Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
...if the viper could hold the power then i belieave it could take the 1 mile crown with ease as it simply out powers everything else out their...but thats a BIG COULD...As no ones been able to do it yet for the full mile..
You really are stupider than I thought. Please, list some reasons why Vipers would win "with ease". Power isn't everything at those speeds. It's all about aero, rpms, and gearing on the big end. You act like the Viper is the end all of performance. ITS NOT. I would have a Ford GT for every reason imaginable before I had a Viper. The Viper is a shitty platform for the mile events it seems. Ford GTs and other are getting it done, and Vipers can't even make a full pass (your words). YOU ARE LETTING YOUR FANBOI STATUS GET IN THE WAY OF FACTUAL INFO.

You've really exposed yourself as a mega-fanboi and all around idiot. I guess you suffered some serious brain damage from all those times you smashed your Vipers into walls.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

A viper will never touch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk9vMQRIp1E

let alone this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksxEw...eature=related
Old 12-15-2010, 12:49 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He makes my brain hurt
Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FEARSM
LOL..WTF are you talking about. Numbers don't lie. Doesn't really matter WHY the supra was porduced in low numbers. The point is they WERE and are more rare than the VIPER or the NSX. Thats a fact. Stop trying to interject your OPINIONS as FACTS. Right now the Supra is the most sought after used car of the 1990's Import supercars and has kept its value so well that even KBB re-adjusted their pricing to account for that. It was built to compete with the RX-7, Corvette, 300ZX, and 3000 VR4. Even WITH the non turbo the units imported was still at 10000, less than HALF that of either of your cars.
FACTS > KILLEMALL'S OPINION

Although, in his mind it looks like this

FACTS = KILLEMALL'S OPINION

Facts strain his little brain, so don't bother using them. He throws logic out the door the minute he wakes up.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

1500 rwhp for the Viper is no problem. The supercharged ones are pushing 900-1100rwhp and the TT's are hitting 1700-2000rwhp.

Unfortunately, in the mile events the torque is blowing up the transmission, so despite the bigger rwhp numbers from the Viper, they haven't been able to effectively use it and the Supras and Gallardos have been cleaning house. The power can be used through the short quarter mile however
While TT Vipers are the "RWHP king" at 1700-2000 rwhp, they can't keep the power going through the drivetrain in the 1 mile events.

No build has been able to keep the torque from exploding the drivetrain, so the Vipers have done poorly in the 1 mile events despite being able to make the most power. The TT Gallardos and TT Supras have been kicking *** at the 1 mile events.

If the Viper could hold the power, I believe it could take the 1 mile crown with ease, as it simply overpowers everything else out there, but that is a WHAT IF, as no one has been able to do it yet for the full mile.

Now in the 1/4 mile, there are a few 1700+ rwhp Vipers that have ran 7's on the 6-speed. Pretty sure the record still belongs to the Viper, although the Supra is known to steal it away every once in awhile as it can also run 7's on the 6-speed.

Last time I checked, the Viper had the record by a tenth or so
So clearly Killemall is admitting the Viper's shortfalls! Lets give him a break as he is finally admitting the Viper is not the best car in the world. Some change is finally arriving within Killemall's brain

Also, give me 2 points for effort for trying to reorganize what Killemall said in legible and semi-readable sentences. Even my head hurt AFTER rearranging what he said.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Some of us like to build our cars not buy them. I wouldnt be happy buying a Z06 and not making it faster. Id buy a supra for the sole purpose of building it. Theres no fun in buying a car from the dealer, running a time, then sitting there like you accomplished something.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I wouldnt be happy buying a Z06 and not making it faster.
REALLY!!! hmmm
Old 12-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Teching In

I guess that doesnt apply to Viper owners will all their raw wheel horses
Old 12-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
A viper will never touch this:

let alone this:
Is the SVS Viper still the fastest Viper in the standing mile? If so, there's a 2.0L Evo that's ran faster
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
FACTS > KILLEMALL'S OPINION

Although, in his mind it looks like this

FACTS = KILLEMALL'S OPINION

Facts strain his little brain, so don't bother using them. He throws logic out the door the minute he wakes up.
Dammit man, your asking for it. By it I mean a 10 paragraph incoherent and contradicting reply.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Umm whats the beef you folks have with Vipers and their owners
Old 12-15-2010, 05:16 PM
***Repost Police***

I don't think it's a "beef," persay... just knocking someone off their high horse.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I don't think it's a "beef," persay... just knocking someone off their high horse.
Naw I'm not defending the guy or anything. He called me out in another thread for no apparent reason so have at him for all I care.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
So clearly Killemall is admitting the Viper's shortfalls! Lets give him a break as he is finally admitting the Viper is not the best car in the world. Some change is finally arriving within Killemall's brain

Also, give me 2 points for effort for trying to reorganize what Killemall said in legible and semi-readable sentences. Even my head hurt AFTER rearranging what he said.
He only had to crash two of them to figure it out.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
He only had to crash two of them to figure it out.
LOL, ahh a good study break laugh! Thanks bud!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
LOL, ahh a good study break laugh! Thanks bud!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FEARSM
LOL..WTF are you talking about. Numbers don't lie. Doesn't really matter WHY the supra was porduced in low numbers. The point is they WERE and are more rare than the VIPER or the NSX. Thats a fact. Stop trying to interject your OPINIONS as FACTS. Right now the Supra is the most sought after used car of the 1990's Import supercars and has kept its value so well that even KBB re-adjusted their pricing to account for that. It was built to compete with the RX-7, Corvette, 300ZX, and 3000 VR4. Even WITH the non turbo the units imported was still at 10000, less than HALF that of either of your cars.
FEARSM....You make a valid point Bro...But ther imported number really osent mean anything..Its the world wide units...nsx is 25K world wide after a 14 year run..Viper is 30K world wide after a 17 year run...

How many supras were produced in Japan..turbo and non turbo..How many were produced in the states turbo and non turbo..In short how many Toyota supras were made...

saying 6 k and forgetting about the other non turboed and japanese supras dosent count.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I guess that doesnt apply to Viper owners will all their raw wheel horses
Please don't get your idea of a Viper owner from this raw wheel horsepower tool.

Oh and for killemall's satisfaction, there were ~11,300 Supras sold in the US from 93-98, turbo and non-turbo making it a pretty rare car. I've seen maybe 2 in about a 10 mile radius from where I live that are driven on the street. I've heard stories about someone's got a shell but I don't really count that. However, I'm sure there are some places where there's quite a few.

Last edited by Mr370z; 12-15-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Teching In

I've seen probably and equal amount of supras and vipers, not many. Probably 2-3 NSX's in my life. Thats normally driving around. Havent been to alot of big meets or anything.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Launching!

depends on were you live..here in hawaii supras are evrywere..even the local librarian has one..Id guess thats theirs 25 plus supras on my lil 40 mile by 40 mile island...And probally 15-20 nsx's...Ive heard their are 10 vipers counting mine...But no idea...

Now in virginia I dont remember ever seeing a supra or nsx but I saw one viper....Born and raised there

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)