Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

High school kids get a lesson (Jetta vs DSM)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High school kids get a lesson (Jetta vs DSM)

This is a story from a few months ago.

I was late for a friend's surprise birthday party almost 2 hours away, so i was driving somewhat aggressively. I just worked my way through a little cluster of traffic and with open highway ahead, accelerated to 85-90mph.

I noticed a set of headlights gaining on me, so i let off and slowed down to play it safe. I didn't think it was a cop, but when you're 30 over the speed limit and someone is gaining, it makes sense to let off for a minute. Plus after they pass you know they'll find any cops ahead before you do.

Next thing i know, a black mkIV jetta with an exhaust and some stickers on the rear window flies by me. He's already wide open and doing about 90mph, while i'm at 70, and the passenger has the window down and is waving frantically for me to give chase. I looped the shift from 5->3 and got on it. At the top of third gear (100mph for me) he was still pulling a bit thanks to the huge jump he had. He was about 4-5 cars out when i began reeling him in. At the top of 4th (130mph) i was just behind him, but i had a huge momentum advantage. I grabbed 5th and stayed in it to 145 or so, putting some decent distance on him very quickly.

I gradually slowed to 70 and a mile later he was back along side. The passenger was a shaggy haired blonde kid, looked high school age, with a huge grin on his face, flashing me 2 thumbs up. I smiled and gave a wave, but I wanted one more run to show these kids how enormous of a jump they had the first time, so i dropped to third and motioned for them to take the hit. A few seconds later i see the jetta jump and i hit it. He gets about 3/4 of a car as the 30R spools up. The passenger is staring wide eyed through his open window, listening to the spool in the other lane. I glanced over as i heard the wastegate open and his jaw literally dropped. Over the next 3 seconds i put 3 lengths on them, grabbed 4th @ 100 and pulled away quickly.

I slowed back down but they stayed back for a few miles before they exited. The jetta wasn't slow, but it didn't have nearly enough for a 400whp (at the time) talon. I'll never forget the look on the passenger's face when i hit full boost (23psi then), and i know he won't forget the experience anytime soon either.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and y is this on a GM forum?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:30 AM
10 Second Club

Old 11-17-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^This
Old 11-17-2010, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
and y is this on a GM forum?
It says right in the title there's no GM car in the story. You didn't have to click it if you have no appreciation, did you?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beans
It says right in the title there's no GM car in the story. You didn't have to click it if you have no appreciation, did you?
and thats my point. y post it here? to sound cool cause u were racing at high speeds on the highway. go go speed racer. thats how people get killed ya ricer ****
Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good story but........
Old 11-17-2010, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

to damn near all this. I have seen dude post good dsm info here before, and good kill stories before. The SRK has a lot of traffic...not all of it has to be GM.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Teching In

and thats my point. y post it here? to sound cool cause u were racing at high speeds on the highway. go go speed racer. thats how people get killed ya ricer ****
This is the street racing forum retard.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill. Give OP a break. He took a long *** time typing the story out.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
This is the street racing forum retard.
well look its another ricer **** that thinks all street racing is done on the highway at 100+ mph. street racing is fine and i love running on the streets, but the way it should be done (as safe as possible, risking your own life not the life of theres) is on a back *** road that no one is on were u can see for miles if someone is coming.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Teching In

well look its another ricer **** that thinks all street racing is done on the highway at 100+ mph. street racing is fine and i love running on the streets, but the way it should be done (as safe as possible, risking your own life not the life of theres) is on a back *** road that no one is on were u can see for miles if someone is coming.
You can call me whatever you want but it won't make your slow LT1 any faster, or erase that stupid ******* tattoo.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:03 AM
10 Second Club

You can call me whatever you want but it won't make your slow LT1 any faster, or erase that stupid ******* tattoo.
lol good come back
Old 11-17-2010, 01:08 AM
10 Second Club

People get killed by doing stupid things in traffic.

I guessed you missed the "open highway" part, ya redneck ****.

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
to damn near all this. I have seen dude post good dsm info here before, and good kill stories before. The SRK has a lot of traffic...not all of it has to be GM.
Thanks. I post a Shelby kill and it's all props, but import on import is in the wrong place.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

this is the street racing forum retard.
+1

Originally Posted by mannyman84
good kill. Give op a break. He took a long *** time typing the story out.
+1
Old 11-17-2010, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beans
People get killed by doing stupid things in traffic.

once again my point. and im redneck lmfao. ill tell ya what come on down my way and ill show ya what a real street race is. bring any money u wanna loose and ill bust that AWD *** from a dig on the streets. and see what kinda redneck i am lol
Old 11-17-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is epic... I'd say stop the hatin' since were all Chevy owners here, butttttt...... hes a import...

SO LINE THEM UP!!!!

Not taking sides, but i wanna see a race. hahahaa
Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

once again my point. and im redneck lmfao. ill tell ya what come on down my way and ill show ya what a real street race is. bring any money u wanna loose and ill bust that AWD *** from a dig on the streets. and see what kinda redneck i am lol
Shut the **** up you ricer. How is the guy with a 400whp+ DSM build a ricer? You're the GM nut swinging **** giving all other GM guys bad names. Go back to autozone and get your awesome stickers to put on your car.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Shut the **** up you ricer. How is the guy with a 400whp+ DSM build a ricer? You're the GM nut swinging **** giving all other GM guys bad names. Go back to autozone and get your awesome stickers to put on your car.
the DSM doesnt make him a ricer its the racing on the highway that makes him a ricer. hell ill shake his hand for doin a 400 hp 4 banger there r a few guys my way goin 8.60s in the 1/4 with a few DSMs and im fine with them. they dont go driving fast and furious on a highway
Old 11-17-2010, 01:28 AM
10 Second Club

So your point is that racing in traffic is dangerous and what i was doing was dangerous even though i wasn't racing in traffic? Because thats what you just said.

Calling me out to race 1200 miles away? Seriously?

Quick Reply: High school kids get a lesson (Jetta vs DSM)