Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Hes gettin hate on honda-tech
Orly? Funny enough to go lurk?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
You're just pissed every car was faster than your DD!
Easy buddy! Don't be jealous of the Mitsubitchi!

**** no. I can't decide between ****. If this damn car ever sells, that would be an issue. Winter is the worst time to sell an f-body, go figure right?

Secretly, I kind of want an SS/TC, just to have a quick daily and something a bit different, while still being built better than an f-bomb. They are super easy to mod, and with no track around me anymore, 1320 times aren't a big deal. Roll Patrol!
I think a TC Coby would be pretty sweet. Stage 2 + bolt-ons and stop. Hopefully they fixed the transmissions for those years over the SC years
Old 01-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Launching!

1997 Cavalier z24 COLD AIR INTAKE and EXHAUST CAN

0-60 14 seconds quarter mile ...?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

**** no. I can't decide between ****. If this damn car ever sells, that would be an issue. Winter is the worst time to sell an f-body, go figure right?

Secretly, I kind of want an SS/TC, just to have a quick daily and something a bit different, while still being built better than an f-bomb. They are super easy to mod, and with no track around me anymore, 1320 times aren't a big deal. Roll Patrol!

How are things comin with your teg? Buying anything?
Yea, turbo manifold this week and getting the new turbo in a few weeks or so. I could get it tomorrow, just want to make sure I make a good choice. I'm not too 4-cylinder savvy

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Hes gettin hate on honda-tech
I don't think I fit in...
Old 01-11-2011, 06:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Yea, turbo manifold this week and getting the new turbo in a few weeks or so. I could get it tomorrow, just want to make sure I make a good choice. I'm not too 4-cylinder savvy
You're boosting your DD?

I'd be looking for a cast manifold. Tubular mani's are more likely to crack from all the heat cycles of DD duty.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Beans
You're boosting your DD?

I'd be looking for a cast manifold. Tubular mani's are more likely to crack from all the heat cycles of DD duty.
http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-92-inl...-manifold.aspx
Old 01-11-2011, 11:32 AM
9 Second Club

Sometimes I wonder why I'm boosting my T/A. **** is damned expensive. The little 4 bangers can be boosted pretty cheap it looks like.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
Sometimes I wonder why I'm boosting my T/A. **** is damned expensive. The little 4 bangers can be boosted pretty cheap it looks like.
Because you can make big power starting off with more power and make it hook a lot easier.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vids are coming here soon. Gotta make some dinner and then I'll add them here.

My friend ahs the exact same mods as you, but he's an auto. Another friend has an '11 Mustang V6 m6 with Roush exhaust. Both should be fun races once the snow clears.
Lmao nice vids, I wish I could upload my friend's racers. Not even beaters just their DD's LOL. And my car is down.. Motor swap winter build I was gonna keep it a secret till it's all done. mild 355 with a GM847 cam. Should be alright it's at my dad's in Kansas City right now for the build he has a heated two car garageThat's why we're doing it up there. On and maybe later some juice(100 shot) all my friends are always down to race the line up is 1995 Integra auto muffler delete airbox mod and 194xxx miles. 2001 Blazer airbox mod subs(added weight for traction he claims lmao. airbox mod. 1996 Dakota 318 5 speed Edelbrock intake and Blowmaster cat-back on 20's 2004 Mustang GT full exhuast unsure of what all it is he bought it that way, K&N CAI 4:10's and a short throw shifter, 2001 Civic Si Cat back and CAI. If anyone you know has something that'll run with these let me know. All of my friends are usually down to race. Roll or dig whatever.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Because you can make big power starting off with more power and make it hook a lot easier.
Pretty much. However I would love an Evo right now with 8" of snow outside right now.

But I'm worried about how the Integra will hook up. I've read of guys having traction problems through 3rd gear with only 300whp.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Boosting a V8 is more expensive because you need 2x as many of a lot of items.

Compared to what it costs to build/boost a German car, boosting any GM is cheap. The 335i is one of the few German cars with bang for the buck in the aftermarket.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much. However I would love an Evo right now with 8" of snow outside right now.

But I'm worried about how the Integra will hook up. I've read of guys having traction problems through 3rd gear with only 300whp.
I can vouch for that! Kinda scary no traction at 70.. I think it's because they make these cars so light. I've seen them well under a ton in DD trim.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stocker94z
Lmao nice vids, I wish I could upload my friend's racers. Not even beaters just their DD's LOL. And my car is down.. Motor swap winter build I was gonna keep it a secret till it's all done. mild 355 with a GM847 cam. Should be alright it's at my dad's in Kansas City right now for the build he has a heated two car garageThat's why we're doing it up there. On and maybe later some juice(100 shot) all my friends are always down to race the line up is 1995 Integra auto muffler delete airbox mod and 194xxx miles. 2001 Blazer airbox mod subs(added weight for traction he claims lmao. airbox mod. 1996 Dakota 318 5 speed Edelbrock intake and Blowmaster cat-back on 20's 2004 Mustang GT full exhuast unsure of what all it is he bought it that way, K&N CAI 4:10's and a short throw shifter, 2001 Civic Si Cat back and CAI. If anyone you know has something that'll run with these let me know. All of my friends are usually down to race. Roll or dig whatever.
Definitely would like to see the 04 GT in action, since it is a HUGE topic of debate here. All the other cars aren't really of interest, maybe if we do another slow car race night. However, I've always wanted to run a cam only LT1. If I still have the car by then, that would be fun.

Honestly, 250whp in a car that light will kill most things out there you see on a daily basis (at least where I live). Just get a nice set of tires to help out that little extra bit. Anything 100+ trap will be a solid DD car. Boost controller for kill mode wouldn't hurt.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:59 PM
9 Second Club

Boosting a V8 is more expensive because you need 2x as many of a lot of items.

Compared to what it costs to build/boost a German car, boosting any GM is cheap. The 335i is one of the few German cars with bang for the buck in the aftermarket.
True, but there isn't a whole lot in the aftermarket for that bimmer. There is a new tune from Cobb that came out. Flash based and easily revertible instead of having to take apart half of the engine bay to get my jb3 out. On top of that independent dyno's are showing an increase of 90hp and 90-100ft/tq at the wheels over the stock tune which is well above the current piggybacks. After that, there are no single turbo options yet and bolt ons consist of intake, IC, exhaust, DP's, and Meth.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

True, but there isn't a whole lot in the aftermarket for that bimmer. There is a new tune from Cobb that came out. Flash based and easily revertible instead of having to take apart half of the engine bay to get my jb3 out. On top of that independent dyno's are showing an increase of 90hp and 90-100ft/tq at the wheels over the stock tune which is well above the current piggybacks. After that, there are no single turbo options yet and bolt ons consist of intake, IC, exhaust, DP's, and Meth.
Well a big single is kind of pointless unless something develops with the fuel system. Seems like the limit it about 500whp.

As you know the basic bolt ons and tune do a lot for it though.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
9 Second Club

Well a big single is kind of pointless unless something develops with the fuel system. Seems like the limit it about 500whp.

As you know the basic bolt ons and tune do a lot for it though.
Yeah, the biggest limitation is fueling and there isn't anyone that is taking that on yet. It seems that **** is heating up with the cobb AP. Lots of people are posting up some really good numbers and with it being so easy to uninstall and leave no trace for BMW it becomes a game changer. Makes 450awhp with just bolt ons and no meth that much easier.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:55 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, the biggest limitation is fueling and there isn't anyone that is taking that on yet. It seems that **** is heating up with the cobb AP. Lots of people are posting up some really good numbers and with it being so easy to uninstall and leave no trace for BMW it becomes a game changer. Makes 450awhp with just bolt ons and no meth that much easier.
I look forward to seeing how the stock turbos hold up on tuned cars.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

(Tested the SVT owner's 2 cars vs each other this morning, Contour > turd gen f-body)
Oh no you did NOT just say that....

Old 01-11-2011, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Oh no you did NOT just say that....

TBI blows. I'm trying to get him to LSX swap that bitch. When the snow clears, we might be going to a junkyard.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Teching In

My integra hooked pretty nicely even at ~300whp. No LSD either. Just get some decent tires.

Quick Reply: **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**