mustang guys (formerly a 2001 Z28 LS1 owner) and I would never post a kill or lose story on this site if it did not have a GM product associated with it. That is just me though.
On top of this, the two cars racing were both rice and not even American made. I think you have to have a lot of ***** to post this here.
Good for you guys on this site!
This country would be a lot better off also if this politically correct crap would stop already. Why does everyone get so offended when something is said to them that they do not like. Take the skirt off, loose the EGO and suck it up! If you got offended with what someone said, call him outside and settle it like a man..just like people did 50+ years ago.

Last edited by MACH32V; 11-17-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by proporio
Op,
nice car,
SexyTranny is just jealous
Im jealous to

How did you drive that bad *** talon for thousands of miles and not take it to the track?
Old 11-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Teching In

My former DSM ***** roomate (Hes had like 8 of them; VR4, several other 3000gt, couple talons etc) always complained about **** breaking if he ever went to the track.

But hes a noob
Old 11-17-2010, 01:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACH32V
That is why I love this site!!! No punches are ever pulled and no BS politically correct crap.
All you guys who stated "Why are you posting this on an LSX site", are right. It had nothing to do with a GM product.
I am a Mustang guys (formerly a 2001 Z28 LS1 owner) and I would never post a kill or lose story on this site if it did not have a GM product associated with it. That is just me though.
On top of this, the two cars racing were both rice and not even American made. I think you have to have a lot of ***** to post this here.
Good for you guys on this site!
This country would be a lot better off also if this politically correct crap would stop already. Why does everyone get so offended when something is said to them that they do not like. Take the skirt off, loose the EGO and suck it up! If you got offended with what someone said, call him outside and settle it like a man..just like people did 50+ years ago.
The OP is a regular here in the SRK section and his posts are respectful. Why not have him post a kill story here? He's being more respectful than some fbody guys that post in this section. I'm not ignorant or willing to hate a car that can perform with the best on this board so I'm sorry you can't understand why some of us would have respect for those cars. Hell I respect the occasional mustang that posts in this section. Should we start a lynch mob against non ls1 fbody owners in this forum?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
My former DSM ***** roomate (Hes had like 8 of them; VR4, several other 3000gt, couple talons etc) always complained about **** breaking if he ever went to the track.

But hes a noob
I've been trying to run a friend of a friends 1G DSM, but he always is giving me excuses why he can't do it. Those dsm's aren't really reliable for high boost unless you build it right from what I understand. Crank walk and transfer cases are ticking time bombs on those cars from what he says.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LightningTeg

But hes a noob
Nice Civic. Looks exactly like mine only mine's slower.

I think it went 10 oh's in the 8th

Quick Reply: High school kids get a lesson (Jetta vs DSM)