Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
That sounds addicting. My buddy is trying to get me to do an LQ4/T76 build on my 97 WS6 to make it a total sleeper until I punch into it but I'm not sure. Still dreaming of a C6 Z51/GS. First priority is getting college done, getting a starting career, then saving up a down payment for a nice town house first year out of school. Should have a good chunk of money for the C6 and will be buying a brand new Silverado with cash whenever my Eclipse besides to blow up
Yeah, concentrate on school and getting the career going before worrying about dumping money into your car. I drove a pos geo prizm throughout school and into me getting a good job before even thinking about getting and modifying a car. **** gets expensive and a good career will make it easier.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buddy finally got his 05GT back running. Built 302 3v, stage 3 comp blower cams, rousch TVS. Made a little over 500whp stopping at (5000?) on 12lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoYlN81324U

Cant wait to dual.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Looks slow.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
Looks slow.
Agreed - Mustangs can't be fast

Originally Posted by willizm
Yeah, concentrate on school and getting the career going before worrying about dumping money into your car. I drove a pos geo prizm throughout school and into me getting a good job before even thinking about getting and modifying a car. **** gets expensive and a good career will make it easier.
And thanks for the advice. I'll be good to go!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:12 PM

I did a roll race a few weeks back against my friend... Me in my K5 blazer carb'd 383, 4 speed on 38s... VS his Crown vic ex cop car... I won LOL

He now has stainless works headers, mac prochamber and mac mufflers.. No current re-match lol
Old 01-09-2011, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by k5383
He now has stainless works headers, mac prochamber and mac mufflers.. No current re-match lol

Why spend money on a crown vic?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this thread, my friend has a 1995 Integra 194xxx miles muffler delete and airbox mod. He raced a 1997 GMC Sierra(4.3 auto) with just a thrush muffler and a gorilla for a driver regular cab long bed and a 2000ish Civic Si

Race 1# (Sierra) Just got on 364 rolling about 60 I'm in the Integra and we honk it off, the Sierra gets the jump about half car by 70 then we pull HARD I think he shifted into third??

Race 2#(Sierra) Rolling about 20 same thing except we pulled all the way to about 115 and by then we couldn't even see his truck anymore.

Race 3#(Sierra) 70 roll same thing the truck gets the first jump for about half a car then we pull hard.

Race 4# Civic Si(CAI and cat back) from a dig, even till about 30 then the Civic get's three lengths and something happened with the Integra it just bounced off the Rev-Limiter and wouldn't shift into 2nd? Don't know why.

Race 5#(Civic Si) dig; Civic puts massive amounts of bus lengths, it was probably football field lengths. Yes FOOTBALL FIELD lengths, he was scared he hurt his Integra. We left and went home.

My friend with the Integra is PISSED he wants something faster and a stick haha. Someone in the St. Charles/St. Peters area might recognize the car, it's white, body is pretty much destroyed and it says "King Kong" on the windshield and back hatch and an asian driver lmao.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stocker94z
I love this thread, my friend has a 1995 Integra 194xxx miles muffler delete and airbox mod. He raced a 1997 GMC Sierra(4.3 auto) with just a thrush muffler and a gorilla for a driver regular cab long bed and a 2000ish Civic Si

Race 1# (Sierra) Just got on 364 rolling about 60 I'm in the Integra and we honk it off, the Sierra gets the jump about half car by 70 then we pull HARD I think he shifted into third??

Race 2#(Sierra) Rolling about 20 same thing except we pulled all the way to about 115 and by then we couldn't even see his truck anymore.

Race 3#(Sierra) 70 roll same thing the truck gets the first jump for about half a car then we pull hard.

Race 4# Civic Si(CAI and cat back) from a dig, even till about 30 then the Civic get's three lengths and something happened with the Integra it just bounced off the Rev-Limiter and wouldn't shift into 2nd? Don't know why.

Race 5#(Civic Si) dig; Civic puts massive amounts of bus lengths, it was probably football field lengths. Yes FOOTBALL FIELD lengths, he was scared he hurt his Integra. We left and went home.

My friend with the Integra is PISSED he wants something faster and a stick haha. Someone in the St. Charles/St. Peters area might recognize the car, it's white, body is pretty much destroyed and it says "King Kong" on the windshield and back hatch and an asian driver lmao.
Never seen that car, but I have a couple friends who would be good races for your car.

Just did a "beater shootout" tonight, 5 slow *** cars. Got videos of most races, will post later.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never seen that car, but I have a couple friends who would be good races for your car.

Just did a "beater shootout" tonight, 5 slow *** cars. Got videos of most races, will post later.
I love beater races lol, I wanna see the vids. And my car or who's?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stocker94z
I love beater races lol, I wanna see the vids. And my car or who's?
Vids are coming here soon. Gotta make some dinner and then I'll add them here.

My friend ahs the exact same mods as you, but he's an auto. Another friend has an '11 Mustang V6 m6 with Roush exhaust. Both should be fun races once the snow clears.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Cool Daily Driver Shootout!

So last night me and a few friends had enough of this damn cold weather stopping our racing fun, so we headed out with 5 slow cars to have some fun.

(me)05 Focus- stock 5 speed (synchros are going out in a couple gears)
old POS Dakota- stock 5 speed, V6
Cobalt- stock 5 speed
Contour SVT- 5 speed, intake, headers, Y pipe,
Integra- 5 speed, intake, header, full exhaust, suspension

Dakota was talking **** saying he'd beat everyone.....some were saying the 'teg would beat the SVT as well. Basically this is how most thought it would fall:

Teg>SVT>Cobalt>Focus>Dakota (except Dakota owner thought he'd own all)

Onto the vids

Me (focus) vs cobalt [SVT behind us honked for this race only, both of us missed 2nd but I jammed it through the terrible grind and he let out]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34SFU7BCJs

Dig again but cobalt honked, ran to like 110.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWhFa325Scc

Focus vs Dakota Round 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGMIVrb6F0A

CSVT vs Integra --dig (teg lacks driver mod on launch)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRgy-6dCK-M

CSVT vs Integra -- 25 roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6WDzdAaNk

Integra vs Cobalt (again, teg can't launch for ****)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boI-pXxpXJQ

Dakota vs Focus, he wanted rematch so I powershifted every gear but the 1-2 shift, ran to 100+.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ItFpkMhxN4

CSVT takes the DD crown. We all had a fun night of ******* around in slow cars. Winter is too long.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^LOL at above races
Old 01-10-2011, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
^^^^LOL at above races
Told you we had vids. One of the guys has a GoPro but didn't bring it. You're just pissed every car was faster than your DD!

CSVT driver also has a '91 Firebird Bandit II (5.0 TBI with exhaust) and wants to race the Integra that thought it was fast. Here's a vid from the CSVT's car showing what he thinks of the 'teg. (from his FB)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...=1312199167566
Old 01-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

BS that you are going to line up a close to stock Integra with a Cobalt with all those gauges. Apples to oranges man.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
BS that you are going to line up a close to stock Integra with a Cobalt with all those gauges. Apples to oranges man.
Idiot. The Contour has the gauges, not the Integra or Cobalt. The SVT & teg have the exact same mods pretty much. Hell, the Integra's dash light is out and he can't even see his dash unless he has the dome light on. Slow *** 'tegs. Cobalt was bone *** stock with a better driver.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

You guys got some broke *** beaters! What happened to driving around nice "beaters"? Sheesh...Sean your beater is nicer than you serious car. Whats up with that???
Old 01-10-2011, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

You guys got some broke *** beaters! What happened to driving around nice "beaters"? Sheesh...Sean your beater is nicer than you serious car. Whats up with that???

(Tested the SVT owner's 2 cars vs each other this morning, Contour > turd gen f-body)
Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Decide on the GTO?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Decide on the GTO?
**** no. I can't decide between ****. If this damn car ever sells, that would be an issue. Winter is the worst time to sell an f-body, go figure right?

Secretly, I kind of want an SS/TC, just to have a quick daily and something a bit different, while still being built better than an f-bomb. They are super easy to mod, and with no track around me anymore, 1320 times aren't a big deal. Roll Patrol!

How are things comin with your teg? Buying anything?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Teching In

**** no. I can't decide between ****. If this damn car ever sells, that would be an issue. Winter is the worst time to sell an f-body, go figure right?

Secretly, I kind of want an SS/TC, just to have a quick daily and something a bit different, while still being built better than an f-bomb. They are super easy to mod, and with no track around me anymore, 1320 times aren't a big deal. Roll Patrol!

How are things comin with your teg? Buying anything?
Hes gettin hate on honda-tech

Quick Reply: **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**